PlumChoice Employee Reviews

No clear vision by leadership team
VP/GM IoT Business Development (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAAugust 11, 2017
Typical opposed points of view between sales and operations.
Operations unwilling to support sales efforts
Outbound efforts with prospects painted a picture of excellence and the team could not deliver on that promise.
Pros
Office location
Cons
Poor leadership, strategy shifts/pivots, poor service quality
High Stress. Low Pay.
Technical Support Representative III (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAAugust 10, 2017
Its retail work. Your customers can be anywhere from the nicest person in the world to the most incredibly rude and obnoxious entitled feeling human on earth.Unfortunately, the majority of the customer base is the latter. Flexible schedule means your work schedule changes everyday. Some of the employees like it. I am not one of them.
Pros
Opportunity to learn from a few great techs.
Cons
Eveything else.
Challenging
Client Services| Account Management (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJune 21, 2017
Many changes over the years have turned a fun company environment into a ghost ship. There is no investment in infrastructure that drives a lot frustration internally.
Pros
Food Discounts in the Cafe
Cons
Lack of direction and product focus.
PlumChoice - A Great Co-Op Job
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJune 17, 2017
I enjoyed working at PlumChoice. I learned a lot about computers, printers, working on an IT help desk and how to deal with customers on the phone. I worked every other week for my high school co-op.
Pros
Great experience, good pay
Cons
Co-op end
Productive day in the office
BILLING REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 15, 2017
Calling outbound calls, serving as a supervisor, handling irate customers, trying to save services, also serving as a supervisor to other peers, training other co-workers.
Pros
Unlimited over time.
Cons
Work place very stressful and unhealthy
fun
Balance Staffing Temp (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHMay 9, 2017
a work day includes
answer phones
redirecting calls
scheduled appointments
my mgr was good
sitting in 1 place for 8hr
working with the ppl very helpful
Pros
day shift
Cons
temp work
very busy enviroment
Computer software technician (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAApril 26, 2017
when going into work be prepared to jump right into the day. The days can be very busy. You need to have good multi tasking skills and need to have very good customer service skills as well.
Pros
good pay
Cons
very busy can be stressful at times
Not awful, but not long term
Senior Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAApril 6, 2017
Company has struggled through difficult business decisions. If we could get strong leadership, with a strong vision this could be a good company to work for.
Pros
Flexability in hours
Cons
no long term future
Plumchoice
PC/MAC repair Specialist (Former Employee) –  Home BasedMarch 16, 2017
Fixed computers virtually
Helped with pc or mac issues as they came up
removed virus or two
tune up on there system
also helped fix printers, and more as they came up
Place sucks
Technical Representative (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 1, 2017
Management sucks. Building sucks. Employees suck. Everything about this place sucks. I wasted 2 years slaving away for these people, and every moment I was treated as if I was a number in the system and not an actual person. They expect perfection, when they themselves are far from perfect.
Work from home Tech Support and Sales
Sales / Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 20, 2016
This was before I switched careers from tech support to web development.

The company is very authoritarian. The role was for out of warranty tech support. Which means dumb people who don't understand computers called in expecting free support. Instead of taking two minutes to explain that being out of warranty means they will have to pay for support. The warranty department cold transferred them to agents like me.

60% of the customers I spoke with were rude, hostile, and demanded free service. I was expected to sell them support and transfer the to the technicians.

I was also given the unrealistic expectation to make 30% sales based on the unpredictable number of calls we received per day.

I was told be shady and emotionally manipulate customers into signing up for a monthly service fee that they could not cancel without a huge cancellation charge.

The managers were awful hostile people that motivated employees through threats of being fired.
Pros
It was a paycheck
Cons
Everything else
Plum Choice
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAOctober 13, 2016
I worked from home and enjoyed the people I worked with so every day was enjoyable, but sometimes is was difficult being stuck in the house so much
Great people and comfortable atmosphere
Tech Support & Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAAugust 10, 2016
Every position is different in which you don't have to work from the office. My position allowed me to work from home or office. I usually worked from home so I rarely went into the office.
Work from home? Not worth it
Remote Technician (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAFebruary 23, 2016
working here was stressful and confusing. Management is shoving a new metric down your throat every month, not really focusing on customer experience as a whole. most shifts are highly understaffed. also I never received a raise in the 3 years I worked there.
Pros
Work From Home, Paid time off
Cons
Stressful work environment, bad management, laughable pay
Poorly managed.
HELPDESK REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Remote, ORFebruary 1, 2016
Co-workers varied in their knowledge and understanding. No clear objective on what we support and didn't support. Management didn't clearly understand what we were to support. Mixed opinions caused a lot of arguments about what was supported. IT never kept the internal software operating correctly. No room to move up or gain a raise. No benefits or PTO.
Pros
Work from home.
fun place
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 15, 2015
Provide customer technical support for Avast Support and HP smart friend services
Troubleshoot and variety of technical issue over phone and chat
Connect remotely to customer computer to scan and clean for viruses, and update drivers.
Developed strong multitasking abilities to respond to multiple customers at once
Pros
not that hard work
Cons
short break
amazing for entry level.
Remote Technician (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MaJuly 19, 2015
good for entry level tech support to get your feet wet in the field. They train you out of the gate and always have people available if you have questions and also encourage you to ask them
Typical sweatshop work for metrics environment.
Technical Support Representative Esc Technician (Current Employee) –  Remote work from home.May 17, 2015
While some of the co-workers at Plumchoice will remain lifelong friends, the work environment is lacking recently after policy changes that focus more on numbers and less on actually helping the customers. I would like to note this was not the case when i first started there but over the last year the company has really taken a turn for the worse. A typical day consists of taking calls and connecting into customers computers remotely and fixing whatever problems they have. You are expected to constantly be taking phone calls no matter if you are currently connected into 3 computers and cannot get anything done on the systems you are already connected into. I dont want to sound like i am bitter, i thrived and was hired permanently after 10 months as a temp, and maintained my stats in the top 10 across the board. However this company is losing business and the timing directly correlates to the shift in morals in the business as a whole. Therefore I am entertaining other job offers and searching for a company that I can make a difference at.

Nathaniel Porter
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Production numbers matter more then customer satisfaction.
Productive workplace.
HP Remote Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 3, 2015
I enjoyed the time working for Plumchoice, and the supervisors and co-workers had a good relationship with each other.
Good Company
Sales/ Customer Service/ Tech Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAFebruary 27, 2015
I very much enjoyed my 5+ years in call center operations at Plumchoice. Unfortunately, I was involved in a round of downsizing that is common in a cyclical field such as this. I bear no resentment though. Even leaving the company they took good care of me with an adequate severance package. The only complaint I could offer is that as a remote worker opportunity for advancement is very limited. If you live in or near Lowell, MA the opportunity is endless though.