Plymouth State University Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and Fun Workplace
Faculty review report distribution (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHMarch 20, 2016
A typical day at work is filing confidential forms and making sure these tasks were done at the end of my shift. I learned how to communicate with employees, faculty/staff, and students about what needed to be done for them. My co-workers are always welcoming if I have a question about something I don't know and make sure we figure out what the problem is. The most enjoyable part of the job is everyone being so close and find a way to have a good time with each other.
Best school I have ever been too
Career Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHMay 31, 2016
Great teachers, students, environment, and all around awesome place to spend your 4 years at school. Would do anything to go back. You learn a whole lot about yourself and I think with Plymouth State, I would not have wanted to learn from anywhere else.
Pros
Best place on earth
Cons
post-graduation depression
Turnaround is high
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHMay 20, 2016
It's easy to be taken advantage of working at Plymouth State University. Instead of extensive job training, they throw you to the wolves. As someone who worked for the office and saw all of the turnover, I saw the atmosphere and productivity decrease immensely.
Thought Provoking
Dance Instructor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHMay 18, 2016
It's always said that you learn something new everyday, and getting to teach during dance pedagogy definitely proved that right. I learned something different about being a dance teacher each time I got to work with new and engaging students.
There have been lots of good people here.
S.A.G.E. COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHJanuary 17, 2016
Some of the planning for the future fell through and left it hard to retain quality talent. But if you were willing to give a lot the campus, you would absolutely feel appreciated.
Intriguing and Challenging
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHMarch 23, 2013
Intriguing and very challenging, poor compensation, but excellent experience. Hours are on you, making it very flexible for any schedule. Co-workers are very helpful and respectable. Term of employment is very unsecured however.
Pros
rewarding, challenging
Cons
poor compensation, pooradvancement opportunities.
A great place to work
Academic Career Advisor/ Instructor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHDecember 6, 2014
Enjoyed meeting people and creating life-long friendships. Good advancement if you can push yourself to move forward and be persistent. Environment changes under new chair was not good
Great Place to Work ~ Nice People
AVP & CIO (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHJune 2, 2015
Plymouth State was a great place to work. Great vision, adequate budget to fund forward thinking projects. Great staff of people and awesome students.
Pros
Excellent Environment to work and live
Cons
Cold in the Winter
Student and Student Worker
Community Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mary Lyon HallJune 11, 2012
At Plymouth in Res life there is no typical day as each day things change...as a result you always need to be thinking on your feet.
This is a great job for someone who can think on their feet and be ready for any form of challenge.
The hardest part and something we always tell new CA's is that not all the residents will like you; so you need to be prepared to be disliked at times.
Meeting new people and learning to work with different types of people happens in Res life, you may not always like your co-workers but you do need to respect them and back them up when they need you most.
The most enjoyable part is meeting new people and new types of people. The challenge of balancing a personal life, a student life, a job life and then being a CA can be challenging but it i always worth it
Pros
free room and board, single room
Cons
not alot of personal time
Good College Job
Activities Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHJune 17, 2013
This was a perfect job for a college athlete with a busy schedule. The hours for this job were odd but worked well for my schedule. I got used to working late at night and early in the morning as needed. This job taught a lot of responsibility and management held high expectations and standards for their staff.
College position working to manage recreation department and work with students.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHJuly 15, 2013
Learned how to manage others and keep day to day operations moving throughout each season and semester.
Pros
opportunity to advance to management level and work with others
Cons
college position
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, NHMarch 10, 2015
Teaching students in fun but the stipend isn't great. Typical day includes grading, instructing labs, or proctoring exams. Working in a classroom provides public speaking and communication experience.
Having both indoor and outdoor courts was a definite advantage
Men's Tennis Coach (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHMarch 29, 2013
Coaching college level student athletes was a challenge,but one well worth undertaking.The players were intermediate to advanced level,and their desire to achieve commendable.The support from the admin point of view was more than adequate,and I had the good fortune to be able to interact with excellent coaches in my department,learning very valuable techniques and skills from them.
Pros
working with excellent department staff
Cons
budgetary limitations
Great Workplace
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHJune 9, 2014
A typical day at Plymouth State University involved working with positive student athletes and positive co-workers. I have learned many things over the past few years while working with these employees. For instance, I learned to be a person of integrity, hardworking, and someone who is trustworthy. It was a great place to learn and grow as an overall individual.
Pros
great work environment
Fun place to work and great people
Undergraduate General Biology Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHJuly 10, 2012
I worked with a variety of people who really like what they do. They are fun to work with as well as play since the whole PSU staff is a tightly knit group.
Pros
great guidance, lots of chances to pursue your interests
Cons
demanding and changing hours
College Student Teaching
Student Teacher and Student Research (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHDecember 18, 2013
I enjoyed the extra learning
How to student teach
Worked with the teacher on reports
Paperwork and extra duties that she needed complete for lab
Field Work
Field crew manager (Former Employee) –  Cannan, NHFebruary 11, 2014
Got to work on my own in the woods collecting data and then wrote my thesis based on data.

4.2