Ply Gem Siding Group, a member of the Ply Gem family, is currently searching for a Manufacturing Supervisor (2nd Shift) who will be performing frontline supervisory functions and will be responsible for safety, corrective action, associate relations, housekeeping and performance reviews of hourly associates as well as making recommendations to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
This position will be located in York, Nebraska. Position functions include supervises, directs, advises, and trains manufacturing team members in accordance with established manufacturing policies and procedures to ensure production demands are met.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Facilitates the manufacture of building products to meet production demands, while ensuring quality, safety, and environmental responsibility.
- In conjunction with appropriate plant leadership, develops and implements staffing guidelines to maximize utilization of human resources while controlling manpower costs.
- Effectively trains personnel in tooling, troubleshooting, machine set-up, operation, changeover, safety procedures, record keeping, etc.
- Identifies potential career paths for associates and works with associates to develop their skills and knowledge in order to progress within the company.
- Identifies and assists with implementations for continuous process improvement, uses Lean manufacturing concepts.
- Completes or oversees completion of paperwork relative to line operation; operator logs, PM logs, audits, and corrective action.
Skills and Education required:
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial Technology, Management, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible supervisory/leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Extrusion, injection molding or fabrication experience preferred.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing practices and 5S principles preferred.
- Strong mathematical and mechanical skills required.
If you are a motivated and team oriented individual seeking to make a difference in an organization, we want to talk to you. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including 401K, vacation, holiday, insurance benefits and more!
About Ply Gem
Ply Gem, headquartered in Cary, N.C., is committed to helping North America’s homebuilders, remodelers, architects, distributors, dealers and retailers do more than build homes. Ply Gem wants to help them build their business. The Company offers an unmatched solution to exterior building product needs with a portfolio that includes leading window, door, siding and accessories, stone veneer, fence and rail brands so there is something for every project. Ply Gem siding brands include Mastic Home Exteriors™, Variform®, NAPCO®, United Stone Veneer™, Kroy®, Cellwood®, Georgia Pacific, DuraBuilt®, Richwood®, Leaf Relief® and Monticello® Columns. Ply Gem windows manufactures and markets vinyl, vinyl-clad, wood-clad, aluminum-clad, and aluminum window and patio door brands including Ply Gem® Windows, CWD® Windows and Doors and Great Lakes® Window. The Company’s brands are sold through short-line and two-step distributors, pro dealers, home improvement dealers and big box retailers. Ply Gem employs more than 4,700 people across North America.
PlyGem is an Equal Opportunity Employer