Plum Market

Plum Market Employer Reviews

Good overall working conditions
Meat Cutter (Current Employee), Bloomfield, MIJune 29, 2014
Pros: learning about meat and seafood, breaks
Cons: pay, advancement
Overall a good place to work. All the people are friendly. However, I can see some favoritism from Management, unequal standards for employees. Not all vacation time is respected. Some customers are really picky, but its Bloomfield and an upscale market so that's expected.
Overall good company
Cashier/Bakery (Former Employee), ann arbor, michiganMay 20, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: some management issues, health, vision, and dental benefits
As a new company I believe that they are great to work for but i do feel that the owners and some of the management need work in there skills and they need to offer better benefits. I love my coworkers but do feel that there is to much gossiping going on around the work place. I did get the oppertunity to work for a great team lead that tought me how – more... to take inventory, help me with time management, and other small skill improvment. – less
Great Management, Fun work environment
Prepard Foods Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 25, 2014
Pros: great opportunity for individual growth
Plum Is a great place to work. The upper management are all great people. The employees and managers create a great working environment where people love to shop and employees love to come to work.
Nose on the grindstone
Chef (Former Employee), West Bloomfield Township, MIMarch 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: pay inconsistent work
Good Concept but the chef is to busy anymore with other projects. Potential to learn alot of things
Fast paced, hard working
Leader (Current Employee), Bloomfield Hills, MISeptember 27, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule, half of lunches, vacation time, health care
Cons: short breaks
I learned a lot working here about business while I was studying marketing. I grew to learn a lot about customer service and about the proper way to run a business. I have been working here since the business began so I got to see what a company goes through as it grows. The hardest part of the job was learning how to deal with customer complaints as – more... the company was going though its many changes, but I was able to learn to deal with those complaints by developing a rapport with many of the frequent customers and learning how to settle their unpleasant feelings towards our products or services. That is also the most enjoyable part of my job. – less
great ppl working
Cashier (Former Employee), Bloomfield, MIMay 28, 2013
I loved to people I worked with and the guest where great but bad owner ship. Never any where to move up. Poor management. Turn over rate is really bad. The owner is all about making money.
great coworkers
Buyer (Former Employee), West Bloomfield Township, MIJanuary 24, 2013
Fast growing company. About to open a store in Chicago. More to follow.
Fun place to work
Receiving Manager (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: great place to work cool people, great discounts
Great people and Management is really down to earth, I love the local and natural products that we carry here at Plum Market for all walks of life.
Terrible place to work
Buyer (Former Employee), West BloomfieldDecember 26, 2012
Pros: they sell good food
Cons: disrespectful management
The people that run this company have no respect for their employees at all. Definitely the worst people I have ever worked for in my life.
Interesting...
Team Member (Current Employee), Bloomfield, MIDecember 6, 2012
Pros: close co-workers with strong work ethic, interesting products, good place to learn about high-end groceries
Cons: owners, upper management, growth in company, wages, working conditions
This job has been good to me, but not with out a fight.

Store owners and upper management are challenging to say the least. They usually ask quite a bit from the workers with out knowing fully what is involved in everyone's daily tasks.

Staff is constantly changing due to firing and quitting. A lot of departments don't have leadership because of this. – more... The average life-span of an employee is less than a year. This also makes for hard working conditions. Most departments are under staffed and over-worked.

Very strange atmosphere to be in most days. – less
dishonest policies
Apothecary Buyer (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIOctober 25, 2012
Pros: great co workers
Cons: micro managing
A place where you have to watch your back!
If managment gets a grudge against you, you are let go without a moments notice.
Had to always appear busy even if there was nothing to do.
Daily Duties
Sous Chef of Catering (Current Employee), West Bloomfield Township, MIAugust 16, 2012
I arrive five to ten minutes early and check catering boards to see if there were any overnight pop-up orders. If so, I will coordinate with staff by updating production sheets and gathering more info from catering coordinator or the executive chef. I will then start my daily lunch service for 125 people. Once that is completed and sent out, i will – more... prep for the next day and any other catering that may be on order.
I really enjoy having friends at work. Its nice to be able to go and tell a joke or talk about what's going on in the sports world. The hardest thing about having "friends" at work is having to manage and discipline them when they are late for a shift or goofing off, not doing their job.
In the long run, the positive feedback, happy guest and compliments about my food the the best part of the job. Making people happy is what every cook should do. – less
productive
Deli and Cheese Clerk (Former Employee), Bloomfield township, MIJuly 19, 2012
Pros: good working evironment, great employees
Cons: breaks when needed
Excellent work environment, great employees, great managers.
Best Grocery store to work at !
Prepared foods-Team Member (Current Employee), Bloomfield Township, MIJune 9, 2012
Pros: rewarded for hard work !
Cons: n/a
Very fast paced energetic place to work. Helpful team members and leaders. Clean, safe environment. Kind, pleasant customers. I learned to pay attention to detail as well as outstanding customer service ! I enjoyed that I always had a task to complete also with the time to complete the task. Sad to leave after shift was over ! Great place to work !
Amazing, unique gormet grocery store
Prepared Foods Associate (Former Employee), Ann ArborJanuary 12, 2012
Pros: management is excellence embodied, fun enviroment
Cons: heavy customer service, growing buisness
A great place to work at and grow as an employee. Provid a window into the world of food which may have been missed by some. Their products and service are top notch which is why they generously compensate their employees.