Plaza Medical Center Employee Reviews

Severe staffing shortages
CDU/ED Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 4, 2017
Severely understaffed and lacking minimum staffing ratios for safe patient care. Poor staff satisfaction scores, and engagement. High-acuity care areas without adequate staffing, or leadership. High RN turnover and burnout.
Fast pace, positive work enviornment
REGISTRAR (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Many different challenges throughout the day which helped me gain knowledge daily of my job duties. Multitasking and a fast pace work environment also helped gain confidence in my roll in the office and helping fellow coworkers. Taking a lead in helping others and working as a team player. Great overall work experience that taught me many different important work ethics.
I learned so much while working at Plaza.
Charge Nurse/Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 7, 2016
I entered Plaza as a graduate nurse and went through their internship program. This program helped me transition from a nursing student to a real nurse. I had very knowledgeable people surrounding me. They answered my questions and were patient with me as I was still learning. It was a very positive learning environment.
Pros
great coworkers, plenty of resources
Cons
short staffed at times
Great Teamwork
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 17, 2016
On the renal transplant unit, there is a need for extra special communication. Not only with patients and families but medical staff as well.
These patients have waited to receive a new outlook on life by receiving a kidney.
The transplant surgeon, nephrologist and their staff are very passionate about their patients and that makes everyone just as passionate. You get to know the patients and their families personally.
Everyone on the unit works as a team.
The most enjoyable part of the job is making someone's day more enjoyable.
good job
Receptionist/Back Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAFebruary 8, 2016
very relaxed place to work. good experience. surgical setting. great people to work with, good hours and good pay great great
great team to work with
Phlebotomist Technician (Extern) (Former Employee) –  fort worth, txAugust 13, 2015
hours are great

management is always there to teach you new things

hardest part are the sick patients

the greatest part is to be a helping hand to the patients
friendly helpful environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 8, 2015
I highly enjoyed working for this hospital. The employees were wonderful and always willing to help. My evening shift was very steady and peaceful and it left enough time to finish all tasks for the day.
Pros
helping people, slow steady evenings, my co-workers
wonderful place to work. all co-workers and supervisors really nice
admitting clerk, file clerk , supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 19, 2015
Started at Plaza Medical when it was called Medical Plaza . wonderful place to work. I worked in different departments , then slowly worked my way up the ranks to Admitting Supervisor. I really enjoyed it, for 22 years until they brought this new person in who was the C.E.O . He was very stern, very rude, not a people person, and that's when I began to realize it was time for me to leave the place that I loved and had been there for so long. I really hated to go
Pros
no free lunches, but 30 minutes for lunch was fine, this was before I became supervisor
Cons
healthcare benefits were okay, kind of expensive
Easy going place to work
CLIRMM (Current Employee) –  Ft Worth, TXMay 26, 2015
Plaza is a easy going place to work, I'm just looking for something more out of my job. I work for the coroporate company and things are ran differently.
Pros
Laid Back
Cons
Too laid back
it is a good pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  fortworth txMay 17, 2015
I like to work in pharmacy and I have a lot of skills. I can prepare a prescription, I have internet skill as well as computer skills
work load was good policies are not
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 26, 2015
would be a great place to work if policies were followed with scheduling, and if the cvor wasn't covering kidney call as well as cv call
Stressful Environment
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TexasFebruary 20, 2015
Work day is stressful, required to do more within an 8 hour period with no help and no overtime.

Advancement is next to impossible.
Pros
Cons
Low pay. Inconsiderate Management.
excellent care given by the or staff
LVN; CST (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 17, 2014
It can be a difficult place to work but the learning experience can be good.
Cons
late or no lunch, salary needs to be updated, healthcare is high
Rewarding
Telemetry Tech (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 7, 2014
Rewarding. Demanding managers. Helping patients is the best reward
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 22, 2013
I have overall experienced a major change in the industry for Office Manager.
Fun work place
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 8, 2013
Good learning environment.
Fun place to work.
Nice people to work with.
its a decent job
CCU RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 8, 2013
This hospital is more concerned with making money than taking care of their employees. This work place best suits a personality that can just stay to him/herself.
Pros
pay for school if contract signed, lots of over time available
Cons
short breaks, poor management, no bonuses, poor teamwork, under staff to save $
Very busy but productive work enviornment
RRT (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 22, 2013
My daily work consists of very busy workload with very critically ill patients. I am on my feet most of the twelve hours I am scheduled for. Working with patients on life support to assisting those patients that need breathing treatments. The other employees are very easy to work with as are the physicians. This hospital is a teaching hospital, therefore, the interns rely on the therapist to assist them with any questions. My manager is very good at working with our work schedule and understanding about our daily lives. We have a great department because we all work very well together and help each other if needed. Teamwork is a huge part of our department. The hardest part of my job is having to take a patient of life support. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help my patients feel better along with their family.
Pros
work with our daily schedules
Cons
not enough pay, high work loads
hardest part of job was that "they had too many people" trying to run the OR
Surgical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 30, 2013
I did enjoy my job there, great co workers, making a decision was hard to do, I did work there a long time, but in the end decision was that money won out. I had to work two jobs when I worked there
A very rewarding and enjoyable job
RN Staff Nurse, Relief Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 1, 2013
Very fast work pace. Had a wonderful working relationship with co-workers, physicians and management. The most enjoyable part of this job was my Patients. We developed relationships with many Patients because we had many repeat procedures. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep the patients comfortable and updated if a Physician was running behind. I learned a great deal from this job. I was able to become very proficient with starting IV's

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plaza Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Plaza Medical Center Reviews by Location