Plexus Employee Reviews

good pay but bad management
Post wave operator, PCB circuit boards assembly (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILDecember 7, 2017
offer many opportunities to grow but unfortunately all depends of your supervisor to have the chance or not, I did enjoy doing solder/PCB boards good place to learn.
Pros
free nacks some times.
Cons
expensive health care
Great people, but lots of inefficiencies
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 5, 2017
Good broad range of engineering projects/challenges, and wonderful team of engineers and managers. Things can move slowly, and driven individuals that want to grow quickly and be compensated accordingly may get frustrated by the pace. Long-term prospects are good. Would recommend as a place for an engineer interested in doing interesting engineering work with good coworkers.
Pros
Focus on collaborative culture, schedule flexibility
Cons
Typical corporate "ladder climbing" mentality, process-heavy
Family work enviormant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYNovember 29, 2017
I loved working at Plexus, it was like a second family. I lovedd that we worked with a close group and enjoyed iving back to the comunity.
Plexus has closed in the Kentucky area which is why the rateings are low. I would have stayed and retired there if the company had stayed.
Temporary employment, but good place to work, if you are a permanent employee.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Bannockburn, ILNovember 26, 2017
Not too a bad place to work,but they don't like to hire great workers ,they Will keep you for a year or more and than, tell work is slow,or one of the decide they supervisor's will cut your hours down.
Pros
Great learning experience.
Cons
No security.
Fast paced customer service enviroment
Sr. Materials Handler. Customer service (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDNovember 20, 2017
Large kit pulls, manager had employees working a lot of extra steps and often had mandatory overtime. My last Supervisor was not very hands on and delegated much of his work to me. Worked with good people. Plexus is a great company, but very fast paced.
Pros
Busy work. Kept busy all day.
Cons
When in full production, mandatory overtime was expected.
Coworkers made the job great
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 16, 2017
a typical day in the life of a production associate at appleton's plexus isto clock in, attend the morning meeting, and head to your work station. there you will be working for 10 hours except for two breaks. the work is easy but mind-numbing. the only savior of your boredom will be your coworkers, pushing the boundaries of a family friendly work environment.
Pros
great work environment, vendor lunches
Cons
poor management, noncompetitive pay
clean factory work setting
Production Associate II (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIOctober 29, 2017
It was not a bad job just a lot of turn around. wasn't trained the best so thankfully had a couple coworkers that were very helpful and showed me the right way to do the job
Pros
coworkers
Cons
lots of lay offs
Light industrial
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIOctober 15, 2017
Soldering training courses were interesting to attend. I enjoyed the learning process of the training portion. However did not appreciate when mandatory over time was being call for.
Pros
great team work
Cons
lack of team rally
Many useful skills are aquired
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDOctober 11, 2017
It literally takes years to learn what you need to know on a daily basis. I really do enjoy the work that I do. The materials I work with, the customer products and all of the abilities I was trained on. It's the people, the job politics, the up and down market, etc that can make it a drag. Recentlly we have started paying a lot more to temps coming in the door, but no increases for people who have been there working for years. Some have 10+ years in their positions and are now making what the new temps make walking in the door. It makes you feel unappreciated.
Pros
Paid training, on site lunch trucks, 4% 401k match, paid holidays
Cons
Stressful, the forecast for orders from customers isn't always predictable, constantly changing list of daily requirements
Great place to work lots of work to be done, job security, and a high paced work environment
Chief Operations Officer (COO) (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 30, 2017
I would have to say that working at plexus is like a Chinese sweatshop you work really hard and make a piece rate depending on how many products you make in a specified amount of time.
Pros
good pay if you work hard, paid for what you do
Cons
hot warehouse, constant standing
Worst place I have ever worked!!!!
Production Associate I (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 27, 2017
Management in Appleton only cares about themselves. Employees on floor doing the production are treated as nothing. Human Resources has been non existent in the 2 yrs I had been there. Went threw three representatives. Training program is a joke. Have trainers that aren't trained themselfs in certain areas then are training new employees and or existing employee. If you make a mistake you get blasted at teir board meetings in front of your whole team. Group leads are NEVER on the floor when you need them. In meetings is the excuse Management is the PROBLEM in this company. Lots of people in positions they shouldn't be in. Appleton is all that, too.
Pros
1/2 lunch and 10 min break
Cons
Sucky management team
Management is the biggest problem.
Associate; Associate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WISeptember 17, 2017
When your head manager admits that the company is cheap. Yet they want you to work harder for what they give you. If the proper tools and teachings are lacking. You are still expected to get the job done at 100% production and quality. High stress and lack of humanity.
Pros
Insurance and you really have to mess up to get fired. They hire almost anyone.
Cons
Stress lack of humanity
Fast paced manufacturing environment
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDSeptember 16, 2017
Excellent place to work. People are very passionate about what they do. Fast paced manufacturing environment where there are new challenges everyday to work through.
I liked the work i did there.
Label Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIAugust 29, 2017
The business downsized and I lost my position. I did enjoy working there. The people there are very nice. I made a lot of friends which made going to work everyday easier. Management was very easy to work for.
qqqqqqqqqqqqq
Staff Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COAugust 10, 2017
Expected to work a least 44 hours a week. Lots of travels, both domestic and international. Management attempted to support engineers, but the effort lacked the stress of the job.
plexus
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Anna, ILJuly 31, 2017
Plexus is your own business. You work for yourself and make a life for you and your family. Being consistent with the work environment is important. I enjoyed learning more about the products i was sharing with others and helping others get healthy.
Pros
work from home.
Cons
need people who will be consistent about their products.
Awesome
Silver Ambassador (Current Employee) –  White Hall, ARJuly 30, 2017
Have to be a people person and be self motivated. If not it's not for you. If you treat this job as a hobby you will get paid as if it's a hobby but work it like a business and I mean really work it you will get paid well.
Pros
Spending time with family
Cons
Pay varies
fun workplace
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIJuly 15, 2017
Great team environment, everyone works together and creates like a family type vibe. lots of room for advancement, if you have the right schooling. overall great place for a 40 hr week job.
Great People and Room for Advancement
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJuly 10, 2017
Plexus offers a variety of training and classes to enhance skill sets across different functional groups. If you put the work in, there is plenty of room for advancement and mobility. A lot of great people here - will ask "how are you?" and "how was your weekend?" before diving into business. Plexus offers a lot of pretty cools things like Popcorn Thursdays and onsite local food vendors over meal times accommodating all shifts. Overall a good place to work!
Good People/Great Products
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJuly 10, 2017
Work hard, play hard mentality. Lots of opportunity for internal growth/development. Majority of exempt professionals are intelligent and strategic minded. Floor associates who build/assemble the printed circuit boards are very knowledgeable at what they do and are willing to train and teach others. Overall, good place to work, culture is getting better in addition to work/life balance. Company has employee perks such as onsite massage therapists, onsite yoga, food trucks, free popcorn/soda days, etc. Lots of customer and product variety in Defense/Security/Aerospace, Healthcare, Industrial and Commercial products, in addition to prototyping and aftermarket services. All in all, good place to work; the people make the company.
Pros
Meaningful work, great people, work/life balance, culture, employee benefits/compensation
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plexus. Our community is ready to answer.