PlusONE Communications Employee Reviews

O.k. workplace
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee), Akron, OHJune 18, 2015
Pros: Pay and bonuses
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at this job involved answering inbound troubleshooting calls for cox cable. I would go in, schedule my breaks, then find a available seat in my supervisors section. They didn't like when you sat to far from your supervisor, so each section was colored specifically for the supervisors team.

I learned how to be patient at this job especially when irate customers called in over something that was impossible to fix over the phone without a tech coming out (A lot of customers would get angry because they didn't want to pay tech fees). But other than that it was o.k.

I disliked some of the managers there. The ones i did like, either demoted themselves or quit before i got to know them more.

My co-workers we're o.k. but we barely got to know each other because the calls we're so repetitive.

The hardest part of the job for me was working every weekend and holiday (Christmas eve, independence day, New years eve etc...) I worked from 6pm to 2am almost everyday. My only off days we're Monday and Thursday. So if a holiday landed on my off day, i was lucky. I tried to get my off days changed but they refused to let me do so.

The most enjoyable part of the job we're the nice customers and incentives we received. I enjoyed speaking with the customers who called in happy. And the bonuses we're good you had the ability to earn 10 dollars a sale.
Fun work place
TSR (Former Employee), Akron, OHMarch 2, 2015
We would troubleshoot internet, Telephone, and cable for customers over the phone. the training prior was very helpful and useful. the hardest part of the job is the environment some employees don't always see it as a work place. the most enjoyable part was to hear the customer on the phone happy and solving the problem for them.
ok place to work but very stressful
tech support (Former Employee), akronNovember 25, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: very strict
By far out of all the call centers I have worked for plusone takes the number 1 spot for worse call center. You get written up for every little thing you do. Breaks are scheduled 1 to 2 hours before your scheduled break actually is. Too many changes that aren't considered about how there employees would feel that's why turn over is high. You have to raise your hand for help and sme's and sups will just look at you and keep walking. Half of the sme's don't know what they are talking about. Can't go to the bathroom when u need to or u have to take your break early. This place is very strict and treat employees like kids.
alright place to work for good pay
Tech Support (Former Employee), Akron, OHNovember 3, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: back to back calls not allowed to escalate calls to a supervisor
answer calls giving clear instuctions on how to troubleshoot modems. try to upsale cable internet or phone services . typing notes for every phone call
Technical Support (Former Employee), Akron, OHOctober 30, 2014
Pros: unlimited overtime
Cons: system technical difficulties
The job was very well lively and productive, of course depending on the job performed by ones self.
Great colleagues to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Akron, OHMay 20, 2014
Pros: great incentives and bonuses
Cons: great deal of inconsistencies
Company has potential to be successful.
Daily obstacles inside and outside facility
Great co-workers
Hardest part of job is not having updated information to be more effective.
Was a place full of nice people.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Akron, OHMay 15, 2014
Pros: full time positions available plus overtime.
Cons: constant changes in the way to perform.
It was an easy, repeatitive thing to do.
I learned to communicate efficiently.
Management was difficult.
Co-workers were cool.
The hardest part is not being allowed to use the bathroom.
Enjoyable part was the fun people.
Productive but not very organized!
Technical Support (Former Employee), Akron, OHApril 17, 2014
Pros: breaks, healthcare, and dress-down days.
Cons: bad area, most co-workers, and upper management.
A typical day here for me was a 10 1/2 hour shift with two fifteen minute breaks and an half hour lunch but in between those intervals it was just hectic. We took back to back phone calls and you have a goal of trying to make each phone call 5-8 minutes long. The job entailed solving the customers problem with their internet, cable, or home telephone and then trying to sell or upgrade services, all while obtaining amazing customer service. Co-workers here either made it nearly impossible to enjoy your job or they made you love to be there, there was no in between. The area is not a very safe, pretty much in the middle of a ghetto city which could describe why some people in the work place would completely ruin your day. The hardest part of this job to me would have been putting up with all of the co-workers and upper management who did not know how to do their job. Not to make it seem like every person there was terrible, because they all were not, just the most who were could have or will ruin the atmosphere for you. The best part of this job though would also be the few people who become long lasting friends, because they made being there with co-workers and customers who tend to use disturbing language, somewhat enjoyable. I will miss some of the people from this previous workplace but I am happier to move on to a more organized, successful industry.
PLUSONE COMMUNICATIONS
Service Representative Technician (Former Employee), Akron, OHJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: unorganized
Cons: freedom
I enjoyed working at Plusone. Answering incoming calls to help customers troubleshoot to nice. The pay rate was great and the bonuses.
Pays the bills
Tier I Technical Support (Former Employee), Lower Downtown AkronJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: bonus pay and plenty of hours
Cons: repetitive
Good pay. Room for advancement. Bonuses and other incentives for the hardworking and goal minded employee. A good experience.
Convenient and close to home.
Claims Representative (Current Employee), Akron, OHDecember 21, 2013
Pros: talking to different people daily.
Cons: not being properly trained.
My day would start off by talking to a customer who would like to get the modems added and activated to their account. The first thing I would do is get all the information that's on the modem that I needed and activate the modem. There are occasions when I would do all of the steps and the customer still would not have service. The hardest part of the job is not being able to get the service activated because the customer would have to try all of the outlets in the home until they found one that would work. Sometimes you would have to do more trouble-shooting learned how to fix issues with my internet if I were to have any. The management could be a whole lot better communication to me isn't that great. You do not find out anything until someone comes up to you and say sign this paper. Management don't address anyone when they walk by they never say hello ever. The hardest part of the job is customers cursing you out about something you do not have control over. I enjoy working with people that I already know or the one's I just met since I have been working there.
Good if your desperate
Supervisor (Current Employee), Akron, OHOctober 23, 2013
Cons: restricted restroom breaks, constant deviations, supervisors held accountable for their poor hiring choices
PlusOne is a joke. They are try so hard to change their reputation, but are consistently doing things to prove their critics right. In training they sell you this dream that you can have all the overtime you want. I have yet to see an agent get a 40 hour paycheck. They do offer overtime, but then turn around and deviate agents during their normal shifts. They also tell you that it's wonderful being a supervisor, but it's not. They require you to do a lot of work outside of your scheduled shifts. Your not even allowed to check emails on the clock. They expect you to have the emails delivered to you personal cell phone, and then read and respond to them before or after your shift. Supervisors are also held responsible for their teams actions on the phone. If a customer complains about and agent, the agent and supervisor are suspended without pay. PlusOne will hire ANYONE, and expects the supervisors to take the fall for their poor hiring choices. Warning only work for this company if you are desperate, and I mean truly desperate. They will make you hate call centers. Oh and they tell you when and if you can go to the restroom.
All and all it was good
Inbound Call Agent (Former Employee), Akron, OHOctober 16, 2013
The thing I didn't like was they didn't offer new agents enough support when first hitting the call floor.
Great co workers and training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Akron, OHOctober 9, 2013
Pros: learns great computer skills
Cons: the hours
Taking inbound coustomer calls can be very interersting. Having patience is the key at times to dealing with customers.A typical day is pretty much getting yelled at because someone did not pay their bill and now their service is off. Or a customer complaining about the rates being too high. Even when running into problems the management was also there and helpful. Just maintaining a good attitude is the hardest part of the job especially when you are new. I love helping the customer with their questions payment or problems.
Good place to gain patience and communication skills
Agent (Current Employee), Akron, OHMay 30, 2013
Pros: sit down job good pay
Cons: gets boraing fast and busy
answer calls help customers

I learned technical trouble shooting
This is for someone with no bills.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Akron, OhioApril 12, 2013
Well it seem like they are having trouble paying there employees there pay.
This need to be fixed very quickly.
Rapidly going downhill
Technical Support (Current Employee), Akron, OhioFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: it's employment, could be unemployed. a lot of the immediate supervisors are very nice people.
Cons: however a lot of those same supervisors are clueless, and really don't always know what they're doing. vision and dental care are lousy, upper management treats you like you're a toddler, changing attitudes, no real job security
The work atmosphere between when I started in late 2011 and the present day has gotten progressively worse. Policies change on a whim, lack of cohesiveness or consistency.

At least twice since I have worked here there have been issues with payroll. In the summer of 2012, there was a pay period where our paychecks were direct deposited, only to have HR send an email stating that was a bad deposit, and they were taking the money back out of our accounts, and to not spend it, we had to pick up paper checks, and this past week, paychecks were delayed anywhere from a couple hours, up to several people still haven't received direct deposit as of the time of this review, no explanation given, other than "they were delayed, sorry". I've not experienced it personally, but I've heard several people complain that they weren't paid for all hours worked.

Between 2012 and 2013, commission payout for sales was cut to little more than 25 percent of what it used to be, but the pressure to sell is higher than ever, which is not great when you are dealing with customers already angry about product not working as expected. Additionally several times in the past payout for sales commissions have been delayed, or requirements to get payout change on a moment's notice. Performance bonus is also based heavily on metrics outside of your control, one angry customer can cost you your entire month's performance bonus over something you have no control over.

Dress code is laughable, it's changed no less than two times since I've worked for the company, and radical changes at that. When I started it was – more... jeans and branded polo, mandatory. Then it changed to dress pants allowed, and it's currently business casual, but I anticipate that changing shortly as well. Supervisors frequently do not follow the dress code, although they have attempted to discipline agents for not following it, which seems hypocritical at least to me.

As far as coworkers are concerned, there's a diverse variety of people that work there, across many walks of life, you can almost always meet someone interesting. – less
Up and coming call center
Work Force Manager (Current Employee), Akron, OHFebruary 12, 2013
I've been with this particular call center since 2010. In the time I've been there the size of the staff has more than doubled. As the Work Force Manager, I have been in charge of ensuring that our staffing meets the call volume forecasted by our client.
Low Pay for the work
Customer Support High Speed Internet (Former Employee), 1115 Main St Akron, OHOctober 16, 2012
Pros: free pizza on some days, nice people work there
Cons: high pressure phone work, angry, difficult customers
I worked for this company for several months
in 2012. It's a very clean place to work.
The environment is very uplifting.
They employ about 250 people.

Most people there are very well educated,
college grads or part time students.
I liked the people there. Made some friends.
Most of the people who work there
are struggling to make a living. The
job is very hard for some because
the emotional strain of dealing with
angry customers.

This job will teach
you how to deal with angry people.

Their bonus commission structure
is very dull and they can't keep people for long.

Most people quit in the first three months.
I quit because the stress was unbearable and
I just could not take the abuse of customers
yelling at me on the phone.

They pay $10 an hour in 2012 after you
are there 90 days (most people quit).
Good job
hsi/billing agent (Former Employee), Akron, OHApril 30, 2012
Pros: comfortable enviroment
This job was the same as teleperformance because they were pretty much merged together. I loved this job exactly the same as teleperformance.