The Collections Analyst will primarily be responsible for International collections but is also responsible for collecting delinquent A/R across all company lines including both PlayNetwork and SiriusXM accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following is a list of general job responsibilities for the Collections Analyst position. This list is not all-inclusive and may be broadened or changed to meet changing business needs.
- Responsible for contacting accounts and obtaining payment of past due invoices to reduce DSO.
- Responsible for reconciling past due accounts. This will require defining payment issues and disputes and working with both internal Sales Account Managers and external customers to resolve those issues and disputes to obtain payment of past due receivables in an expeditious manner.
- Responsible for updating and identifying documentary requirements by country to aid in International collections.
- Responsible for defining reasons for delinquent status and proposing repayment schedules to be approved by the Director where those actions are required.
- Responsible for setting up both PlayNetwork and SiriusXM accounts on Automatic Credit Card payment where appropriate when working through the Collection process.
- Recommend and support escalation process on individual delinquent accounts, including write-offs and appropriate Collection Agency activity to Director as needed.
- Responsible for delegating various types of account reconciliation research to Accounts Receivable Specialist where necessary to obtain supporting documentation for appropriate action required to reconcile account balance with customers.
- Develop strong working relationships with Sales Account Manages to better facilitate the timely collection of outstanding receivables.
- Work closely with Billing and CS teams to resolve any outstanding issues in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate vendor, employee and management staff as needed to investigate and resolve issues or locate missing documentation.
- Develop positive and productive working relationships with both internal (co-workers and management) and external (vendors and subcontractors) customers.
- Escalate collection disputes through customer organization from invoice approving authority through the financial organization starting with the Accounts Payable Manger and moving up from there when unsuccessful in obtaining timely payment through the invoice approving authority.
- Projects as assigned by Director, Credit/Collections
- Minimum of 4 - 5 years experience in a high volume, fast-paced, dynamic corporate Collections environment.
- Working with Sales Account Managers in coordinating and following multiple avenues of collections activities.
- B.A. in Business or equivalent experience preferred.
- International Collections experience (Asia/Middle East/Latin America) a plus.
- Experience with Apostille and Certificate of Residency document requirements and Chop Stamps a plus.
- Language skills (Asian and/or Latin America) a plus.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency with MS Windows Office Suite (advanced user of excel and word)
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to produce professional documents, including spreadsheets, correspondence and e-mail
- Ability to follow directions, meet strict deadlines and work independently
- Strives for accuracy of work product, attention to detail
- Adaptability for learning and change
- High level of confidentiality, discretion and professionalism
- Proven ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Results oriented and able to deliver accurate/detailed work product on time in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with frequently changing priorities
- Leads by example and exemplifies the PlayNetwork Guiding Principles in actions and behaviors
- Sound judgment and decision making
- Solutions-oriented team player
- Responds creatively to “continuous change” and steady growth environment
- Able to effectively provide, receive, and respond positively to constructive feedback
- Participates in the building and maintaining of a positive and healthy organizational culture
- Seeks out information, training, and other resources needed to facilitate continual professional development necessary to be successful in this position
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time. In this position you must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Due to the nature of our business, you may be exposed to potentially offensive lyrics and/or video content. In order to prevent this type of material from going to our customers it is a necessary function of our business to listen for, edit or remove this content from our database.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire related job skills and perform other related work as required.