PLS Financial Services

PLS Financial Services Employer Reviews

productive and fun work enviornment
Customer Rervice Representative (Former Employee), Madison, WISeptember 22, 2014
• Know, understand, and follow companies cash security policies and procedures
• Maintain a balanced cash drawer at all times and promptly report any discrepancies To proper management
• -Solicit customers and potential customers to use our products and services
• Promote company special customer referral and other incentive programs
• Complete all – more... transactions in compliance with federal state and local laws and regulations
• Service customer accounts making sure all documentation is complete, accurate and filed away properly
• Help maintain a neat, clean store environment
• • Help maintain a safe and secure environment at all times – less
New Management needed for Charlotte/ Gastonia
Manager (Former Employee), CharlotteJuly 3, 2014
Charlotte PLS Director of Operation is horrible! The company would benefit more if a new DO was in place. I hope that the company would do some research in this matter before it is too late. Overall the company would be great to work for with the right staff in place.
Work at PLS
Customer Service Representative/ Asst Store Mgr (Former Employee), Chelsea, MAJune 13, 2014
During my time at PLS, the company was being transitioned from Boston Check Cashers to PLS. The job required ridiculous work hours and not a lot of consideration for it's employers. There wasn't any security for supervisors closing the store at midnight where there is a high volume of activity. From working at the company, I learned to make the best – more... of my situation and wear a smile while doing so. I did not have the support of corporate, HR or my bosses when it was time to go on maternity leave. I got electrocuted during my time at PLS and I did not get the support from my superiors to handle the matter or to fix the live wire to prevent another incident from happening. As for my co-workers, they were lovely people. We had a strong support team within the store. I enjoyed the people I worked with and the customers we serviced. I loved interacting with customers and helping them with the best of my ability. – less
Fun Place to work
Bookkeeping / Clerical Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 13, 2014
Pros: birthday cake almost every day
Cons: when some one was let go
I would start my day with running a balance report every morning
I would check all my messages
go to our meeting
I learn so much how to Judicate reports balance out at the end of the month
Management was awesome
the hardest part of the job would be finding a diference in our balance tape when you have over fifthy stores to balance
The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was our co-worker's we had a close group of people still keep in contact with. – less
great company to grow in
Collections Supervisor (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILMay 14, 2014
great company to grow in
learned several different skills during my time there
engaged managers
the hardest part of the job, upper management was not 100% involved
hitting a monthl goal
The company is very stable and has a great background.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 13, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: short breaks, low compensation
The company has a good amount of great people to work around. From day to day, we do store maintenance along with new customer calls and soliciting calls. We collect from past delinquent accounts. We also take payments for currect customers and issue new loans daily.
Hard worker and Organized
Garnishment Clerk (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILMay 13, 2014
My long-term experience in the service industry has taught me how to meet and exceed each customer's expectations with service that sells. I have assisted all types of customers in all types of settings. I realize that acquiring and maintaining loyal repeat business as well as spreading the word of your business through these loyal patrons is of the – more... utmost importance in every company. Positioning a company for better exposure and greater marketability is a task that I have performed with success many times.

I am an excellent trainer who achieves ongoing success with her teams by building morale, maintaining teams' self-confidence and training them to build the sale by improving their people skills. – less
Good job for a single person.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYApril 28, 2014
Pros: single person would love this .
Cons: benefits too expensive. cannot leave the location for lunch or breaks.
No quality of life 10 hour work days, benefits are to expensive, can not leave the location for lunch or breaks.
Exciting and fast growing company
Store Manager (Current Employee), Gary, INApril 15, 2014
Pros: promotions
Cons: standing long periods of time
As an employee with the company you would never have a dull day. I have learned that multi-tasking is a must, but providing superior customer is what make my job important. I have developed a well shaped team, that is dedicated and passionate in their job. The hardest part of my job is clocking out. I really enjoy what I do.
A Job or a Bad Joke?
Support Center Employee (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: i get a paycheck....sometimes
Cons: poor benefits, horrible work environment.... pretty much everything
Most employees have stopped caring and are more concerned with leaving the company than they are about doing a good job. Then again, considering the pay is so low, why would anyone care anyway?

Upper management has a complete disdain for their employees. Their arrogance shows in the fact that they are too busy drinking in Nashville on the company's – more... dime than they are getting to know what is actually going on with the company. This could also be a reason for the high turnover.

I am still trying to figure out what the IT department is there for. Computer systems fail on a regular basis. Good luck checking your e-mails as the server probably crashed again.

Payroll might be the most incompetent department. If you work here, don't expect your paycheck to ever be accurate. On the bright side, you can easily convince the department that you have more vacation days than you actually do, which means it is possible to have as much vacation time as your friends who work for real companies get.

What is the purpose of HR again? They do absolutely nothing for the company. If you bring up an issue to them, they tell the offender everything, making the situation only worse. That's not a good way to retain your employees.

Essentially, the only good reason to work here is for a paycheck. If you're desperate, take the job, but keep looking. Do not stay too long because other employers will look at PLS as a big red flag on your resume. I know. I have been turned down for three different jobs simply for the fact that I work here. – less
Fast Paced.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIJanuary 25, 2014
I learned how to match other people's learning styles to better train them. A typical day was filled with assisting customers, making current and past due phone calls, marketing, and cleaning.
This place is all filled with issues and poor mang.
rep (Former Employee), txJanuary 21, 2014
Cons: mang.pay.hours.your personal life .no help. rude people
Worked here for a while and know many people who have no choice but to stay working because they have kids and a family . If you work in any stores where there are young mang be prepared to work none stop but never hit OT ! mangs never like working and get salary think they know it all !! You work bad random hours and pay is garbage rude cust NO matter – more... what location you are at. – less
Enjoyed our teamplayers...Dedicated employees
Supervisor (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: environment
Cons: hours
Fun and exciting...Friendly!!!! Chalenging. Many rewards on the hour. Learned alot of management skills!!!!!!!!!!!!
very fast work environment.
Cashier (Former Employee), randolph and halstedJanuary 9, 2014
i enjoyed working up close and personal with customers. i like solving customers problems and working as a team.
Growing company
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (Current Employee), New York NYJanuary 7, 2014
PLS is a great company to work for. They have a mayor focus on growth and team development. Leader in superior customer service within the check cashing industry.
PLS review
Application Specialist (Former Employee), Brookfield, WIOctober 6, 2013
Pros: postivie co-workers. learning on a daily basis
Cons: very long communte to work.
The management was excellent working at PLS. The management really have taught me to be a professional at the same time helped me learn about information technology. The co-workers were very motivated, energetic, and positive individuals and I really did enjoy coming to work everyday because of that work environment. The hardest part of the job was – more... the long hour commute to get to work. – less
horrible work place
csr (Former Employee), carrollton txSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Worst place to work. No oppurtunity for growth low pay for excessive work!
Very Young Company
Business Analyst - IT/Applications (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2013
Culture is stilling being defined and a lot of turn over.
There are good people here and leadership are us

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxo
Fast paced environment
Senior Financial Analyst/Accountant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2013
Fast paced enivronment since the company is at a rapid growth stage
very supportive
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 10, 2013
Pros: the ability to make decision and having upper management back you 100%
Cons: unable to leave the store once you get in
A typical day started off by verifying with the bank if its ok to deposit the customers checks. Then making the necessary phone calls to the various customers reminding them that their loans are due and at what time will they be available to come in. A projection is done as to what is need to done,how many more loan do we need to do to meet the goal – more... for the week.
I have learned to project bad debt, weekly sales goal and how to estimate what the revenue will be like for the end of the year.
My staff was well discipline and was willing to go the extra mile to ensure that the work is done.
The hardest part was denying a customer because they did not qualify for a loan.
Meeting new people, talking to them and providing excellent customer service. – less

1 2 3