Platte Valley Medical Center Employee Reviews

The ER is a glorified expensive urgent care.
RN (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COMay 30, 2017
If you can look past the racist, barely literate staff and the non board certified "providers", this might be the place for you. If you feel like you would like a place with a nightshift staff that is unprofessional and bigoted sign up. Pay is not good. Management , when not kissing the behinds of higher ups, spend much of their time fomenting strife within the staff. They also have a wide variety of knives that they will cheerfully slip into your spine. The stress of working in such a hostile environment poisons your off time. You would be better off working as a call girl.
Pros
Cons
The ER is not a good place to work, especially as agency
Instrument Technician (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COMay 19, 2017
Work load is steady. Management is supportive. Culture is acceptable. The hardest part of the job is to keep communication lines open. The most enjoyable part of the job is my departmental co-workers.
Pros
Nice flow of work, able to give feedback, close to home
Cons
communication is sometimes lacking
Medical center which puts patients first.
Cashier, Central Admissions, ED Registrar (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COApril 14, 2017
PVMC held several events giving back to the community and patients 9 news health fair, Girls Night Out...

PVMC encourages patient to pay date of service or during pre reg by offering a prompt pay discounts and employee discounts. The health care system acknowledged employees on their tenure, birthday's, retirement, etc...
Working with and as a Family/This was my PVMC Family
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COApril 12, 2017
Workplace culture as off the charts. Everyone knows everyone and when they ask how you were doing they meant it.

My typical day at work is hardworking yet my co-workers (associates) are the best to work with. We work as partners with the same goals.

The hardest part of this job is making a lot of changes in a short amount of time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is just driving into a beautiful environment and knowing you are working with the best of the best. PVMC is PlaneTree affiliated and it showed. It was our goal that every patient be treated in a personal way. i.e.: calling a patient by name, our volunteers go out of their way to set with a patient and try to make them comfortable until the Doctor could get to the room.

This Brighton Community is wonderful to work with and Management has embraced the patients. There was a lot of staff that live in Brighton so you see neighbors helping neighbors.
Pros
Company Picnics, Celebration of staff and Employee Activities
Cons
Merger
14 years with this company has been a very good experience
Senior Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COApril 2, 2017
I have learned hospital billing including commercial, medicare and medicaid lines of business.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the camaraderie within the department.
The most difficult part of the job is not being able to resolve all the unpaid claims.
Medical Laboratory Technician
MLT (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COFebruary 11, 2017
Fresh out of MLT school I moved from Portland to Denver to begin my laboratory career. Lucky for me, that chapter began at Platte Valley. For 5 years I had the pleasure of working with some great people: techs, phlebotomists, supervisors, and an awesome lab director! I began working as a PRN and soon after landed a full-time position. The people in that lab were like a second family. Lots of laughter and arguing, but at the end of the day we looked out for each other. I gained so much valuable generalist experience: hematology, blood bank, chemistry, and microbiology. Several years ago I decided to return to school and enrolled in a MLT-to-MT program. My supervisors and lab director were supportive every step of the way! They helped me with course work and took time out of their busy schedules to proctor exams.. Everyone went above and beyond to help me succeed. After becoming a Medical Technologist in 2015, I moved out of state again, but I'll always have good memories of working at PVMC.
Pros
fair supervisors and lab director, fun co-workers, good food, great benefits
Cons
icy parking lot, claustrophobic/cramped lab
The food facilities are fantastic
Network Administrator (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COJanuary 3, 2017
Working in clinical IT is as challenging as a civilian IT job can get. The hours are fairly stable outside of special projects and change windows.

Management changed often. It was excellent at times and nonexistent at others.
Pros
Great dining facility
Cons
Unless you live in Brighton the commute can be difficult.
Great Place to Work
Patient Care Tech/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COJanuary 2, 2017
One of the best things about working at this hospital are the patients. They are so sweet and so polite. You not only help the patient but you cultivate a relationship since it's such a small community.
Pros
Flexible Hours
An upcoming hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brighton, CONovember 19, 2016
I work with amazing people from Physicians, Nurses, Labarotory Personnel, IT, HIM, Environmental Services, Plant Management, Admitting Personnel and I am proud to part of the staff.
I love with patients and helping them and their families with their best possible outcome fromprocedures.
Great employer
Phlebotomist II (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COApril 17, 2015
Great company. Everyone is treated with respect. It is a small company with great potential for growth. I will be sad to leave.
Today, PVMC is one of the top performing hospitals with a mission to foster optimal health for all.
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COJanuary 18, 2015
As an EMT, organizes and prioritizes patient services delivered according to Medical Center and department policies and procedures. Properly evaluates medical emergencies and triages patients accordingly. Provides appropriate medical care of the patient within scope of practice. Collects medical data and charts appropriately, notifying Charge Nurse of any abnormal/unusual findings. Demonstrates proficiency with IV management, phlebotomy, specimen collection, catheter management, EKG procedures, and orthopedic interventions.
Great Job. Was there for 14 years. Always felt like par of the team.
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COJuly 13, 2014
Very autonomous position. Great learning environment. The physicians and staff always made me feel welcome. Good pay and I greatly appreciated my flexibility with the schedule.
Pros
Schedule flexibility. Pay. Independence.
Cons
25 miles from home. 30-45 minute commute one way.
Er
Paramedic - Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COMay 31, 2014
Great place to work, Management helps out during busy times
Pros
takes care of staff
Cons
Just PRN
Great staff; horrible management
Paramedic/ED Technician (Former Employee) –  Brighton, CODecember 7, 2013
Always busy work to be done, patient care, and stocking. There were always seminars on "work place bullying", mainly because it was such a problem there in several departments. There are security issues for employee safety that have yet to be corrected. The best part with working with some of the most amazing health care providers I've ever met, as well as fellow techs and nursing staff; its a very close knit group, and can be clique to work with.
Pros
as of Feb we always get our lunch breaks
Cons
you have a target on your back for most of your time employed there
Outstanding place to work
RN BSN (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEDecember 2, 2013
Typical day of work included providing RN duties in a clinical setting. Other duties required returning various test results via telephone, faxing documents, and contacting patients with questions and/or answers. I learned to manage my time, interact with co-workers in a team environment and the knowledge required of a nurse who works in neurology. Co-workers looked out for each other and were a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the high volume of patients that my physician provided care for. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and the fact that I was taking care of my patients in a positive and timely manner.
Pros
worked days, weekends off, no calls
Cons
ate lunch at desk
well and good and fast
Airman & family Readiness Center (military office) (Current Employee) –  brighton COMarch 13, 2013
never have been so easy, make it more fast. even a babe can do it
really nice co-workers
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COJanuary 11, 2013
It was nice to help out the people in th ICU, i would take them water and whatevr they really needed. Everybody was nice.
Pros
discount on lunch
Cons
not alot of comunication
Love it here. Good employer
EMS quality coordinator, (Current Employee) –  Brighton, ColoradoJanuary 10, 2013
Surprised to see negative comments. Have been in medicine for 40 years, and this is the best employer I've ever had. Equipment is tops, commitment to sick people and their families is real and consistent, lots of opportunities to contribute ideas. No kidding, I can't complain.
Pros
decent pay & benefits, great people
Cons
dental & eyecare insurance could be better
Everyone know everyone.
Staff Nurse - Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Brighton, CODecember 3, 2012
Small community hospital where it is hard to not know everyone. Trying to establish an identity in the community, but competition is moving into the area. Lacks surgical backup for any trauma or critically-ill cardiac patients. Most interesting cases get shipped to larger facilities.
Pros
team enviroment
Cons
will only learn so much
Fairly new hospital, with old culture,sub-standard care.
MED TECH, RN (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COJune 19, 2012
This was a very scary place to work. I saw very
Mean and scary things at this hospital. Staff is
Old. The old platte valley should have left their
Old ways of doing procedures and business at the
Old hospital. Instead its too many accidents and
Too many "cover-ups" . Staff is not willing to learn
Better ways to be more efficient, save money,
Reduce accidents in or, er, l&d, get it! It's your
Staff attitudes, too many not willing to do what's
Right! I was told many times "don't you need this job"
I left pv very dissolusioned. I drive pass pv on my
Way to parker, where the staff here truly care,
No games are tolerated here. I feel safe here.
This hospital is in need of a good housecleaning.
You are all in denile!
Pros
close to shopping, great cafe
Cons
too many game players, too many clicks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Platte Valley Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Platte Valley Medical Center Reviews by Location