Progressive and fast-paced Energy Services Company is looking for a highly motivated, self-starter typ Project Manager to join our team and work in one of the fastest growing segments in today's economy. Are you looking for a recession-proof career that has a huge upside and long-term staying power? If so, look no further.
The Energy Sector represents steady, recession proof work for years to come as businesses (commercial, industrial, schools, hospitals, retail, etc.) and government clients continue to look for ways to save energy and reduce operational costs.
This shift in behavior has created a special opportunity for our business and we are currently looking to add a Project Manager to assist with the implementation of several large, complex, and mission-critical energy services projects.
As a Plug Smart Project Manager, you will be working directly with Plug Smart Partners, Energy Engineers, and Client Executives on projects that will further develop your leadership, project management, communication, management, business/energy engineering skills. As such, "A-player" performance in this role will serve as a launching pad for other ground floor opportunities such as stock options, equity, profit sharing, and other wealth building events.
Several important Project Management responsibilities for this position include:
- Manage the engineering and construction workflow process starting with the project origination phase, including estimating, negotiation, contracting, buyout, construction administration, financial management and closeout;
- Meet with Owners and internal/external Design Professionals to implement project requirements, manage client satisfaction, and take immediate action to respond to problems, challenges and concerns;
- Regularly visit project work sites in all areas of Ohio or neighboring states, clarify and define scopes of work, prepare cost estimates/proposals /budgets, and evaluate cost-benefits for value engineering/alternate designs;
- Establish, monitor, communicate, update and maintain project schedules utilizing industry standard scheduling methods;
- Explore, develop and implement strategies to self-perform and/or outsource the project to achieve the projects objectives of price, schedule and quality; including writing scopes of work (SOW), writing Requests for Quotes (RFQ’s) and managing competitive bid processes between vendors and subcontractors.
- Negotiate and administer contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders to assure that all project goals, including budgets, milestones and engineering intent, are being addressed and delivered;
- Conduct/document project progress meetings and proactively identify and prioritize potential issues or problem, then facilitate solutions among engineering, operations and client team members:
- Manage project costs to ensure budgets are maintained by knowing and documenting progress against estimate, routinely documenting and calculating estimated cost to complete and project profitability.
- Document and manage changes in the work to ensure the interests of all stakeholders in the project are reasonably met and in alignment with project goals;
- Ensure that all aspects of the project are compliant with all contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project and the community in which the project(s) takes place;
- Oversee Commissioning and startup of new and retrofitted systems, properly scheduling, coordinating and documenting key milestones and accomplishments.
- Document substantial completion; manage the project closeout process to ensure timely completion;
- Plan for and manage project cash flow, including formatting and routinely billing/invoicing as well as leading the effort to collect open receivables.
The minimum Qualifications for this position include:
- B.S. degree in engineering, construction management or equivalent experience in a similar role;
- Minimum 5 years’ project management experience with a commercial/ industrial Electrical, Controls or Mechanical Contractor engaged in MEP related or similar work.
- A strong understanding of mechanical, controls, electrical and construction means and methods associated with the renovation of commercial and institutional buildings and/or similar facilities.
- Demonstrate experience in estimating and managing self-performed and/or subcontracted work including a working knowledge of mechanical, controls, electrical and general construction type work;
- Preferred professional credentials include either Engineer in Training (EIT), or Associate Constructor (AC) in good standing;
- High level of proficiency with spreadsheets, Email and other software used in the construction industry in addition to a minimum of 3 years of experience in government contracting preferred.
- Ability to pursue safety credentials (OSHA 30 1), CPM, or CQC certification issued by USACE / NAVFAC 1 on the candidates own time;
- Core competencies/skills in the areas of construction, communication, attention to detail, critical thinking, getting results, and problem solving.
This is your chance to work for Plug Smart, a finalist for the 2013 Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies in America! This is a special opportunity that will provide the Project Manager with great work experience, a challenging environment, and the potential to establish themselves in an industry that has consistently outperformed S&P 500 financial benchmarks for ten years running!
If you would like to apply for this position please email us: (i) copy of your most resume; (ii) a 1 page cover letter highlighting why you are the best person for the job; and (iii) a completed Plug Smart Project Manager Application.
Indeed - 10 months ago
Sr. Project Manager
Bob Evans Inc.
New Albany, OH
Bob Evans Inc.
- 1 day ago
- 1 day ago
Aver Informatics, Inc.
Aver Informatics, Inc.
- 4 days ago
Juice Technologies LLC doing business as Plug Smart is an energy services and technology company that helps commercial, industrial,...