Plug Power

Plug Power Employee Reviews

Great learning experience
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), New JerseyMarch 10, 2015
I found this job to be a great learning experience on how to handle certain things in the work place. The training was very minuscule had to learn a lot on the job which isn't a problem I pick up on things very fast. Had a great time learning about hydrogen and the different aspects of it and how it could be used to power machinery.
Very motivating experience working at Plug Power
Fuel Cell Engineering,Hydrogen and gas expert (Current Employee), Albany, NYMarch 8, 2014
Pros: we are to remain 98% effienient in productivity
Cons: we remain 98%!!
Every day I learn something new in this field of technology
my overall learning experience is to focus on accomplishments
I work with a team of excellency, it is always a team effort and communication
the hardest part is never hard because we control our environment and every aspect of its surroundings
it is a since of relief accomplishing a project/job no other company can compete with.
Hardware and Software
IT Networking Intern (Current Employee), Latham, NYFebruary 26, 2014
Finding a problem with a computer and fixing it is a quite knowledgeable, keeps my brain sharp. Staff has so many questions about their devices and to share what I know is quite satisfaction.
liked
User Support assistant (contractor) (Former Employee), Latham, NYFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: pay
the pay sucked. had good over time. nice people to work with when i was working there. i don't know about now.
Nice place to grow
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee), Latham, NYFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: supportive staff, great co workers
Cons: lack of revenue which cause force reductions
A normal day would include, opening the mail, coding and entering the invoices into the system, Preparing for the weekly check run, contacting vendors about issues. I learned the working on how a manufacturing company operates and how accounts principles are used to facilitate that process. through out the years the management has changed. My co workers are the best. very knowledgeable and supportive. The hardest part was keeping with the work load once the work force was reduce. The most enjoyable was the interaction with vendors, co workers.
no time for family, lots of pressure
field service (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCNovember 3, 2012
Cons: no time away from job and blame for their mistakes
No management support, new equipment doesn't work right out of the box. They blame service techs for their failures to produce reliable parts. You have very little time away from job and always on call. They try to just get by and give you nothing to work with.
Too regimental
Temporary Production Technician (Former Employee), Latham, NYAugust 16, 2012
Pros: you can drink all the coffee you want and it is free
Cons: they say do not worrie about mistakes, but they will hold it against you
Employees to them can easily be replaced. They rarely hire full time employees and the pay stinks and their is no growth opportunities. If you have family working there you will get a full time job.