The ideal candidate will have strong backend application experience including database design, workflow, and web services using an established PHP framework, very familiar with design patterns, data model designs and OOP frameworks. Individual must be able to assist the system architect throughout a long project and have the ability to lend insights in to our application design and how to take it to the next level. Similar to the role of a backup to lead engineer, we are looking for someone who could serve as a mentor to the other developers.
- Custom development of web applications for internal use and customer facing web applications
- Design database schema and architect new applications
- Work closely with users to test applications and gather feedback
- Serve as a technical liason for the other team members
- Ability to work with business analysts, marketing and users to quickly develop prototypes and mockups
- Good written and oral communication
- Work with systems architect to develop a ground up high usage web application
- Ability to work as part of a team
Required skill sets
- 3-5 years of OO PHP programming experience
- Web service development experience
- Social Media web development experience a Plus
- Experience with the application of design patterns in software solutions
- Experience in the full system development lifecycle
- Experience with agile/scrum software development methodologies
- Enjoys building larger applications from the ground-up with experience in taking an application from specification to production.
- Solid PHP 5, HTML, SOA, XML, AJAX, and Web Services
- Career experience with at least one established PHP framework such as Kohana, Zend or Cake
Takes a modular approach to application and database design in order to make future feature additions as simple and seamless as possible
- Practical expertise in web design, application flow, and development processes. Should write neat, flawless code.
- Familiar with versioning control systems, specifically Subversion.
- Knowledge of basic Linux server administration such as installing packages, SVN, restarting services, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Experience with Social media applications will be considered a plus.
Not required but will also be considered as pluses
- Mobile development experience
- Experience working with Amazon web services or Heroku for cloud development
- Experience with noSQL DB such as MongoDB a plus
- Cloud based application development
- Experience writing Recommendation Engines
- Experience writing various advertising solutions for the web
- Data store experience: relational databases, SQL, NoSQL, Cassandra, Solr, Hadoop
Since 1989, PlattForm (PlattForm.com) has set the standard of excellence in marketing and enrollment solutions for colleges and universities...