The Programmer is responsible for helping to create game applications, including the user interface, game modes, and/or features that involve game play for projects that will be delivered on mobile and digital platforms. He/she will participate in defining the user experience and quality of the game as well as implementing it.
Essential Job Functions:
- Applies strong problem-solving/debugging skills in C++
- Assists in architecting and implementing game play mechanics and/or user interfaces
- Constructs solutions to unforeseen design problems in a timely manner
- Understands and follows a task schedule that is provided by the Lead
- Coordinates with Lead to communicate scheduling and progress information
- Interacts and communicates effectively with management on both a project and studio level
- Performs other similar or related duties as necessary
- 2+ years of relevant development experience
- Completed at least one game cycle from start to finish
- Strong knowledge of C/C++
- Strong 3D math experience
- iOS and other mobile experience desired
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability and willingness to accept and follow direction.
- Collaborate productively with others and work hard to meet deadlines as necessary.
- Positive, professional attitude. Disciplined and self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to think creatively and analytically. An in-depth understanding of how gameplay works and how to create fun, meaningful experiences for the player.
- Passion for games and ability to articulate that passion clearly.
Bachelor's (BS) degree from an accredited 4-year college or university or equivalent industry experience.
Indeed - 12 months ago
Our goal: To introduce the entire world to the excitement of tabletop gaming!
Located in San Diego’s beautiful coastal community...