Plaza Auto Mall Employee Reviews

Not a productive place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 22, 2017
The culture of the work place was every man for themselves. No one offered any help.everyone was subjected to themselves. No team work at all. Negative atmosphere at all times.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
staffing was unexceptable
Productive day at work
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  2740 Nostrand Ave, Brooklyn, NYFebruary 15, 2017
Great customer service. Management was great and they motivated me to expand more in life. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing people drive off happy with their vehicles.
Productive and fun workplace.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 2, 2016
A day at the work place would be a lot of typing and clerical work. My duties were answering multiple lines, taking messages, entering personal information into the database.
A gigantic car dealership with hundreds of employees, and a very comfortable environment to work in.
E-COMMERCE & INVENTORY SPECIALIST, PHOTOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2016
This was my first job in US, and I think I got lucky to be a part of this company. I learnt a lot of stuff, they gave me a really great experience for the past two years. Competitive salary, fast-paced environment, but no unnecessary pressure. Great people, great team, fun to work with. Thank you, Plaza.
Pros
A good portion of freedom, as long as you do your job 100%.
Cons
Be ready to multitask, and do something that was not initially in your job description.
Great Place to work
General Manager Assistant/ Finance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 14, 2016
Plaza Auto Mall is a great place to work. There is always room for growth. Typically my day begins at 9 AM and ends at 7 PM. Plaza is a time sensitive environment. I manage a team of finance assistants. We make sure all the sold deals make it to the bank on time for funding. The most enjoyable part of my day is troubleshooting customer issues and putting a smile on their faces.
Sales
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 12, 2015
First sales job. A typical day here was a stressful day here. There was a lot of pressure to sell warranties but I always gave it my best pushed my sales and met my goals.
Challenging and Rewarding
Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 27, 2015
Provided basic maintenance such as: tune ups, oil change, changed A/T fluid, power steering fluid, spark plugs, air filters, wipers. I learned hands on training and gained extensive knowledge regarding Toyota made vehicles. The hardest part was working on newer model cars with basic knowledge on the vehicle. The most enjoyable part was accomplishing the goal of providing maintenance on the cars that I once had limited knowledge of.
Pros
Hands on Training
Great Experience
Receptionist/ Biller (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 21, 2015
My first position was receptionist then move up to the billing department as a biller. My experiences days at work is heavy customer services and greeting new visitors Filling out important document and enter informant and cope in data base. I learn a lot about a dealership requirements and how every positions in a dealership is important and why work has to be done on time and professional manner. Management is one of the hardest position in a dealership but Jim F from Plaza Auto Mall Honda showroom is the greatest and hard working men. He know how to deal with customers , gets all his papers work done and correct and work over hours then he should. My co-workers was very nice people, team players and all about reach to success. The hardest part of the job trying my make sure every customer leaves happy and comes back. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing happy customers leaving with their dream car and visitor coming about to get another car.
A very tedious job
BDC Rep-Honda Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 1, 2015
This job was very tedious and you have to make calls all day long to make your sales for the month. I enjoyed my co workers the most because they were very friendly. the hardest part of the job was making commission and actually getting people through the door.
it was new and different to me
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 28, 2015
the car business is different from a lot of other business kind of sorta remind me of the stock market can be good today and next week its bad but other than that i made it work my co-workers loved me and i think with that job being so new to me i learned that anything i could learn for the 1st time i pick up on really quick.
Pros
the money was good also it wasn't that far of a commute home.
Cons
management could've been better
High impact senior sales & marketing executive marketing
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT Manager (Former Employee) –  Brookln NYOctober 9, 2014
Trainer and development of all dealership locations. Daily operations Management of E-C0MMERCE
Management needs a overhaul
Customer Service Representative & Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 1, 2014
3 managers in the space of less than a year. high turn over rate. This place taught me a lot about customer service but that's about it. New rules at the drop of a dime, procedures change at will. Getting used to doing things one way only for a new manager to come in and change it COMPLETELY. This place is a great resume builder but lacks upward mobility.
Interesting
Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 12, 2014
Fast paced environment. Commission based. takes a few months to transition. strong selling skills developed.
Productive, high volume of work , funny , friendly employees
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 24, 2014
High call volume
High customer volume

Management are very helpful

Co-workers are like a big family always available to help when you need them.
Pros
Hour lunch, over time
Vehicles are always getting delivered
Operator / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 22, 2014
Called clients to remind them of their upcoming appointments and made sure customers were satisfied with our service.
Pros
Friendly atmospere
Cons
No advancements
A Great Place To Work At
Shuttle Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 20, 2014
I would go in an open my department, and turn on my computer to start my mapquest for directions for my drivers. I learned a lot about cars. My co-workers were not only friendly, but very helpful when I needed them. The hardest part is when I couldn't help my customers as much as I could have.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-workers and when I saw the smile on my customers faces of satisfaction of servicel
Productiv and fun work place with a large lunch room
Heavy Auto-body Repair Tech / Foreman (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 2, 2014
A typical day was operating a chief bench with the lazar Genesis 2000 high velocity measuring system, repairing heavy collision damaged vehicles, returning them back to factory specifications and meticulous in maintaining factory warranty. with the use of a variety of tools. Straightened- repaired- removed- replaced or aligned part, cut- weld-,grind- sand- prime. I am what you would call a stand alone guy, from start to finish. Managed and distributed work for ten employees. The hardest part was leaving my work to tend to other employee when they had a problem. The most enjoyable part of the day was lunch time when everybody assembled in the lunch room
Pros
Management sometimes provided lunch following day if we cross our cota for that day
Cons
There were strict company policy rules. You only get one chance
Transporter
Porter (Former Employee) –  Nostrand Avenue Brooklyn,New YorkOctober 10, 2013
My co-workers were mostly nice,I learned about the car business and what it takes to become a car saleman over the time i was there
Professional work place
Greeter/Receptionist & Assistant (Former Employee) –  BrooklynOctober 6, 2013
Learned to give better customer service, everyday was something different. Co-workers very friendly and fun will help out in anything you need.
Great Compensation
Internet Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 14, 2013
Plaza Auto Mall rewards its employees for excellent customer service performance. If you want to make or learn how to make a good living then Plaza would be the place to go.
Pros
Compensation
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plaza Auto Mall. Our community is ready to answer.

Plaza Auto Mall Reviews by Location