The PlayPhone team is looking for an experienced PHP engineer who are excited by the challenge of making the most performant, secure, and scalable products in the world. We are passionate about building tools to help make both game developers and gamers enjoy an amazing experience. Working with our carrier and technology partners, we are focussing on building features to make the most robust mobile social gaming experience possible!
Despite our 10 years in existence and prominent VC backing, PlayPhone very much operates in startup mode on the Engineering side. With a small, focused engineering team supported by the rest of the product teams, ideas go from concept to production in days and weeks, not months and quarters. We deal with end user products, big data challenges, mobile billing, and a world of analytics crunching - all creating a really exciting and fast paced environment for any motivated Engineer.
- Continuously evolve PlayPhone through the mobile experience
- Write scalable, efficient software utilizing our existing technology suite (PHP5, MySQL, Redis)
- Intelligently understand the platform for the proper execution of your responsibilities
- Work closely with our entire product team encompassing frontend, backend, and mobile application engineers
- Continuously evolve our products through optimal understanding of code and context
- Skilled and obsessive PHP performance, scalability, and quality
- An understanding of the web stack in and out
- Excited about working with a self-directed, cross-functional team
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science with solid programming fundamentals
- Real world, demonstrable experience
- 3+ years of experience
- Experience in writing PHP in a high load, big data, and/or social environment
- Experience with scrum, git (github), big data platforms, social networks, gaming
Show us your stuff! Please provide us with information you feel would be useful to us in gaining a better understanding of your technical your background and accomplishments. Links to GitHub, personal web pages, etc. are exceptionally useful. We especially appreciate pointers to open source projects and blog contributions of which you are particularly proud of.
Indeed - 12 months ago