Pleasant View Retirement Community

Pleasant View Retirement Community Employee Reviews

Bad PC Administrator
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manheim, PAAugust 15, 2017
I ran into a Registered Nurse recently who came to Pleasant View through Hospice. She asked me "Did they fix that place yet...I always thought it should be called un pleasant view". As a former employee I can say that they deffinately have not fixed it! Administration, especially in Personal Care is horrible. They are disrespectful to staff and treat them unfairly. There is a reason they are offering sign on bonuses! I think the word is getting around that the culture of pleasant view is not good and certainly is NOT a Christian environment. The founders of PV would not be pleased. Unfortunately it's the residents and their families that are suffering.
Pros
Wonderful residents. Good benefits.
Cons
Bad administration and HR department
Beautiful grounds and surrounding land, with a full gym and golf simulator
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manheim, PAMarch 21, 2017
Pleasant View is a lovely nursing home, their main focus is the community and what they can offer to the people who choose to live and work here. They are constantly looking to expand and improve.
Pros
Quiet location, small town
Cons
Set back from any major town or city
Decent pay, LOTS of work.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PAJanuary 8, 2017
I worked there for about a month. They pay was decent for the amount of work you did. The only thing I couldn't handle mainly was that they had me working all over the place, I had no idea where I was at half the time. They said during interview that there would be 2 housekeepers to a floor which give you the idea ok they'll give you a floor to keep. No, I was somewhere new everyday. Some of the employees I worked with said they were a floater for 4 months. I just didn't like that. I had to leave.
Pros
Nice long paid lunch with 2 15 minute breaks
Cons
Big buildings. Floaters.
Loved the residents
Med Tech/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Manheim, PADecember 22, 2016
Really loved caring for the residents and their familys. Learned so much there. I would wprk double shifts because we were always short staffed, but the residents always made worth while.
Pros
Awesome residents and familys
Cons
Short staffed always
Wonderful place to work
CNA/CMA (Current Employee) –  Inman, KSAugust 3, 2016
Very nice place, so many great workers and wonderful residents. So many lovely residents. Working at pleasant view has been great.
I loved interacting with the residents.
nurses aide (Former Employee) –  Manheim, PADecember 6, 2015
I worked there 30 yrs ago....just out of high school. I loved interacting with the residents, until I lost one....that broke my heart....I've never worked for a facility like it again.
Pros
the people
Cons
losing people
Beautiful facility where care is provided as it should be
Staff Development/RN/ADON (Current Employee) –  Manheim, PA 17545February 16, 2015
Pleasant View is a beautiful continuing care retirement community located in Lancaster county that closely follows it's stated mission, vision, and values.
Kitchen work is not my favorite
Food Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Manheim PADecember 29, 2014
A typical day consisted of setting tables, doing dishes and serving the residents their food. It was hard to stay on top of the waitressing duties when there were no dishwashers and we had do everything. The kitchen I worked in was also not very well staffed. There was never anyone to help cover shifts for you if you needed off work. This made working here very unpleasant. However they do compensate you pretty well.
people were very nice to work with
worked in food service as dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Manheim, PANovember 7, 2014
I worked full time from 9 to 4:30. The employer was very nice and worked with my limited abilities for many years. I became apparent the job became too difficult to do with Jackie's mental limits.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
developed back problems bending over the sink for 19 years
Great Work Environment
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Manheim, PASeptember 5, 2014
Pleasant View offers a great work environment and friendly atmosphere. Paid lunch breaks and on-site fitness center. Great PTO plan and 403b options.
Eager to educate
LPN (Current Employee) –  Manheim, PAAugust 31, 2014
The orientation lasted a long time to ensure acclimation to the procedures, understanding of the units and communication to things to grow on.
Pros
computer system
Cons
n/a
Don't go there
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manheim, PAFebruary 28, 2013
From the outside this is a beautiful facility. Although on the inside, there are so many errors made, along with being extremely short staffed. 1 nurse to 37 residents.
Pros
resturant on site, clean
Cons
not able to leave the facility on break, extremely short staffed
pleasantview
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Manheim, PAFebruary 25, 2013
Pleasntview I was a house keeper there i washed and cleaned resident room swept mop dusted gathered trash

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pleasant View Retirement Community. Our community is ready to answer.

Pleasant View Retirement Community Reviews by Location