Plug Power Inc

Plug Power Inc Employee Reviews

friendly work enviroment
harness assembler (Former Employee) –  colonie nyApril 13, 2015
Great people to work with however there was a certain bias due to supervisor and other employees. If you enjoy building things and seeing a final product you would enjoy this job.
Pros
lunches and meetings to keep up to date on company
Cons
healthcare and temp to hire period
Great learning experience
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 10, 2015
I found this job to be a great learning experience on how to handle certain things in the work place. The training was very minuscule had to learn a lot on the job which isn't a problem I pick up on things very fast. Had a great time learning about hydrogen and the different aspects of it and how it could be used to power machinery.
OK
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Little to no training. Pay is low for the amount of work and responsibility.
educational and environmentally friendly company with continual career growth
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYJanuary 5, 2015
enjoyed the well rounded interaction from upper management to the manufacturing floor. team cohesions and mutual respect for engineering and R&D groups.
Pros
innovation
Cons
deadlines
ok
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYJuly 2, 2014
work is repetitive and can get slow but is fun at first. good management will work with you
bad place to work
temp job (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYMay 14, 2014
plug power offers little in pay per hour....no benefits at all, no vacation, no personal time, and management has no clue of what they are doing or how to manage time and people.
Very motivating experience working at Plug Power
Fuel Cell Engineering,Hydrogen and gas expert (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 8, 2014
Every day I learn something new in this field of technology
my overall learning experience is to focus on accomplishments
I work with a team of excellency, it is always a team effort and communication
the hardest part is never hard because we control our environment and every aspect of its surroundings
it is a since of relief accomplishing a project/job no other company can compete with.
Pros
we are to remain 98% effienient in productivity
Cons
we remain 98%!!
Hardware and Software
IT Networking Intern (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYFebruary 26, 2014
Finding a problem with a computer and fixing it is a quite knowledgeable, keeps my brain sharp. Staff has so many questions about their devices and to share what I know is quite satisfaction.
Great experience but with growing pains
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCJuly 27, 2013
I learned a great deal working here, but with any great idea comes great learning obstacles.
liked
User Support assistant (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYFebruary 23, 2013
the pay sucked. had good over time. nice people to work with when i was working there. i don't know about now.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
pay
Nice place to grow
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYFebruary 5, 2013
A normal day would include, opening the mail, coding and entering the invoices into the system, Preparing for the weekly check run, contacting vendors about issues. I learned the working on how a manufacturing company operates and how accounts principles are used to facilitate that process. through out the years the management has changed. My co workers are the best. very knowledgeable and supportive. The hardest part was keeping with the work load once the work force was reduce. The most enjoyable was the interaction with vendors, co workers.
Pros
supportive staff, great co workers
Cons
lack of revenue which cause force reductions
Working with a great group of people on second shift.
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYFebruary 1, 2013
I enjoyed working with the team on second shift, my boss was the type of person that believed in treating his employees like people. As long as we did the job that was asked and was completed on time we were left to do that job. We all respected him. We worked as a team. We were more like family.
I learned a lot working a plug...from assembling to building wire harnesses. Reading schematics, always curious on how things worked, asked a lot of questions. The hardest part of the job was trusting in myself in being able to do the job as much as my co-workers did. A typical day at work was wondering what I would be doing....I would start on one job and be needed to work on another for field work for the Engineering crew. This gave me confidence, knowing they trusted me to do the job right.
Pros
working with a great team of co-workers
Cons
?
no time for family, lots of pressure
field service (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 3, 2012
No management support, new equipment doesn't work right out of the box. They blame service techs for their failures to produce reliable parts. You have very little time away from job and always on call. They try to just get by and give you nothing to work with.
Cons
no time away from job and blame for their mistakes
Too regimental
Temporary Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYAugust 16, 2012
Employees to them can easily be replaced. They rarely hire full time employees and the pay stinks and their is no growth opportunities. If you have family working there you will get a full time job.
Pros
you can drink all the coffee you want and it is free
Cons
they say do not worrie about mistakes, but they will hold it against you