At PlumChoice, our team is revolutionizing the technology services industry. We are delivering more efficient, responsive and innovative technology solutions for our clients' business to succeed. We value innovation, initiative and a collaborative style, and are looking for highly talented people who want to join an exciting high-growth company and be part of building the future.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Network Services Manager has global responsibility for all of PlumChoice’s network services. S/he ensures the stability, security, and productivity for all components of the corporate network and voice infrastructure by providing senior-level technical and management expertise while interacting directly with all IT functional areas, as well as other areas within the company.
The successful candidate must provide strong leadership and direction as well as excel at multi-tasking. The candidate will possess the ability to ramp up quickly in a dynamic, high tech environment as well as demonstrate a flexible combination of strong hands-on management, communications and in-depth technical skills.
- Management, maintenance and operation of all LAN, WLAN and WAN technologies in a converged environment.
- Management, maintenance and operation of remote access environment.
- Management, maintenance and operation of all network security services, including firewall, VPN, IDS/IPS, log monitoring, reporting and auditing.
- Management of cable plant; including cabling, cable management, rack-mounting, power configuration and management.
- Monitor network performance, analyze utilization trends and take necessary actions to mitigate network bottlenecks and potential outages.
- Lead evaluation of network hardware/software solutions and provide technical direction for the team.
- Evaluate, recommend and support policies and procedures for LAN, WLAN, WAN, routers, switches, firewall, VPN, and hardware systems.
- Management of documentation for all network services and procurement.
- Oversee PCI testing and compliance for all network services.
- Manage and participate in network services 24x7x365 on-call rotation.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Deep mastery and troubleshooting skills with a wide range of Cisco hardware and software; including switches, routers, firewalls, VPNs, IOS and IDS/IPS technologies.
- 10-plus years’ hands on experience in various network engineering roles including Team Lead/Architect and/or similar Senior Networking Engineer roles.
- 2-plus years in an Enterprise Networking Management role.
- Strong knowledge of networked applications interoperability and IT industry standards, e.g. MPLS, VLANs, etc.
- Experience with SIP based voice infrastructures a plus.
- Strong vendor management experience; specifically related to network service and support providers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and listening skill.
- Exemplary attention to detail and customer service skills.
- Sets an example in terms of quality, consistency and level of work, as well as work ethic and approach.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, with a positive attitude.
- Proven ability to prioritize both immediate and long term tasks.
- Experience in regulatory or PCI environment strongly preferred.
- BA / BS in business, computer science, engineering or related field preferred.
- Cisco certification (CCNA or CCNP) preferred.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
PLEASE GO TO OUR WEBSITE TO APPLY:
ADA DISCLAIMER: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Indeed - 21 months ago