Plaza Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Great Teamwork
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 17, 2016
On the renal transplant unit, there is a need for extra special communication. Not only with patients and families but medical staff as well.
These patients have waited to receive a new outlook on life by receiving a kidney.
The transplant surgeon, nephrologist and their staff are very passionate about their patients and that makes everyone just as passionate. You get to know the patients and their families personally.
Everyone on the unit works as a team.
The most enjoyable part of the job is making someone's day more enjoyable.
good job
Receptionist/Back Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAFebruary 8, 2016
very relaxed place to work. good experience. surgical setting. great people to work with, good hours and good pay great great
wonderful place to work. all co-workers and supervisors really nice
admitting clerk, file clerk , supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 19, 2015
Started at Plaza Medical when it was called Medical Plaza . wonderful place to work. I worked in different departments , then slowly worked my way up the ranks to Admitting Supervisor. I really enjoyed it, for 22 years until they brought this new person in who was the C.E.O . He was very stern, very rude, not a people person, and that's when I began to realize it was time for me to leave the place that I loved and had been there for so long. I really hated to go
Pros
no free lunches, but 30 minutes for lunch was fine, this was before I became supervisor
Cons
healthcare benefits were okay, kind of expensive
great team to work with
Phlebotomist Technician (Extern) (Former Employee) –  fort worth, txAugust 13, 2015
hours are great

management is always there to teach you new things

hardest part are the sick patients

the greatest part is to be a helping hand to the patients
Changing culture, still a good place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 5, 2012
My immediate management is fantastic! My co-workers are a mix of very competent seasoned professionals and "baby" nurse graduates who all work HARD. The hardest part of the job is working short handed on high acuity days, but for the most part, my Manager is very sensitive to this issue. Even though I am unit based, the most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility afforded to me as a PRN nurse due to the fact that I am willing to float to other units in the hospital.
Pros
magnet recognized hospital, small hospital with small town feel
Cons
corporate management mindset
Stressful Environment
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TexasFebruary 20, 2015
Work day is stressful, required to do more within an 8 hour period with no help and no overtime.

Advancement is next to impossible.
Cons
low pay. inconsiderate management.
Fun place to work, fast paced
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ft Worth, TexasJuly 29, 2013
Typical day: Patient assignment, assessment, administer medications as ordered, wound care, post surgery care, teaching, monitoring

what learned: Time management, critical thinking, thorough assessment, coordination of care, and team work

management: handling complaints, ensuring patients are assigned properly, census, admissions and discharges

co-workers: These are team members without whom the goals of caring for the patient will not be met

hardest part of job: Fast pace

most enjoyable: Employee appreciation day, appreciating what the nurses do for the community as well as their patients
Pros
learn a lot within a short time
Cons
none that i can think of
friendly helpful environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 8, 2015
I highly enjoyed working for this hospital. The employees were wonderful and always willing to help. My evening shift was very steady and peaceful and it left enough time to finish all tasks for the day.
Pros
helping people, slow steady evenings, my co-workers
Was difficult work but staff has great teamwork.
RN duties and Charge Nurse duties in M/S (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 3, 2013
Has typical work on a M/S floor but with a lot of team work and the best management yet in my career.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
understaffing
A very rewarding and enjoyable job
RN Staff Nurse, Relief Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 1, 2013
Very fast work pace. Had a wonderful working relationship with co-workers, physicians and management. The most enjoyable part of this job was my Patients. We developed relationships with many Patients because we had many repeat procedures. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep the patients comfortable and updated if a Physician was running behind. I learned a great deal from this job. I was able to become very proficient with starting IV's
Easy going place to work
CLIRMM (Current Employee) –  Ft Worth, TXMay 26, 2015
Plaza is a easy going place to work, I'm just looking for something more out of my job. I work for the coroporate company and things are ran differently.
Pros
Laid Back
Cons
Too laid back
it is a good pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  fortworth txMay 17, 2015
I like to work in pharmacy and I have a lot of skills. I can prepare a prescription, I have internet skill as well as computer skills
overall it was a very good job setting
Medical Record Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 24, 2012
It was always busy. keeping your cool. management it was alright. get along with co-worker the hardest part of the job was filing loose paper work the most enjoyablle part of the job is when we have party celebrate birthdays
Cons
having 2 breaks and lunch break for a hour
No advancement
Senior Clinic (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 8, 2013
My job is a new one that my company has created to start up a senior center. The doctor here is only seeing patients two half days a week. The rest of the time, we don't have anything else to do. We have to be in the office in order to get 40 hours to keep our benefits. Not a lot to do right now
good place to work
Staff nurse, med-surg unit (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 15, 2013
there's always something new to learn. the shifts are crazy but pt safety comes first. i really learned to manage time in order to provide the best care i can possible.good team work and the benefits are awesome.
Pros
great benefots
Cons
the work load needs to improve.....hire more nursing assistants
its a decent job
CCU RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 8, 2013
This hospital is more concerned with making money than taking care of their employees. This work place best suits a personality that can just stay to him/herself.
Pros
pay for school if contract signed, lots of over time available
Cons
short breaks, poor management, no bonuses, poor teamwork, under staff to save $
Very busy but productive work enviornment
RRT (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 22, 2013
My daily work consists of very busy workload with very critically ill patients. I am on my feet most of the twelve hours I am scheduled for. Working with patients on life support to assisting those patients that need breathing treatments. The other employees are very easy to work with as are the physicians. This hospital is a teaching hospital, therefore, the interns rely on the therapist to assist them with any questions. My manager is very good at working with our work schedule and understanding about our daily lives. We have a great department because we all work very well together and help each other if needed. Teamwork is a huge part of our department. The hardest part of my job is having to take a patient of life support. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help my patients feel better along with their family.
Pros
work with our daily schedules
Cons
not enough pay, high work loads
work load was good policies are not
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 26, 2015
would be a great place to work if policies were followed with scheduling, and if the cvor wasn't covering kidney call as well as cv call
excellent care given by the or staff
LVN; CST (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 17, 2014
It can be a difficult place to work but the learning experience can be good.
Cons
late or no lunch, salary needs to be updated, healthcare is high
Great staff and wonderful teamwork,
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 15, 2013
I love working at the plaza because i feel like i am making a difference. although i love my job, it will interfere with my clinicals. my nursing director is very understanding and is willing to make adjustments to my schedule if needed. What a wonderful work environment to have such dedicated employees. i am looking to further my knowledge of the firld i am going into. Long Term Care administration.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
prolonged standing

Plaza Medical Center Reviews by Location