Playworks Employee Reviews

Great Mission!
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 30, 2017
Dedicated to servicing students who need it most in a fun, supportive and interactive way! The managers are supportive and have great ideas to help support your program. Each coordinator has a lot of power to individualize their school community to be as fun and structured as they want it to be. Fun place to work overall.
Good cause, terrible management (office staff only)
site coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 6, 2017
Co workers are cool but you only see them every now and then, other than that I only had a problem with 3 people.(fakes) mostly trained my self with very little help so expectations were not realistic.get everything in writing and cover your self because again if it's your word against your female manager word (loosing battle)your in trouble.Uncomfortable work experience in office with language and jokes used .not professional work place
Pros
The message to the kids/working with teachers for great cause
Cons
Hidden agendas by director and management.
Fun in concept, rising nonprofit with a healthy share of corporate influence
Home office employee (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 25, 2017
This was a great place to work if you are starting out in the nonprofit industry and are willing to scrape at any job or if you are C-level executive who wants to feel like you are doing well in the world. For those in the middle, it didn't feel great. Overall, a good experience, but the constant stresses of hitting the numbers took away some of the joy of impacting the lives of children.
Playful work culture in a mission-driven nonprofit
Playworker (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 3, 2017
Playworks is a great place to work. The culture is non-hierarchical and mission-driven. There is a positive and collaborative work culture and one feels that their contribution is valued.
Great Place for childcare experience
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNJuly 25, 2017
There are many different options for careers. Fantastic place for children to go. You can go with your family or do drop off childcare. The offer childcare for infant to 12 years old.
Fun place to work!
PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 16, 2017
If you love helping people out. This is definitely something that I enjoyed doing. Always offering multiple opportunities to be of service in the community.
ok place. except the unexpected.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2017
If it was not for the manager, I would love Playworks. They expect you to do things that make no sense whatsoever. But, the kids are the most rewarding part.
Pros
Heath Care
Cons
Wierd Manager
Great place to work, up beat and challenging
AmeriCorps Member (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 27, 2017
Working for Playworks was one of the most rewarding experiences I have ever had the pleasure of having. Not only are you part of a team, but you are part of a family. You learn this quickly and become close with one another by participating in many of the team-building exercises/trainings that you are offered throughout your service year. This is not the only AmeriCorps program that I have participated in but it has definitely been a favorite for me. If you love to be active and are passionate about making a difference in your community then I strongly suggest applying.
Pros
Self-growth, community engagement, positive work culture
Fun place to work
Site Coordinator-Somerville Public Schools (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 21, 2017
Playworks is a great place to work. If you are in any way interested in working with kids and in a fun work place environment than this is the right place for you.
Pros
fun, rewarding
Cons
job security year to year, salary is low
Fun and involves a high level of energy and great attitude!
Implemented the Junior Coach Leadership Program (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 8, 2016
Have fun! Make sure that you are prepared, organized and build rapport with the school you work with. Establish routines, respect and expectations early which will make the experience easier.
Pros
Dress comfortably, meet lots of people, you work with an entire school so you're able to engage all the children
Cons
Short breaks, change in weather
fun experience
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 24, 2016
I volunteered at playworks. It was a positive experience playing wityh the kids. It really tested my patience, especially since i was volunteering and not getting paid. All and all. I learned allot about myself.
Productive and fun way to engage school aged children in games.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2016
At my site I supervised a total of 350+ school aged students in grades K-5 during their recess time. I also worked with each individual class to promote better behavior in the classroom and community through the power of play.
Pros
Education Award
Cons
Salary isn't the best since we're only paid for 10 months.
Greatest Job I've ever had
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 6, 2016
Seriously. I loved working for Playworks. They do everything right. They have great benefits (very affordable!) and are always trying to help people work their way up to whatever it is they want to do in life. Very great work environment. Get ready for fun.
Great place to work and grow
Program Cooridinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 28, 2016
long work hours
teaches you how to be a self starter and the importance of rapport building
managment is amazing
you don't see your co-workers very often
the hardest part of the job is communicating with the children.
Play can change the world
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 8, 2016
Playworks is creating a movement through play. Culture shifts through safe fun and inclusive healthy play. Playworks is leading the way!
Playworks is a great place to work.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 2, 2016
Playworks is a great company to work for. It has a good benefits package and they support their employees. The job is physically active and promotes kids to be physically active as well.
Pros
physically active and outdoors.
Cons
Exhausting and requires high energy at all times
Great Nonprofit
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 14, 2016
Playworks is an amazing place to work. The mission and culture are enough to keep you involved for years. Even those who leave end up returning because of the people and work being done. I highly recommend working there if offered an opportunity.
Making play fun
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 5, 2016
I have learned a great deal especially when it comes to making play for youth fun and not simply instruction. It is great understanding how to make instructional info more accessible to youth and then they are both engaged and enjoying our time together.
Great Kids, Awful Staff
Coach (Former Employee) –  WisconsinSeptember 5, 2015
While I enjoyed the concept of teaching children and benefitting their lives, the management and behind the scenes part of Playworks is shady. They will only promote those who "kiss up" and try to use your love of helping kids to ensure multiple years of Americorp employment for little pay. Management will say one thing and do another. While I loved working with kids, the Playworks management and staff work environment was too horrendous to handle.
Pros
Teaching children
Cons
Awful pay, Bad Management, deceitful
Fun and Rewarding Place to Work
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 30, 2015
Playworks is the most fun and rewarding place I've ever worked! Playing games and teaching kids solid values mad me feel great about myself and helped me to become a more confident person!