Ply Gem Employee Reviews

Dont work here
Packer (Current Employee) –  Stuarts Draft, VAFebruary 12, 2018
You are just a warm body there to make their product. They don't care about their employees or anything that may be going on in your life. Forced overtime, low pay.
great place, fun
Concrete Laborer (Former Employee) –  Selinsgrove, PAFebruary 7, 2018
I loved the workers there we always worked as a team too get things done. and the managers were great never gave you any problems always understood you very well.
It’s a job
QUALITY ASSURANCE DEPARTMENT LEAD (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAJanuary 30, 2018
If you have a decent job there it’s a great place. You won’t get paid well or get raises besides when they give you 30 cents every other year. It’s hard work for most but there’s some great people there. They’re handcuffed by corporate like most places.
Nothing negative
Glass Handler (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, VAJanuary 28, 2018
I think it's a great place to work if you're looking for great benefits and a career or maybe a summer job while be out of school. This place also offers a 401k retirement plan if that's something you're looking for.
Pros
Health benifits
Cons
Parking lot is kinda small
Do not Apply
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Walbridge, OHJanuary 25, 2018
Stressful and co-worker's,plus, management are sub-par. Management only cares about production and themselves. Lines are always under-staffed and workers have to work 3 times as hard.
Pros
Vacation Days
Cons
Lazy Co-workers, Underpaid, overworked
Terrible company to work for!
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJanuary 18, 2018
I worked at ply gem for a few months. The work is overbearing and nonstop! Very terrible and little training on machinery. I was shown how to do my job twice then put to do it totally by myself while my trainer "maria" sat there and watched me struggle with siding overflowing my work area! "The work is on convertor belt that's very fast paced. She only chanted "you need be faster". This job violates state rules by telling you it's mandatory that if you are on any kind of medication you have to tell them what it is and even bring a bottle so they can take a photo of it! I put in my two weeks notice and got fired the next day! You can't even leave or even sit in your car in parking on your lunch break!
Pros
Free parking at jobsite
Cons
Hard work short breaks
Fast Paced work enviroment
Maintainence Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, VAOctober 22, 2017
Great place to work. Not much time for a home life.
Seemed a bit cut throat at times.
Nobody took ownership of the product of machine tools.
The hardest part was dealing with operators that simply did not care.
The best part was it was close to home.
Pros
People, and steady work
Cons
Advancement opportunities were rare
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAOctober 20, 2017
Worst place i have ever worked hated doing there. Would not recommended this place to my ememy. Management sucks and they treat their employees like garbage
Very interesting
Multi Operation Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHAugust 26, 2017
Its and alright place to work but the management dosnt care at all about the employee and the boss is very mean to you at times and very hot in there.
Pros
Free food i guess
Cons
Lots and lots of overtime and bad pay
Clueless Corporation
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Walbridge, OHAugust 21, 2017
Ply Gem only has one solution for a problem: Termination. Senior management exhibits zero ability in their roles. They provide no support for success and prohibit execution of initiatives from the plant level. It was hard to believe the conclusion that they actually want you to fail, but every in
Great place to work!
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 7, 2017
Relaxed and fun atmosphere...Great work environment. Staff and people are great...Management has a great team. Always willing to train and assist as needed and offered to all employees. Great health plan. Lots of perks, many events for employee appreciation.
Was a very dirty and fast paced work place long hours and constant work it was a good place to work and good hours
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Jasper, TNAugust 6, 2017
The job was fantastic but never payed enough for the work put in. People were friendly and the job was fast and productive benefits were great and vacation was excellent
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Hot and long hours
Hostile Environment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, VAJuly 18, 2017
Over worked. Management is not supportive. Harassment on most days. Negative environment. Lunch time is always cut short. Breaks fly quick. Difficult to take time off, management threatens to fire you if you request time off.
Management is horrible and doesnt respect theire employees.
Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Selinsgrove, PAJune 20, 2017
Management always tells employees they get incentives for working overtime but fails to get them to employees. Unless it's something major they tend to spin you and forget about the problem at hand.
Ply Gem
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 16, 2017
Ply Gem was a great company to work for with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. The executive leadership were well trained and loved help advance their staff.
Productive Enviroment
Production Associate III (Former Employee) –  York, NEJune 15, 2017
When I get there I find out what machines I operate and get my work assignment for the day and then take measurements. I learned how to operate a plastic extruder
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
My Hours
U tile
Packer/ Operator (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJune 12, 2017
I liked this job. Just wish it compensated more for the work that was done. This job did require a lot of work and I was only getting paid 10/hr. It is really hard to support a family on those wages. Loved the people that I met while working there.
Fast pace
window fabricator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMay 31, 2017
It was alright could be better, there is always work for some of the departments others were a little weak on the daily hours hardest part was the Early mornings 3.am wake up start at 4am
Cons
Too much work
Good salary, but company culture is lacking
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 4, 2017
Mostly enjoyed working for Ply Gem at the corporate office in Cary NC. Most difficult aspect for me was the lack of a unifying company culture, and the amount of push back received at almost every division and level. Had to deal with people at plant locations spread across the country, and at times was difficult to get cooperation or even basic responses to your emails/calls. Just makes it more difficult to be effectively in your job.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
An uphill battle dealing with internal communication issues
Focused, hard working, no nonsense
Creative Services Manager/Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VA 24014April 17, 2017
If you enjoy working hard, facing multiple deadlines and pulling off miracles on a daily basis Ply Gem is the place to be. To succeed at Ply Gem you have to be self-motivated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ply Gem. Our community is ready to answer.