PlusONE Communications Employee Reviews

Bad!
CUSTOMER SERVICE LIASION (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 7, 2016
no job advancement and no leadership throughout the company. A stressful work environment and makes for a hostile attitude of team member. Overworked staff members and no benefits of working at this job
The worst place I've ever worked
Technical Support Liason (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 30, 2016
You are not guaranteed to be paid on time. You must raise your hand to use the bathroom, and IF they allow you to go, they will make you take 2 more calls first. You are constantly penalized for things that are out of your control. overall terrible place to work
Pros
decent pay
Cons
everything else
PlusOne
Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 2, 2016
I wish they had more availability as far as hours are concerned. It made it quite difficult for the work/life balance and the pay could've been better.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, very stressful calls
only heard from word of mouth
credit dispute specialist (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 27, 2016
seems to be easy to follow through on. I have learned communication is a big deal with this company. Looking to forward to working with people. plus one seems to be a high fast pace job which i enjoy being around.
Pros
self explanatory
Cons
none at this point
Positive
N/A (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 12, 2016
Good company with great management that give plenty of opportunity for advancement. I would recommend PlusOne to anyone seeking a great opportunity.
it is a call center
Data and Video tech (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 13, 2016
I did not like working there. I felt that is personally was not the place for me and I had to move on. I don't have much more to say.
Pro's and Con's
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  ohioJanuary 15, 2016
Pro's - Pay is great most of the employees are nice.

Con's - Hours are ok, Pay is great as long as you make sure you follow all rules i.e. be there on time, go to breaks on time and come back. You are treated like a child if you need to go to the rest room, you have to ask and then you are forced to take a break and if the calls are slow you are forced to take an unpaid extra lunch. Your computer runs slow but you are expected to have a call time of no longer than 8 minutes. If you take an approved day off it effects your pay for two weeks you will fall down to your base pay. Your vacation time is based on hours you work, which if you are deviated many times during the week you hours are less. I believe if they feel they have to treat their employees like children then they need to remove those people whom are acting like children and fire them and not take it out on the rest of the employees.
Think twice
Agent (Current Employee) –  Akron ohioOctober 12, 2015
This company has a class starting every two weeks. The reason is your either fired or quit. It really is sales.poised as customer tech call center. The supervisors are very immature as one likes to play hide and seek. It's shocking they haven't been sued for all the s harassment and touching that goes on there. I would say if you like professional....then this is not the place.
Pros
Hours flex
Cons
Pay bonus no benefits
High Volume Calls Daily
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  akron ohioAugust 6, 2015
Co-workers are excellents!!! Only good thing I would have to say.
You sit at your desk and take calls all day, if needed to go to restroom you would have to take your break early. Working 7 hrs only gives you one 15min break each day. If overtime is needed its mandatory, if you don't do it you'll will be written up. You get written up about every little thing..... LITERALLY! Management and higher staff will love you when your stats are good. have one bad day or a bad stat your on the bad list, like the worst employee every.
Cons
shorts breaks, unable to go to restroom when needed
O.k. workplace
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 18, 2015
A typical day at this job involved answering inbound troubleshooting calls for cox cable. I would go in, schedule my breaks, then find a available seat in my supervisors section. They didn't like when you sat to far from your supervisor, so each section was colored specifically for the supervisors team.

I learned how to be patient at this job especially when irate customers called in over something that was impossible to fix over the phone without a tech coming out (A lot of customers would get angry because they didn't want to pay tech fees). But other than that it was o.k.

I disliked some of the managers there. The ones i did like, either demoted themselves or quit before i got to know them more.

My co-workers we're o.k. but we barely got to know each other because the calls we're so repetitive.

The hardest part of the job for me was working every weekend and holiday (Christmas eve, independence day, New years eve etc...) I worked from 6pm to 2am almost everyday. My only off days we're Monday and Thursday. So if a holiday landed on my off day, i was lucky. I tried to get my off days changed but they refused to let me do so.

The most enjoyable part of the job we're the nice customers and incentives we received. I enjoyed speaking with the customers who called in happy. And the bonuses we're good you had the ability to earn 10 dollars a sale.
Pros
Pay and bonuses
Cons
short breaks
Fun work place
TSR (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 2, 2015
We would troubleshoot internet, Telephone, and cable for customers over the phone. the training prior was very helpful and useful. the hardest part of the job is the environment some employees don't always see it as a work place. the most enjoyable part was to hear the customer on the phone happy and solving the problem for them.
ok place to work but very stressful
tech support (Former Employee) –  akronNovember 25, 2014
By far out of all the call centers I have worked for plusone takes the number 1 spot for worse call center. You get written up for every little thing you do. Breaks are scheduled 1 to 2 hours before your scheduled break actually is. Too many changes that aren't considered about how there employees would feel that's why turn over is high. You have to raise your hand for help and sme's and sups will just look at you and keep walking. Half of the sme's don't know what they are talking about. Can't go to the bathroom when u need to or u have to take your break early. This place is very strict and treat employees like kids.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
very strict
alright place to work for good pay
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 3, 2014
answer calls giving clear instuctions on how to troubleshoot modems. try to upsale cable internet or phone services . typing notes for every phone call
Pros
good pay
Cons
back to back calls not allowed to escalate calls to a supervisor
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 30, 2014
The job was very well lively and productive, of course depending on the job performed by ones self.
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
system technical difficulties
Great colleagues to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 20, 2014
Company has potential to be successful.
Daily obstacles inside and outside facility
Great co-workers
Hardest part of job is not having updated information to be more effective.
Pros
Great incentives and bonuses
Cons
Great deal of inconsistencies
Was a place full of nice people.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 15, 2014
It was an easy, repeatitive thing to do.
I learned to communicate efficiently.
Management was difficult.
Co-workers were cool.
The hardest part is not being allowed to use the bathroom.
Enjoyable part was the fun people.
Pros
Full time positions available plus overtime.
Cons
Constant changes in the way to perform.
Productive but not very organized!
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 17, 2014
A typical day here for me was a 10 1/2 hour shift with two fifteen minute breaks and an half hour lunch but in between those intervals it was just hectic. We took back to back phone calls and you have a goal of trying to make each phone call 5-8 minutes long. The job entailed solving the customers problem with their internet, cable, or home telephone and then trying to sell or upgrade services, all while obtaining amazing customer service. Co-workers here either made it nearly impossible to enjoy your job or they made you love to be there, there was no in between. The area is not a very safe, pretty much in the middle of a ghetto city which could describe why some people in the work place would completely ruin your day. The hardest part of this job to me would have been putting up with all of the co-workers and upper management who did not know how to do their job. Not to make it seem like every person there was terrible, because they all were not, just the most who were could have or will ruin the atmosphere for you. The best part of this job though would also be the few people who become long lasting friends, because they made being there with co-workers and customers who tend to use disturbing language, somewhat enjoyable. I will miss some of the people from this previous workplace but I am happier to move on to a more organized, successful industry.
Pros
Breaks, Healthcare, and Dress-Down Days.
Cons
Bad Area, Most Co-workers, and Upper Management.
Plusone communications
Service Representative Technician (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 30, 2014
I enjoyed working at Plusone. Answering incoming calls to help customers troubleshoot to nice. The pay rate was great and the bonuses.
Pros
unorganized
Cons
freedom
Pays the bills
Tier I Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Lower Downtown AkronJanuary 17, 2014
Good pay. Room for advancement. Bonuses and other incentives for the hardworking and goal minded employee. A good experience.
Pros
Bonus pay and plenty of hours
Cons
repetitive
The best part of my job is helping my agents as well as our customers
Internet/ Cable Technical Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 1, 2014
I have grown with this company for 3 years, I learned the importance of customer service experience and maintaining a great work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PlusONE Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8