PlusONE Communications Employee Reviews in United States

The worst place I've ever worked
Technical Support Liason (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 30, 2016
You are not guaranteed to be paid on time. You must raise your hand to use the bathroom, and IF they allow you to go, they will make you take 2 more calls first. You are constantly penalized for things that are out of your control. overall terrible place to work
Pros
decent pay
Cons
everything else
only heard from word of mouth
credit dispute specialist (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 27, 2016
seems to be easy to follow through on. I have learned communication is a big deal with this company. Looking to forward to working with people. plus one seems to be a high fast pace job which i enjoy being around.
Pros
self explanatory
Cons
none at this point
Pro's and Con's
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  ohioJanuary 15, 2016
Pro's - Pay is great most of the employees are nice.

Con's - Hours are ok, Pay is great as long as you make sure you follow all rules i.e. be there on time, go to breaks on time and come back. You are treated like a child if you need to go to the rest room, you have to ask and then you are forced to take a break and if the calls are slow you are forced to take an unpaid extra lunch. Your computer runs slow but you are expected to have a call time of no longer than 8 minutes. If you take an approved day off it effects your pay for two weeks you will fall down to your base pay. Your vacation time is based on hours you work, which if you are deviated many times during the week you hours are less. I believe if they feel they have to treat their employees like children then they need to remove those people whom are acting like children and fire them and not take it out on the rest of the employees.
PlusOne
Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 2, 2016
I wish they had more availability as far as hours are concerned. It made it quite difficult for the work/life balance and the pay could've been better.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, very stressful calls
Positive
N/A (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 12, 2016
Good company with great management that give plenty of opportunity for advancement. I would recommend PlusOne to anyone seeking a great opportunity.
Think twice
Agent (Current Employee) –  Akron ohioOctober 12, 2015
This company has a class starting every two weeks. The reason is your either fired or quit. It really is sales.poised as customer tech call center. The supervisors are very immature as one likes to play hide and seek. It's shocking they haven't been sued for all the s harassment and touching that goes on there. I would say if you like professional....then this is not the place.
Pros
Hours flex
Cons
Pay bonus no benefits
it is a call center
Data and Video tech (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 13, 2016
I did not like working there. I felt that is personally was not the place for me and I had to move on. I don't have much more to say.
High Volume Calls Daily
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  akron ohioAugust 6, 2015
Co-workers are excellents!!! Only good thing I would have to say.
You sit at your desk and take calls all day, if needed to go to restroom you would have to take your break early. Working 7 hrs only gives you one 15min break each day. If overtime is needed its mandatory, if you don't do it you'll will be written up. You get written up about every little thing..... LITERALLY! Management and higher staff will love you when your stats are good. have one bad day or a bad stat your on the bad list, like the worst employee every.
Cons
shorts breaks, unable to go to restroom when needed
Fun work place
TSR (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 2, 2015
We would troubleshoot internet, Telephone, and cable for customers over the phone. the training prior was very helpful and useful. the hardest part of the job is the environment some employees don't always see it as a work place. the most enjoyable part was to hear the customer on the phone happy and solving the problem for them.
ok place to work but very stressful
tech support (Former Employee) –  akronNovember 25, 2014
By far out of all the call centers I have worked for plusone takes the number 1 spot for worse call center. You get written up for every little thing you do. Breaks are scheduled 1 to 2 hours before your scheduled break actually is. Too many changes that aren't considered about how there employees would feel that's why turn over is high. You have to raise your hand for help and sme's and sups will just look at you and keep walking. Half of the sme's don't know what they are talking about. Can't go to the bathroom when u need to or u have to take your break early. This place is very strict and treat employees like kids.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
very strict

Want to know more about PlusONE Communications?

Ask a question
Great co workers and training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 9, 2013
Taking inbound coustomer calls can be very interersting. Having patience is the key at times to dealing with customers.A typical day is pretty much getting yelled at because someone did not pay their bill and now their service is off. Or a customer complaining about the rates being too high. Even when running into problems the management was also there and helpful. Just maintaining a good attitude is the hardest part of the job especially when you are new. I love helping the customer with their questions payment or problems.
Pros
learns great computer skills
Cons
the hours
Was a place full of nice people.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 15, 2014
It was an easy, repeatitive thing to do.
I learned to communicate efficiently.
Management was difficult.
Co-workers were cool.
The hardest part is not being allowed to use the bathroom.
Enjoyable part was the fun people.
Pros
full time positions available plus overtime.
Cons
constant changes in the way to perform.
alright place to work for good pay
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 3, 2014
answer calls giving clear instuctions on how to troubleshoot modems. try to upsale cable internet or phone services . typing notes for every phone call
Pros
good pay
Cons
back to back calls not allowed to escalate calls to a supervisor
Low Pay for the work
Customer Support High Speed Internet (Former Employee) –  1115 Main St Akron, OHOctober 16, 2012
I worked for this company for several months
in 2012. It's a very clean place to work.
The environment is very uplifting.
They employ about 250 people.

Most people there are very well educated,
college grads or part time students.
I liked the people there. Made some friends.
Most of the people who work there
are struggling to make a living. The
job is very hard for some because
the emotional strain of dealing with
angry customers.

This job will teach
you how to deal with angry people.

Their bonus commission structure
is very dull and they can't keep people for long.

Most people quit in the first three months.
I quit because the stress was unbearable and
I just could not take the abuse of customers
yelling at me on the phone.

They pay $10 an hour in 2012 after you
are there 90 days (most people quit).
Pros
free pizza on some days, nice people work there
Cons
high pressure phone work, angry, difficult customers
Great colleagues to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 20, 2014
Company has potential to be successful.
Daily obstacles inside and outside facility
Great co-workers
Hardest part of job is not having updated information to be more effective.
Pros
great incentives and bonuses
Cons
great deal of inconsistencies
Up and coming call center
Work Force Manager (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 12, 2013
I've been with this particular call center since 2010. In the time I've been there the size of the staff has more than doubled. As the Work Force Manager, I have been in charge of ensuring that our staffing meets the call volume forecasted by our client.
The best part of my job is helping my agents as well as our customers
Internet/ Cable Technical Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 1, 2014
I have grown with this company for 3 years, I learned the importance of customer service experience and maintaining a great work environment.
O.k. workplace
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 18, 2015
A typical day at this job involved answering inbound troubleshooting calls for cox cable. I would go in, schedule my breaks, then find a available seat in my supervisors section. They didn't like when you sat to far from your supervisor, so each section was colored specifically for the supervisors team.

I learned how to be patient at this job especially when irate customers called in over something that was impossible to fix over the phone without a tech coming out (A lot of customers would get angry because they didn't want to pay tech fees). But other than that it was o.k.

I disliked some of the managers there. The ones i did like, either demoted themselves or quit before i got to know them more.

My co-workers we're o.k. but we barely got to know each other because the calls we're so repetitive.

The hardest part of the job for me was working every weekend and holiday (Christmas eve, independence day, New years eve etc...) I worked from 6pm to 2am almost everyday. My only off days we're Monday and Thursday. So if a holiday landed on my off day, i was lucky. I tried to get my off days changed but they refused to let me do so.

The most enjoyable part of the job we're the nice customers and incentives we received. I enjoyed speaking with the customers who called in happy. And the bonuses we're good you had the ability to earn 10 dollars a sale.
Pros
Pay and bonuses
Cons
short breaks
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 30, 2014
The job was very well lively and productive, of course depending on the job performed by ones self.
Pros
unlimited overtime
Cons
system technical difficulties
Plusone communications
Service Representative Technician (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 30, 2014
I enjoyed working at Plusone. Answering incoming calls to help customers troubleshoot to nice. The pay rate was great and the bonuses.
Pros
unorganized
Cons
freedom

2.9