Do you want to be part of something really exciting and different? Pley is building the next generation of play. We put the power of educational toys in people’s hands through a unique rental platform. We launched a Netflix-like rental service for LEGO sets as our initial product and turned profitable after six months. We are backed by leading venture capital firms and are growing rapidly.
At Pley, spontaneity is non-negotiable! While hard work is appreciated, Pleying harder is appreciated even more. Testing toys and trips to LEGOLAND are as important to us as delivering a world-class service to thrilled customers. Please visit www.pley.com to learn more about our exciting company!
We are looking for a motivated and multifaceted designer who enjoys working in a collaborative environment to create incredible user experiences that delight our customers. You will use your full range of interaction design and visual design skills to design new Pley features, refining existing interfaces and working with a cross-functional team on a variety of products to take Pley to the next level.
· Apply strategic thinking to design and deliver innovative end-to-end user experiences that optimize among user needs, business goals, and technological realities across web & mobile platforms
· Plan/ define product requirements and the creative brief with product management and the design lead
· Create mockups and low fidelity prototypes of early concepts. Refine and increase the fidelity of functional prototypes as the design process progresses
· Work with engineering to understand architecture and development issues and make appropriate design tradeoffs
· Deliver detailed user experience & visual design specifications, mockups, prototypes to product teams
· Generate production-quality, high-definition assets
· Identify, prototype and conduct usability testing of key aspects of a design resulting in refinements to user experience/design direction
· Juggle multiple projects across different cross-functional teams; be accountable for project planning and tracking
· BS/BA in Design or related degree
· 5+ years’ experience designing application user interfaces
· Solid understanding of user centered / interaction design principles & practices
· Passion and experience with applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams including engineering and product management. Effectively sharing your point of view and expertise with team members
· Solid understanding of how design impacts user conversions & other metrics
· Ability to develop highly iterative and low fidelity prototypes in the early stages of design
· Strong visual design capabilities, including composition, layout, information hierarchy, typography, color and motion
· Logical, analytical detail-oriented thinking
· Organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage multiple and complex projects in a timely manner
· Must have a pixel-perfect portfolio that demonstrates strong design & problem solving skills and represents a range of design styles for small to large enterprises and across various platforms.
It's exciting time for everyone at Pley as we are growing very quickly and developing a world class organization. Our team includes top notch executives (including the former COO of Netflix and head of eCommerce of ToysRUs)
Pley is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.