Plexus Employee Reviews

PLEXUS as a company
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIFebruary 3, 2017
The company itself is not a bad place to work. The stuff you do is not hard. The wage is pretty good for the simple amount of work you do. Management in the production room is very biased and loves to single you out. They do NOT know the basic rule of managing people, which is praise you in public and criticize you in private. I do not speak for all departments but for my specific department this was what was going on. The Job is great and easy, but the people and management makes the job a little too hard to get up and go to. The company is diverse. Overall it's a pretty great company.
Pros
Free sodas on Wednesdays! Paid lunch breaks!
Cons
Production leads and supervisors only do stuff that will benefit themselves and not the company
Too much work but excellent environment
Production Associate - Trainer SR (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIMay 21, 2016
If you enjoy sitting down for 8 hours, this is the perfect job. It's really easy work, just a lot of training. The employees are great to work with. The facility is absolutely clean and the EH&S team always makes sure it is comfortable enough for the employees. Management varies because there are some who are awesome and always willing to get things done, and there are those who you don't hear from. The work/life balance, there's a lot of overtime but management seems to really work on reducing it. Overall, it's a great place to work at.
Pros
Plexus gets catered at least once a month, clean facility, great benefits
Cons
Short breaks, Too big of a building
Great Work-life balance, little else
Middle management (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIMarch 7, 2016
I worked at Headquarters- which offered a flexible work life and I felt balanced. However, Plexus is still trying to determine if it is a mom-and-pop shop (run by good ole boys) or a competitor in the EMS market. Management is deaf to things like diversity and the advancement of women in the workplace (no Women's Council for example). Most of the executives are engineers and have a narrow view on the business. There is definitely a need for more operational people in the higher ranks. Advancement opportunities are abundant

Salary is average (perhaps OK for Wisconsin) but they need to be competitive to attract and retain good employees.
Pros
flexible schedule, new headquarter building is nice
Cons
lack of advancement opportunities and diversity
Positive culture
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 8, 2016
I was fortunate to work for a company like Plexus because the work day was not stressful for me. I've met a lot of good people, learn how to use different tracking software. Hardest part of the job for me ,was not being able to work more over-time. Management was easy going.
Pros
good working enviroment
Cons
hourly wage and benefits
Not a good place to work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIFebruary 18, 2017
I did not like working there. They did not really care about their employees even though they said they did. They had way to much overtime, Breaks were to short.
Pros
Nice People to work with
Cons
Breaks to short, Hours to long, way to much overtime, Management never keeps their promises.
Plexus Culture.
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIApril 16, 2016
The Neenah site struggles with the "Plexus Culture"
There is an animosity between shifts, starting from 1st shift expecting everything to be perfect. 2nd shift has an indifferent attitude. 3rd shift feels they always have to clean everything up and fears 1st coming in.
The training doesn't exist. They lack consistent training. When training is introduced across all 3 shifts management fails to drive it. So all 3 shifts continue to do things differently.
Management plays favoritism, rather than focus on production and drive communication.
Within shifts coworkers work hand in hand.
Hardest part is communication
Most enjoyable were the people I worked with and those underneath me(3rd Shift)
Pros
Caters to every complaint
Cons
Management treats the Neenah site like a popularity contest.
Low Pay/ Lots of OT
Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIMay 31, 2016
Went many years without a raise. Worked a lot of mandatory weekends and holidays. Difficult to take vacation and no cross-training to cover work when gone. Poor management and low morale.
Ambitious and fun group of professionals
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COOctober 20, 2016
A typical day at Plexus could be spent in any of the typical phases of a project; quote/spec/design/test/Support. You could be quoting the next project, writing specifications, doing product design (electrical, mechanical or software), testing on the bench, or helping support manufacturing with a product recently released. Engineers there are energetic and positive. Plexus tries to make the environment fun with monthly activities that involve some silly games and refreshments. Company picnics and holiday parties are always a big hit. The hardest part of the job is the occasional crunch time when deadlines need to be met and extra hours need to be put in. The most enjoyable part, beyond the social interactions, is the variety of work.
Pros
Fun and smart people, fun activities, upscale workplace
Cons
occasional crunch-time to meet critical deadlines, slim support staff
low pay
Production associate in electronic assembly (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIFebruary 21, 2017
big lack of decent leadership
management says one thing and their actions counter what they say
I would not recommend Plexus as a place to work.
Fun place to work
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDNovember 14, 2016
It was always a fun place to be, coming to work wasn't a problem at all because I enjoyed it. I learned a lot about the production that they come out with in their company which was interesting and fun to learn about. The people I worked with made it an awesome place to work at and the pay was also good so that was a bonus. The hardest part of the job was just working through the night. But I mostly enjoyed what the work consisted of and the people I worked around made the work atmosphere great.
Pros
Good pay and fun place to work
Cons
Temporary position
Healthy Company Culture
Customer Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 2, 2016
The people at Plexus are wonderful. The most common complaints from our annual employee survey are 1.) advancement opportunities and 2.) salary. If you're happy with the salary and position you're in, you'll stay forever.
Pros
people
Cons
advancement
Good communication skills with co-workers
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WISeptember 16, 2016
Everyday is the same routine, but different work order that we as a group need to complete. The most important in working as a group is communication skills that need between co-workers. Their is a lot to know because we are working on parts that deals with aerospace equipment which are use on like airplane to smaller devices like cell phone. My job is to use the data entry that I have to make sure I have the right parts for the right work order that is place for our group to complete. I learned to have better communication skills with my co-workers and my group lead. The hardest part of the job is since I work 1st shift and I was going to school at the time. The most enjoyable part of the job is I got along with all my co-workers in my group. It was friendly and I always had a good laugh.
Poor Management
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIOctober 28, 2016
Management wasn't willing to cooperate with employee concerns nor did they seem to care about individual employee satisfaction. I felt very under appreciated for my hard work.
Many good workers.
Production Associate, Level II (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIOctober 20, 2016
This was one of my favorite jobs. Unfortunately, due to some lack of workmanship in some areas, some customers had complaints. Those areas whose workers were appreciated and utilized to their best abilities shone through as some of the key sectors. Some high-stress environments (as in the work itself, moreso than the atmosphere) but a lot of the people's pleasant demeanors made up for this more often than not.
Pros
Lots of voluntary Over-Time opportunities, some mandatory.
Cons
Fluxing of workers and products to various areas, not entirely with advanced notice.
A typical day at Plexus Corp.
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJanuary 23, 2017
A typical day at work includes a lot of communication and working together with each other to to get the work done. We know what the employer expects from us and we do our best to deliver the best products that we can and look for ways to improve the process.
Pros
32 hours of sick time and having an hour of lunch each month
Cons
The wage is low
Wave operator (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDJanuary 9, 2017
Plexus was a good place to work, and fit with my schedule very well. But, I am ready for a change. Like every company it had its ups and it had its downs, but it had more ups then downs.
Pros
It had good pay
Cons
They got over staffed and had to lay all of the graveyard shift workers off.
Good place to work out
Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 3, 2017
typical day is EOL or end of line. Testing machines all day. I learned to use different tools and to adapt to a fast paced environment. Talking and communicating with new people was the most enjoyable part of the job. Hardest part was dealing with defects in the machines slowing you down.
Friendly place to work with good learning opportunities.
QA Assembly and Final QA (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 17, 2016
Plexus is a place where a person will have good opportunities to utilize and improve their work skills. The working hours were very agreeable, and the coworkers and management staff were friendly and easy to work with.
Pros
Friendly work environment.
Cons
I can't think of any.
Positives: Facility and Co-Workers
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJuly 1, 2016
Once of the best things I can say is about the new, clean facility that you would get to work in. Also my co-workers are really great,and you really can tell that people want to do a good job and that they care about each other.
I wish I had more things to say, but I still work there.
Pros
Excellent facility to work in.
Cons
Management doesn't listen.
penty of overtime ,fair and resonable people as a whole to work with.
Service pcb rework and repair (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILJuly 12, 2016
I love my work, however I believe the facility I work at will be shutting down soon. There has been a lot of people in high positions leaving the company recently.
Pros
state of the art equipment
Cons
management personel are leaving.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plexus. Our community is ready to answer.