Plymouth State University Employee Reviews

Pleasant place to work with appropriate compensation
Administrative & Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, NHMay 2, 2017
The work culture at Plymouth State University is predominately positive. The low stress and culture of supporting work and home life balance make this employer a good employment prospect for job seekers in this geographic area.
Pros
Reasonable work culture and fair compensation
productive and excellent work environment
Prog. Spprt Spec. / AT Graduate Course Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHApril 26, 2017
I really enjoyed my career at PSU. The department as a whole, was like a second family to me. I learned many professional skills while employed there. The only complaint I would have, is that I felt underutilized there and not challenged enough in my work. I would have loved the opportunity to continue my career there and advance, within the department, but unfortunately, due to budget restrictions, my position was cut before I was able to do so.
Pros
the faculty treated each other like family
Cons
wasn't full time
PSU: Great Town, Big Changes
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, NHMarch 21, 2017
PSU has gone through a number of changes over the last 3 years. Enrollment is up, as well as renovations, change in employees, and ultimate change in leadership. Unfortunately, many decisions being made are seemingly knee-jerk reactions and therefore are leaving many holes in the services the university once offered. It appears they are moving faster than they are capable of communicating and making changes before thinking.

If all goes according to plan, PSU will be a great place to work in a few years. Right now they are not taking care of their employees, and decisions are not student-centered.
Pros
Great benefits, very healthy campus, great town/community
Cons
Poor management, decision makers are uninformed
Great for specific job opportunists
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHFebruary 27, 2017
When i worked at PSU this was as a temporary summer job handling a writing camp for young students. The camp itself was very fun and I do believe the students came out with more experience in writing while making some good friends along the way.
As for working at PSU, it fit perfectly considering I am an English major and the writing camp allowed me to flex my muscles. As I can only write on the bias I currently have please consider for yourselves how much you'd enjoy working in a position related to your own specialized field.
Great
Mailroom Staff, Central Receiving (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHDecember 8, 2016
Great school and a really amazing part time or full time job. I would go out of my way to recommend Plymouth State University.
Pros
Everyting
Cons
Great people to work with
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, NHJuly 27, 2016
PSU is a great place to work. I have learned so much from faculty who have gone before me. There is an incredible amount of help with technology. This is especially helpful, because of the need to continue to learn new technology all the time.
Excellent laboratory experience for a first year student
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHJune 3, 2016
I was lucky to be able to work under the Professor I worked for in her lab. The experiments run were very easy to understand for a student in the science department. I become good friends with the two other students I worked with in the lab, the three of us cooperated on the experiments and collaborated to analyze and interpret results. Having this laboratory experience was not only enjoyable, but will also help me when it comes time to find other work opportunities within my field of studies.
Best school I have ever been too
Career Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHMay 31, 2016
Great teachers, students, environment, and all around awesome place to spend your 4 years at school. Would do anything to go back. You learn a whole lot about yourself and I think with Plymouth State, I would not have wanted to learn from anywhere else.
Pros
Best place on earth
Cons
post-graduation depression
Turnaround is high
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHMay 20, 2016
It's easy to be taken advantage of working at Plymouth State University. Instead of extensive job training, they throw you to the wolves. As someone who worked for the office and saw all of the turnover, I saw the atmosphere and productivity decrease immensely.
Thought Provoking
Dance Instructor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHMay 18, 2016
It's always said that you learn something new everyday, and getting to teach during dance pedagogy definitely proved that right. I learned something different about being a dance teacher each time I got to work with new and engaging students.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Faculty review report distribution (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHMarch 20, 2016
A typical day at work is filing confidential forms and making sure these tasks were done at the end of my shift. I learned how to communicate with employees, faculty/staff, and students about what needed to be done for them. My co-workers are always welcoming if I have a question about something I don't know and make sure we figure out what the problem is. The most enjoyable part of the job is everyone being so close and find a way to have a good time with each other.
There have been lots of good people here.
S.A.G.E. COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHJanuary 17, 2016
Some of the planning for the future fell through and left it hard to retain quality talent. But if you were willing to give a lot the campus, you would absolutely feel appreciated.
Great Place to Work ~ Nice People
AVP & CIO (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHJune 2, 2015
Plymouth State was a great place to work. Great vision, adequate budget to fund forward thinking projects. Great staff of people and awesome students.
Pros
Excellent Environment to work and live
Cons
Cold in the Winter
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, NHMarch 10, 2015
Teaching students in fun but the stipend isn't great. Typical day includes grading, instructing labs, or proctoring exams. Working in a classroom provides public speaking and communication experience.
A great place to work
Academic Career Advisor/ Instructor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHDecember 6, 2014
Enjoyed meeting people and creating life-long friendships. Good advancement if you can push yourself to move forward and be persistent. Environment changes under new chair was not good
Great Workplace
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHJune 9, 2014
A typical day at Plymouth State University involved working with positive student athletes and positive co-workers. I have learned many things over the past few years while working with these employees. For instance, I learned to be a person of integrity, hardworking, and someone who is trustworthy. It was a great place to learn and grow as an overall individual.
Pros
Great work environment
Field Work
Field crew manager (Former Employee) –  Cannan, NHFebruary 11, 2014
Got to work on my own in the woods collecting data and then wrote my thesis based on data.
College Student Teaching
Student Teacher and Student Research (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHDecember 18, 2013
I enjoyed the extra learning
How to student teach
Worked with the teacher on reports
Paperwork and extra duties that she needed complete for lab
College position working to manage recreation department and work with students.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NH July 15, 2013
Learned how to manage others and keep day to day operations moving throughout each season and semester.
Pros
Opportunity to advance to management level and work with others
Cons
College position
Good College Job
Activities Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHJune 17, 2013
This was a perfect job for a college athlete with a busy schedule. The hours for this job were odd but worked well for my schedule. I got used to working late at night and early in the morning as needed. This job taught a lot of responsibility and management held high expectations and standards for their staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plymouth State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3