Platte Valley Medical Center Employee Reviews

Today, PVMC is one of the top performing hospitals with a mission to foster optimal health for all.
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COJanuary 18, 2015
As an EMT, organizes and prioritizes patient services delivered according to Medical Center and department policies and procedures. Properly evaluates medical emergencies and triages patients accordingly. Provides appropriate medical care of the patient within scope of practice. Collects medical data and charts appropriately, notifying Charge Nurse of any abnormal/unusual findings. Demonstrates proficiency with IV management, phlebotomy, specimen collection, catheter management, EKG procedures, and orthopedic interventions.
Great Job. Was there for 14 years. Always felt like par of the team.
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COJuly 13, 2014
Very autonomous position. Great learning environment. The physicians and staff always made me feel welcome. Good pay and I greatly appreciated my flexibility with the schedule.
Pros
schedule flexibility. pay. independence.
Cons
25 miles from home. 30-45 minute commute one way.
ER
Paramedic - Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COMay 31, 2014
Great place to work, Management helps out during busy times
Pros
takes care of staff
Cons
just prn
Great staff; horrible management
Paramedic/ED Technician (Former Employee) –  Brighton, CODecember 7, 2013
Always busy work to be done, patient care, and stocking. There were always seminars on "work place bullying", mainly because it was such a problem there in several departments. There are security issues for employee safety that have yet to be corrected. The best part with working with some of the most amazing health care providers I've ever met, as well as fellow techs and nursing staff; its a very close knit group, and can be clique to work with.
Pros
as of feb we always get our lunch breaks
Cons
you have a target on your back for most of your time employed there
Outstanding place to work
RN BSN (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEDecember 2, 2013
Typical day of work included providing RN duties in a clinical setting. Other duties required returning various test results via telephone, faxing documents, and contacting patients with questions and/or answers. I learned to manage my time, interact with co-workers in a team environment and the knowledge required of a nurse who works in neurology. Co-workers looked out for each other and were a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the high volume of patients that my physician provided care for. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and the fact that I was taking care of my patients in a positive and timely manner.
Pros
worked days, weekends off, no calls
Cons
ate lunch at desk
well and good and fast
Airman & family Readiness Center (military office) (Current Employee) –  brighton COMarch 13, 2013
never have been so easy, make it more fast. even a babe can do it
really nice co-workers
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COJanuary 11, 2013
It was nice to help out the people in th ICU, i would take them water and whatevr they really needed. Everybody was nice.
Pros
discount on lunch
Cons
not alot of comunication
Love it here. Good employer
EMS quality coordinator, (Current Employee) –  Brighton, ColoradoJanuary 10, 2013
Surprised to see negative comments. Have been in medicine for 40 years, and this is the best employer I've ever had. Equipment is tops, commitment to sick people and their families is real and consistent, lots of opportunities to contribute ideas. No kidding, I can't complain.
Pros
decent pay & benefits, great people
Cons
dental & eyecare insurance could be better
Everyone know everyone.
Staff Nurse - Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Brighton, CODecember 3, 2012
Small community hospital where it is hard to not know everyone. Trying to establish an identity in the community, but competition is moving into the area. Lacks surgical backup for any trauma or critically-ill cardiac patients. Most interesting cases get shipped to larger facilities.
Pros
team enviroment
Cons
will only learn so much
FAIRLY NEW HOSPITAL, WITH OLD CULTURE,SUB-STANDARD CARE.
MED TECH, RN (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COJune 19, 2012
TOO MANY "COVER-UPS" . STAFF IS NOT WILLING TO LEARN
BETTER WAYS TO BE MORE EFFICIENT, SAVE MONEY,
REDUCE ACCIDENTS IN OR, ER, L&D, GET IT! IT'S YOUR
STAFF ATTITUDES, TOO MANY NOT WILLING TO DO WHAT'S
RIGHT! I WAS TOLD MANY TIMES "DON'T YOU NEED THIS JOB"
I LEFT PV VERY DISSOLUSIONED. I DRIVE PASS PV ON MY
WAY TO PARKER, WHERE THE STAFF HERE TRULY CARE,
NO GAMES ARE TOLERATED HERE. I FEEL SAFE HERE.
THIS HOSPITAL IS IN NEED OF A GOOD HOUSECLEANING.
YOU ARE ALL IN DENILE!
Pros
close to shopping, great cafe
Cons
too many game players, too many clicks
Small town feel that is a wonderful environment to work in.
RN (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COApril 28, 2012
Enjoyed the fact that you get to know everyone in that hospital and they treat you like family. I have never worked for a community hospital before and I recommend it to anyone. The financial compensation is the best I could find in the Denver area.

4.2