PLS Financial Services Employee Reviews in United States

learned alot about money from this company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2016
-Follow the company’s cash security policies and procedures and maintain a balanced cash drawer at all times.
-Solicit customers and potential customers to use our products and services.
-Cash checks, print money orders, provide vehicle stickers, pay bills send money via western union.
Extremely unprofessional
Level 2 Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 15, 2016
I did not enjoy working this company whatsoever as it was an extremely unprofessional environment in which employees & management set the rules as they saw fit.
energetic productive and positive work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calumet Park, ILJuly 13, 2016
morning check in safe count count down drawers and make sure everything balance check over night work receive incoming shipment and shipping
Service providing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2016
Good place to work not a career wise if you are not into the financial institution. It can get very stressful because of the hours and being open so late. Management was very friendly and would work overall with our schedule.
interactive environmnt
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2016
A typical day at PLS was eventful, we will usually come in and do past due calls. towards mid day that's when we usually get emails and calls regarding the loan process or other customer concerns.
Pros
promotes growth and development
Great staff and client base
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 6, 2016
Although I worked for this company for a while, I consider it a challenging work environment. No structure that provides proper communication from upper management. High expectations for low pay and no incentives for entry level positions. However mangers receive quarterly bonuses and the responsibilities of running and driving the business. I enjoyed the staff and the diverse customer base. I've learned and improved my customer service and management skills with this company.
Pros
great staff and customers, quarterly bonuses, benefits, paid vacation
Cons
short breaks, high turnover, poor communication from upper management, low pay.
intersetng and busy place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 6, 2016
working at PLS you get to know all of your customers, cashing checks, bill payment, western union, money orders, processing loans, verifying customers information, filing files, cleaning and marketing
High Turnaround
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 5, 2016
Very difficult to keep associates around due to the unreasonable stress corporate places on the Customer Service Representatives. Corporate management is nice enough in person and has great ideas regarding the business, but lack the execution or control necessary to have it executed company-wide.
Pros
Decent benefits, free lunch on the first Friday of the month
Cons
Long hours, poor pay for the amount of work, difficult to fix pay discrepancies, poor managing
it was steady pace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2016
my coworkers were niceto work with
management was great and communicative
I learned how to handle money
customer service
the hardest part of the job was western union
productive fun enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2016
team members are great, management needs work. lots of cleaning . hardest part about job was trying to go with your gut on a check but still not being sure. it gave me lots of experience with handling large amounts of money.
Cons
no lunch "break"
Busy environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILJune 25, 2016
The crew was nice and we all worked well together to satisfy our customers. I learned about money laundering laws through the many online teachings and test I had to complete. Management was down to earth and interacted with the employees.
Its a very easy job but very stressful.
CSR (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 20, 2016
They want you to do a lot of work for very little pay. The job is very stressful. People always quit so its hard to be fully staffed.
Pros
every 3rd of the month every employee gets free lunch.
Cons
Company is open 24hrs everyday of the year. Its hard to get holidays off and hours are horrible.
Productive relaxed work enviornment
Customer Service Representative / MOD (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 12, 2016
A typical day at work includes interacting with customers creating profiles cashing checks issuing money orders and processing western unions. At the end of the work day i recieve all checks drawers and deposits and count the safe. also send a closing store report to the district manager by email. My co workers are very easy to work with and its a very relaxed enviornment the hardest part of the job is of course dealing with irate customers but the most enjoyable part is the actual job itself.
Cons
no breaks somedays especially on friday
Extensive customer care
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 31, 2016
High in detailing and being precise alot of concentrating on the task and precedure of all transaction. Very enjoyable day love working with the public
fun workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 30, 2016
work fast environment. fast, friendly and accurate. not very good schedule. every day is a challenge and a great experience. we are like family. incredible team-work. we learn and support each others..
Pros
great environment
Cons
different and irregular shifts
Review Summary
CSR Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 30, 2016
A typical day at work would go as someone would switch schedules with someone else and the manager approved it but the manager doesn't inform her staff. Someone asks for a day off but it is not given to them and that person has to switch with someone else and then the manager gets upset. The district manager complains about things that sometime doesn't make sense. Co-workers.Everyone gets along with each other except for the store manager. hardest part would be asking for more hours. The manager most times doesn't give even 35 hours to all of her FULL-TIME employees.
Pros
Free lunch on every 3rd of the month
Cons
healthcare, paid holidays
Hours are good
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WI 53713May 24, 2016
The work is really physical but I like the fact its Monday-Friday and the hours are pretty convenient. And around xmas the customers would tip really good!
Pros
hours
Cons
no lunch break
PLS favorite job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILMay 17, 2016
PLS is easy job, the pay was not bad at the time. The benefits are not that good. Work life balance was great the latest you could work was 9 pm, compared to my other jobs that great. Management was quite shady. Some of the management would stage robberies and such. The job culture was ok, can get boring though.
Pros
Handling Large Sums of Cash
Benefits
Great Environment to Work (Professional)
Teller / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 12, 2016
You work there as a team. If you have any question or concern there's always the supervisor or the manager to help you. The place is always clean and well organized. The customers in that area are also nice. They make sure that you are the right person to work there.
Pros
Every first Friday of the month is free lunch
good envirnoiment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 11, 2016
Pls was a very good job, I learn a lot about loans and money situation, my manager was great helping me and my co-workers was too

2.9