Plaza Home Mortgage Employee Reviews

Fun, productive
DE Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 8, 2017
The people and manager I had at Plaza were wonderful people. I loved this job; however it was just too far from my house, and at the time they were not set up to work remotely.
Pros
The People, good environment, generous managers
Cons
Just weren't set up remotely at the time, but may be now. Too far from my home to travel round trip
Own Your Own
Sr. Loan Closer II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 6, 2017
Training is horrible and management did not assist with getting proper training they have the employees in the department train you and they are worried about meeting there production numbers. No waiver given to them for helping with training. Sat at desk for over a week because person that was training me went on vacation and had no assistant nor did the supervisors come check to see if I need any assistance.
Pros
Laid back not micro manage
Cons
Systems are out dated
Great place to work!
Lock Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 11, 2017
Plaza was probably one of the best places I've had the pleasure to have worked for. The management is really nice, supportive and understanding. I had a great time there!
Amazing company
Closer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2017
I worked with Plaza Home Mortgage for 2 years. When I first started out with Plaza I had immediate opportunities to advance. They are awesome at taking care of their employees & an overall successful with employee relations.
Pros
Amazing co-workers, opportunities to advance, great pay & benefits
Cons
Healthcare is pricy
Loan Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92121June 29, 2017
A typical day at work had it's up's and downs depending on the work load.
Learned a lot about the Mortgage Industry
Hardest part of the job lack of communication.
Enjoyable part of the job were my co workers.
Pros
Flexiable hours
Cons
Over worked not compendated
Awful place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 23, 2017
Bad management. Treats sales as though they are of no value. Rates are awful. Horrible work environment with employees constantly back stabbing each other. Do not work here you will regret it.
Employee Knowledge/fun after work activities
Closer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 23, 2017
Loved the people. Ops manager was awesome. If need be you could work from home which is great, especially if you have kids. The ops manager was really a great person to work for.
Pros
Employee Knowledge
Cons
Let you go when market slows down
Doc Drawer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 10, 2017
I love working there. Great co-workers and supervisors. Very supportive. Great team rewards. Pays well. Job advancment oppertunities. Unfortinitly unstable. Hours change, overtime changes and job layoffs are happening every few months
Pros
great supervisors
Cons
unstable
very time sensitive and lack of freedom
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 4, 2017
chained to computer all day long. Daily time sensitive tasks. Graded based on a antiquated methods.
No freedom from the grind.
Pros
can work remotely
Cons
lack of help when needed
good working environment,
Purchase Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 3, 2017
Great people, enjoyed working, pay to low. Built relationships with outside vendors. Worked independently, no micro-managing.
Pros
worked with some great people who became my friends
Cons
salary
Work from home position with flexible hours
Documentation Classification Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 26, 2017
This position was extremely flexible and paid well for a part time position. I was able to work from home in between bus driving. I was a document classification specialist and learned a lot about working from home such as online meetings and how they work and online training for my position
Pros
Flexible, work from home
Cons
computer issues
Loan Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJanuary 17, 2017
I enjoyed my time spent at Plaza home Mortgage. Management and the staff is really friendly. The hardest part of my job was working with the slow systems, and the constant system errors.
Pros
Company lunches
Cons
Litter overtime
Good Company
Funding (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 29, 2016
Plaza Home Mortgage Inc, is a flexible company. Team spirit for the most part. Continuing to grow during difficult times.
Wholesale Lender
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MADecember 12, 2016
Plaza is a large and growing company, I worked there at a time when compliance changes were drastic and the training provided during these ever so important changes was sub par.
Working for Plaza
Client Service Representative II (Wholesale) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 6, 2016
Training was very minimum, also micromanaging. The manger had no previous managment experience also new with the company therefore there was no help
Love working for my sales rep and accounts
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 15, 2016
I enjoy working with my customers to ensure their customers get to move into their dream home.
My typical day consists of reviewing my locks, funding's and conditions. I work to close out as many loans as possible for my AE.
Pros
never a dull moment
Cons
manager has favorites
Branch growth but lost something along the way
N/A (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 14, 2016
In the beginning when the branch was small it was great despite all the OT being worked & normal ups and downs of the business. Learned a lot about the process from beginning to the end. Open to discuss process and give feedback from people that actually do the work.

After branch growth, moving to a new bldg. and change in management within the branch things started to change for the worse. Too much turnover, micro-managing style, no one on the same page and favoritism. Change in management at the top level changed the culture and morale within the branch... lost respect and made the environment uncomfortable.

Instead of team it was everyone for themselves type culture. Associates sorely under valued. Not open to ideas from associates who do the actual work on how to improve processes instead rely heavily on management who haven't done the work before - no voice.
Pros
Made some good friends & contacts
Cons
Did not promote from within, Favoritsm, Morale, Culture, Training, Compensation raises and the list goes on...
Broker Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 3, 2015
Employees always had Management Support and when something new was coming, Management ensured that everyone was trained.
Pros
Great Pay and great staff
Overall solid employer
Underwriting (Current Employee) –  USNovember 1, 2014
Growing company with increasing market share and production.
mortgaging
Document Classification Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 28, 2014
my work day consisted of • Monitor inbound documents and assist with indexing and classifying those documents
• Assist with training new associates
• Demonstrate a positive corporate behavior in a corporate environment
• Identify and correct misclassified documents
• Cross train among the business services team
• Track mis classified documents and assist in the correction of systems to prevent future misclassification of same document in the future

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plaza Home Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8