Playworks Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work and grow
Program Cooridinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 28, 2016
long work hours
teaches you how to be a self starter and the importance of rapport building
managment is amazing
you don't see your co-workers very often
the hardest part of the job is communicating with the children.
Play can change the world
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 8, 2016
Playworks is creating a movement through play. Culture shifts through safe fun and inclusive healthy play. Playworks is leading the way!
Playworks is a great place to work.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 2, 2016
Playworks is a great company to work for. It has a good benefits package and they support their employees. The job is physically active and promotes kids to be physically active as well.
Pros
physically active and outdoors.
Cons
Exhausting and requires high energy at all times
Great Nonprofit
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 14, 2016
Playworks is an amazing place to work. The mission and culture are enough to keep you involved for years. Even those who leave end up returning because of the people and work being done. I highly recommend working there if offered an opportunity.
Making play fun
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 5, 2016
I have learned a great deal especially when it comes to making play for youth fun and not simply instruction. It is great understanding how to make instructional info more accessible to youth and then they are both engaged and enjoying our time together.
Great Kids, Awful Staff
Coach (Former Employee) –  WisconsinSeptember 5, 2015
While I enjoyed the concept of teaching children and benefitting their lives, the management and behind the scenes part of Playworks is shady. They will only promote those who "kiss up" and try to use your love of helping kids to ensure multiple years of Americorp employment for little pay. Management will say one thing and do another. While I loved working with kids, the Playworks management and staff work environment was too horrendous to handle.
Pros
Teaching children
Cons
Awful pay, Bad Management, deceitful
Fun and Rewarding Place to Work
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 30, 2015
Playworks is the most fun and rewarding place I've ever worked! Playing games and teaching kids solid values mad me feel great about myself and helped me to become a more confident person!
Great NonProfit
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2015
An amazing place to work for someone interested in a career with kids. Lots of great opportunities to impact the lives of people.
Pros
Lots of fun
Cons
Not a lot of money
Mission and People
Program Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 3, 2015
Main reason why people love to work at Playworks is because they believe in the Playworks mission and love to work with people that have the same passion.
Cons
pay is lower than most non-profits
Rewarding community service Position
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 3, 2015
Working for Playworks was a great experience, connecting with the community helping children in need. The management and corporate values are fun safe and inspiring. This is a great job for recent gradates looking to make a difference in needy children.

Want to know more about Playworks?

Ask a question
Fun and life changing!
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 16, 2015
The work day is fun but instructional. So far I've learned to be a reliable person to not only the students but the school staff. I micro-manage myself, but my manager is definitely a great backbone. My co-workers are pretty responsible and don't mind having fun! The hardest part is having to leave the job. The most enjoyable part is getting to your school and being attacked by the joy of 100+ students.
Pros
Fun days!
Cons
Stress of being able to help each child
Very fun workplace!
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNJune 3, 2015
• Assist children and their families.
• Give guests tokens and redeem prizes.
• Assist and help with art activities, interactive play and learning games that we provide.
• Maintain a safe play environment.
• Observe and monitor children's play activities.
• Communicate with children's parents or guardians about daily activities, behaviors, and related issues.
• Sanitize toys and play equipment.
• Support children's emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts.
• Assist in preparing food and serving meals and refreshments to children.
• Instruct children in health and personal habits, such as eating, resting, and toilet habits.
• Discipline children and recommend or initiate other measures to control behaviors.
• Organize and store toys and materials to ensure order in activity areas.

Loved the management team, my co-workers were the absolute best co-workers I could have asked for and made each working day a blast! The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to work and be around kids while still having fun.
Program Coordinator
Program Coordinator- AmeriCorps Member (Current Employee) –  Silicon ValleyMarch 19, 2015
Collaborated with school staff on promoting positive behavior and interactions among all students. Structured recess boundaries and led age appropriate games to maximize student engagement and positivity. Organized youth leadership program for 25 students meeting after school on topic such as anti- bullying, conflict resolution and citizenship. I meet with three classes everyday teaching the students new games to play during recess.
Fun place to work
Program coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston TXMarch 6, 2015
It is a great play to work. However not having a job over the summer is stressful and the management style is not up to par yet.
Playworks
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2014
Creating a safe and inclusive recess yard and be a significant presence in and out of an elementary school setting by organizing and playing games with 100+ students. Encourage safe, healthy play and positive conflict resolution through role modeling and active participation. Plan and implement activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children in the program as well as develop different leadership opportunities within the program for the students.
Hardest part is working in Houston heat. The most rewarding part is getting children more active.
Pros
physical fitness for low income youths
Cons
no teacher support, poor supervisor skills
Fun and Safe work place
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Playworks is one of the best place I know. my first day felt as if I knew everyone my whole life. The culture that the leadership create at play works is one that makes everyone feel like a family. I was in a safe place, no competition.
Enhancing the lives of children through relationships and physical activity.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 7, 2014
Great company to work for, especially if you're considering a career in education. A typical day includes lesson planning, teaching classes, collaborating with school staff to ensure that the needs of every child are being met.
Pros
great work environment, lots of support from managers.
Cons
compensation
Playful Play
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 2, 2014
A typical work day will begin with before school recess at 7:00 and ends at 7:45, then I have a few classes come outside to play in 30 minute increments. Next I will have recess from 11:00 am til 1:15 pm in 25 minute increments per class. Finally my day will end with one more class game time at 2:00pm til 2:30. The hardest part of my job is being prepared for the weather because I am outdoors a lot there are days when the rain can cause the playground to be shut down or cancel certain games that need large spaces. I am the only employee from my company that works at the elementary school that I am located but we are all outstanding individuals. I would have to say that the most enjoyable part of the job and playing with kids and seeing them have endless fun.
Pros
enjoying the play with children
Cons
early mornings, and outside during hot conditions
I like to do cool stuff and like to learn alot
Coach (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 26, 2014
I really like to work with kids and teach them really fun games or work with them with homework.
Productive and fun enviornment
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 6, 2013
My current job is a fast paced, fun and interactive position with staff and students. Freedom to create and organize weekyl and monthly lesson plans and calendars. Occasional visits and evaluation from management. Monthly and weekly staff trainings and professional developement trainings. The hardest part would be that this position is an outdoor job which means that it is generally wether permitting and I have to be very flexible and change my plans to move indoors if necessary. I enjoy the enviorment and the staff that I work with.

4.4