Plug Power Inc Employee Reviews

New Technology and poorly organized
Hydrogen Fuel Cell Technician (Former Employee) –  Plainview, TXDecember 30, 2016
The compensation is very good but it will come at a price of your family, and personal life. No days off at all and working up too 13 to 15 hrs in one day with very little down time. The regional MGR is a great guy but spread very thin so its very difficult too get things done in a timely manner. Management is very poor, yelling and screaming at employees and antagonizing internal issues that do not exist, ego of management, personal issues and favoritism. Poorly prepped for issues, and no real schematics or designs for the units, and there only safety policies on the Hydrogen pad is a Hard hat, safety glasses and lab coat, and then you can turn a wrench on anything on the pad. Would not recommend this company too any of my friends or family, just for the simple fact I would want them too come home from work everyday and not worrying if management has told them too do something they have no reason in doing.
Pros
Free Lunchs, Travel paid for, wages
Cons
No schecdule, Management, Safety policies, No care for personal life
Demanding job.
Hydrogen fuel cell technician (Current Employee) –  Harrisonville, MODecember 11, 2016
I like the challenges of troubleshooting, there is something different every day. There is a lot of freedom in the company as well from putting in your time to managing your day. You can be as busy as you want to be.
The job is very hard on family life. It is very demanding, on call 24 hrs a day. When your day ends you are still required to answer emails and phone calls. Hard to separate family from work, you can get easily burnt out.

The company is growing too fast and spread way too thin. There are way too many part shortages so keeping good customer service is very difficult.
Pros
Freedom to run your site as you see fit.
Cons
Part shortages and hard on family life.
ok great place
Lead Hydrogen Fuel Cell Technician 57K (Current Employee) –  Sterling, ILJanuary 5, 2017
you never know what is going to happen. you could be the best employee that carries all the slackers that you work with but still get fired. see it all the time
Manufactured Hydrogen Power units for forktrucks
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Lathem, NYNovember 2, 2016
Assembled Power units (batteries ) for fork trucks to replace lead acid battery packs currently used to power the fork trucks. Also assembled power units to power ground support equipment at FedEx terminal in Memphis Tennessee.
Pros
Very high learning Curve
Cons
Difficult to work with design team
Exciting, rewarding workplace
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYOctober 29, 2015
Personal development and company growth are valued here. Every tool is at your personal disposal to advance within the company. No matter your level of skill in the beginning you are treated with understanding and hands on learning that will help you take a personal interest in the success of the business. This company believes that their employees happiness is important therefore they reward for quality. Management is knowledgeable and involved in every day processes. Learning new trades and skills was highly enjoyable. I never experienced a dull moment as there was always something new I could learn from an experienced colleague or new work center. I loved being personally in charge of bringing a machine to life. From the casting to the wiring I would watch as I transformed nuts and bolts into something amazing. I loved testing the machines and watching them do their job knowing we've built something someone will be using for years to come. Knowing that this company from the president to the technicians like me really care about the quality of their machines made this an amazing company to work for.
Pros
Compensation, colleagues, management, hours, interesting work
Cons
Advancement opportunities
Nice and Quality production
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAJanuary 19, 2017
I like plug power cause i learned another stuff from them and now i have experiences soldering i prove my self to work assembly i can move forwards.thanks
Pros
Nope i provide lunch
Cons
15 minute break
Great experience
Hydrogen Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYJune 13, 2016
Good work environment. Learned valuable skills. Working nights was my least favorite thing about this job. Working on "Green Technology" is my favorite thing about this job
Pros
Woking on "green tech"
Cons
Working nights
Nice place to grow
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYFebruary 5, 2013
A normal day would include, opening the mail, coding and entering the invoices into the system, Preparing for the weekly check run, contacting vendors about issues. I learned the working on how a manufacturing company operates and how accounts principles are used to facilitate that process. through out the years the management has changed. My co workers are the best. very knowledgeable and supportive. The hardest part was keeping with the work load once the work force was reduce. The most enjoyable was the interaction with vendors, co workers.
Pros
supportive staff, great co workers
Cons
lack of revenue which cause force reductions
bad place to work
temp job (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYMay 14, 2014
plug power offers little in pay per hour....no benefits at all, no vacation, no personal time, and management has no clue of what they are doing or how to manage time and people.
no time for family, lots of pressure
field service (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 3, 2012
No management support, new equipment doesn't work right out of the box. They blame service techs for their failures to produce reliable parts. You have very little time away from job and always on call. They try to just get by and give you nothing to work with.
Cons
no time away from job and blame for their mistakes
educational and environmentally friendly company with continual career growth
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYJanuary 5, 2015
enjoyed the well rounded interaction from upper management to the manufacturing floor. team cohesions and mutual respect for engineering and R&D groups.
Pros
innovation
Cons
deadlines
Working with a great group of people on second shift.
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYFebruary 1, 2013
I enjoyed working with the team on second shift, my boss was the type of person that believed in treating his employees like people. As long as we did the job that was asked and was completed on time we were left to do that job. We all respected him. We worked as a team. We were more like family.
I learned a lot working a plug...from assembling to building wire harnesses. Reading schematics, always curious on how things worked, asked a lot of questions. The hardest part of the job was trusting in myself in being able to do the job as much as my co-workers did. A typical day at work was wondering what I would be doing....I would start on one job and be needed to work on another for field work for the Engineering crew. This gave me confidence, knowing they trusted me to do the job right.
Pros
working with a great team of co-workers
Cons
?
Very motivating experience working at Plug Power
Fuel Cell Engineering,Hydrogen and gas expert (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 8, 2014
Every day I learn something new in this field of technology
my overall learning experience is to focus on accomplishments
I work with a team of excellency, it is always a team effort and communication
the hardest part is never hard because we control our environment and every aspect of its surroundings
it is a since of relief accomplishing a project/job no other company can compete with.
Pros
we are to remain 98% effienient in productivity
Cons
we remain 98%!!
ok
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYJuly 2, 2014
work is repetitive and can get slow but is fun at first. good management will work with you
Great learning experience
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 10, 2015
I found this job to be a great learning experience on how to handle certain things in the work place. The training was very minuscule had to learn a lot on the job which isn't a problem I pick up on things very fast. Had a great time learning about hydrogen and the different aspects of it and how it could be used to power machinery.
friendly work enviroment
harness assembler (Former Employee) –  colonie nyApril 13, 2015
Great people to work with however there was a certain bias due to supervisor and other employees. If you enjoy building things and seeing a final product you would enjoy this job.
Pros
lunches and meetings to keep up to date on company
Cons
healthcare and temp to hire period
Too regimental
Temporary Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYAugust 16, 2012
Employees to them can easily be replaced. They rarely hire full time employees and the pay stinks and their is no growth opportunities. If you have family working there you will get a full time job.
Pros
you can drink all the coffee you want and it is free
Cons
they say do not worrie about mistakes, but they will hold it against you
Hardware and Software
IT Networking Intern (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYFebruary 26, 2014
Finding a problem with a computer and fixing it is a quite knowledgeable, keeps my brain sharp. Staff has so many questions about their devices and to share what I know is quite satisfaction.
liked
User Support assistant (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYFebruary 23, 2013
the pay sucked. had good over time. nice people to work with when i was working there. i don't know about now.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
pay
Ok
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Little to no training. Pay is low for the amount of work and responsibility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plug Power Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5