Plaza Home Mortgage Employee Reviews

Branch growth but lost something along the way
N/A (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 14, 2016
In the beginning when the branch was small it was great despite all the OT being worked & normal ups and downs of the business. Learned a lot about the process from beginning to the end. Open to discuss process and give feedback from people that actually do the work.

After branch growth, moving to a new bldg. and change in management within the branch things started to change for the worse. Too much turnover, micro-managing style, no one on the same page and favoritism. Change in management at the top level changed the culture and morale within the branch... lost respect and made the environment uncomfortable.

Instead of team it was everyone for themselves type culture. Associates sorely under valued. Not open to ideas from associates who do the actual work on how to improve processes instead rely heavily on management who haven't done the work before - no voice.
Pros
Made some good friends & contacts
Cons
Did not promote from within, Favoritsm, Morale, Culture, Training, Compensation raises and the list goes on...
Greatest work environment ever!
Assistant Funder (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 18, 2014
A typical day of work was working at a fast and productive pace while laughing and joking with co-workers. Working at Plaza Home Mortgage taught me important job skills and raised my self-confidence. All of management were great. They were very involved with the employees. My co-workers were amazing. They made everyday fun and enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with amazing people.
Pros
Benefits, Great pay, excellent work environment, supportive leaders.
Cons
Squeaky floor.
Main focus: Funding goal amount raises every month. Work hard to meet or exceed the goal...Perks Jeans, t-shirts, and flip flops everyday
Closing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 22, 2012
Typical day at work: Run closing schedule for Management and Closers. Respond to broker/attorney/title company requests for up coming closings. Complete Verbal Verifications of Employment for all loans scheduled for closing. Maintain the closing inbox and any closing correspondence. Review schedule with management through out the day.

Managers are not mirco managers which is great. As long as you are getting the job done that you are there for and working the hours, they are happy. Everyone manages there own desk but if you need assistance they are more than happy to help.

Customer is always first. This can be the toughest part of the job because not all requests are simple and require alot out the company to come together and make it happen and Plaza always comes through.

Most enjoyable part.. Your co-workers. Its a small comany and everyone is like family. I know some people say this about other companys but it truly is. Some more than others but majority family. AND you can wear flip flops, t-shirts, and jeans EVERYDAY!
Pros
other than the dress code you have your health benefits and other company related benefits..
Cons
no bonus' or raises.
Love working for my sales rep and accounts
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 15, 2016
I enjoy working with my customers to ensure their customers get to move into their dream home.
My typical day consists of reviewing my locks, funding's and conditions. I work to close out as many loans as possible for my AE.
Pros
never a dull moment
Cons
manager has favorites
Broker Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 3, 2015
Employees always had Management Support and when something new was coming, Management ensured that everyone was trained.
Pros
Great Pay and great staff
Cons
Good place to work if you have no self esteem
PURCHASE REVIEWER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2013
Left a position I enjoyed an came on as a temp. Six months later as other temps were being hired on full time, I was still a temp. They kept stringing me along telling me that they'd hire me if it were up to them. Meanwhile others are being hired (but I'm not supposed to know). Then the layoffs came. They were letting other temps go, some full timers go....so I couldn't complain. I was the last temp still there. Then got laid off.

The hardest part of this job is dealing with the nasty attitude of some of the employees who had been there longer and thought they knew everything. They talk down to you and refuse to help you when you have a question. My best day working there was the day I got laid off.
Pros
a steady paycheck
Cons
attitudes galore, finger pointing, playing the blame game, no one here seems to take ownership of their job, people pushing their work on you, and don't think management will come to your rescue should you go to them with your concerns
mortgaging
Document Classification Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 28, 2014
my work day consisted of • Monitor inbound documents and assist with indexing and classifying those documents
• Assist with training new associates
• Demonstrate a positive corporate behavior in a corporate environment
• Identify and correct misclassified documents
• Cross train among the business services team
• Track mis classified documents and assist in the correction of systems to prevent future misclassification of same document in the future
Productive friendly environment
Quality Control Auditor-III (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 5, 2014
Good place to work with good communication & team work. Can be stressful at times, and busy, but this is good. Overtime allowed, and makes up for regular pay, which is a bit low from other companies
Pros
Bonus - lunch's etc.
Cons
pay
Fun team work environment
Licensing Specialist/administrative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 4, 2013
Plaza was a great company to work for. working there fostered a sense of true camaraderie. Had a fun productive environment with excellent opportunities to utilize my skills and achieve job advancement..
Remote Underwriting Position
FHA DE Underwriter III (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 25, 2013
Very Active Work day reviewed, approved & CTC FHA Mortgage Loans.
Pros
Remote Position
Cons
Management expectations with minimal support, Managd from Branch Level very disorganized.
Great Company
Underwriting Co (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 2, 2013
Great experience. Helpful management and co-workers. Excellent working environment.
good company to work for
Document Drawer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 16, 2013
I was either drawing documents for customers or doing the change of circumstance for the GFE.
The hardest part of my job was second guessing what broker were wanting to do.
the most enjoyable was the people i worked with, they were very helpful and fun to be around.
i did not have a good experience with this company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 20, 2013
i live by the philosophy, if you do not have anything good to say don't say anything...
Pros
Cons
from top to bottom nothing was good
Great Work environment
Junior Underwriter (Former Employee) –  dallasJanuary 24, 2014
I really enjoyed working here. I got caught in the layoff, but I learned alot and would work there again.
Cons
healthcare
Overall solid employer
Underwriting (Current Employee) –  USNovember 1, 2014
Growing company with increasing market share and production.

2.6