Progressive and fast-paced Energy Services Company is looking for a highly motivated Energy Services salesperson to join our team and work in one of the fastest growing segments in today's economy. Are you looking for a recession-proof career that has a huge upside and long-term staying power? If so, look no further.
Over the last 24 months, the Energy Sector has exploded as energy prices continue to soar and more businesses (commercial, industrial, schools, hospitals, retail, etc.) have come to realize the importance of investing in projects that will reduce their energy consumption and become more energy efficient.
This is your chance to work for Plug Smart, a finalist for the 2013 Inc 500 Fastest Growing Companies in America! This is a special opportunity that will provide the Energy Services Salesperson with great work experience, a challenging environment, and the potential to establish themselves in an industry that has consistently outperformed S&P 500 financial benchmarks for ten years running!
This shift in behavior has created a lot of opportunity for our business and we are currently looking to add to our Ohio-based Energy Services team. Here is a snapshot of our recent success:
- Plug Smart recently helped a large University identify over $20M worth of energy conservation measures, providing a minimum of $3.5M worth of annual savings each year.
- Plug Smart recently helped a large school district reduce their energy costs $225,000 per year by retrofitting their schools with energy efficient lighting, HVAC, building automation, and control systems.
- Plug Smart recently helped a large distribution center reduce their energy consumption 34% while at the same time significantly improving the lighting levels and conditions across the 800,000 square foot facility.
Here is how you can help.
To help fuel our company's growth, we need someone that can systematically canvass the "Energy Services" landscape for us and help us identify new business opportunities in 4 important areas:
- Energy Projects - Help our clients identify and implement cost effective Energy Efficiency projects.
- Project Incentives – Help our clients recoup investments on past, current, and future Energy Efficiency projects.
- On-Site Generation - Help our clients design, own, and operate on-site generation systems.
- Energy Efficiency Consulting - Help our clients solve complex energy efficiency problems.
Please note that this position is a “consultative” sales position. The successful candidate will be required to develop their own list of highly qualified leads, meet face to face with energy management decision makers, and of course, help the company close Energy Service deals.
The successful candidate will be expected to make 8-10 new face-to-face meetings or calls per week and close a minimum of four energy services agreements each month.
- Responsible for helping drive Energy Services sales to a variety of different companies including commercial & industrial businesses, schools, hospitals, and other large energy users.
- Effectively communicate the Plug Smart Energy Services value proposition to all stakeholder groups found within Sales Specialist's account base.
- Quickly recognize, qualify, and screen leads based on technical, financial, operational, and sales criteria.
- Develop a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, networking, email marketing, social media, and internal lead database.
- Log and track all leads, contacts, Energy Services Agreements, and other important data and documents using an in-house customer relationship management system.
- Provide timely and accurate weekly reports highlighting number of calls, appointments, and other important sales metrics.
- Strong ability to communicate Plug Smart value proposition clearly and professionally via phone, email, and face-to-face meetings with key decision makers.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, and prioritize new business development opportunities in order to maximize sales productivity.
- Digitally savvy with strong proficiency in MS Office programs and using the internet as a research and sales tool.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, and prioritize market opportunities in order to optimize daily sales productivity.
- Mature, aggressive, driven, and a “get it done attitude” with the ability to work with a sense of urgency and with minimal supervision in a very high paced environment.
- Embraces challenges and sees a lack of structure and process in a new company as an opportunity to grow professionally and make a big difference in the company.
- Passionate about routinely exceeding goals and will accept personal accountability for achieving desirable sales results.
- High degree of creditability, expertise, and confidence when communicating with customers.
- The perfect candidate is one that is looking for a once in a lifetime opportunity to work with a growing team and beat sales goals.
- Minimum of four year college degree preferably in an area that will help the candidate accelerate the learning curve for this position (engineering, architecture, environmental sciences, etc.)
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) is preferred, but not required.
- Experience working in the areas of Energy Supply, Energy Efficiency, and Renewables is a bonus.
- Minimum of 4 years "consultative" selling experience is required.
Indeed - 14 months ago
Juice Technologies LLC doing business as Plug Smart is an energy services and technology company that helps commercial, industrial,...