Plymouth Tube Company Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Eupora, MSNovember 22, 2017
It’s was an acceptable job. I️ moved out of state so I️ had to leave .I️ enjoyed my co-workers , supervisors and all head management. Very worker friendly environment. Easy uphire.
Enjoyed the people I work around
Finishing Operator (Current Employee) –  Eupora, MSNovember 14, 2017
I’m more of a fast learner and quick to catch on to any hands on job. I’m easily to adapt to any environment you put me in. I’m more of an open mind person who would love to share new ideas and etc with anyone. I’m not to quick to turn a listening ear always love to see others opinions and ideas to make things in the workplace a lot easier.
An energetic self-starter who is creative and can work independently or with a team. Is enthusiastic when it comes to work and can maintain a positive
Manchine Operation (Current Employee) –  Eupora, MSAugust 23, 2017
• Keep work area clean.
• Perform reviews, walkthroughs, or inspections
• Collects samples for testing, and computes findings.
• Make sure product quality met customer specification.
• Trouble shoot and resolved problems.
• Preformed visual inspection of products to maintain quality tube.
Pros
we eat with the company every quarter
Cons
points system need to change
Plymouth Tube
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  East Troy, WIAugust 2, 2017
Great family owned business that carries through to the plants. They do a lot of strategic planning and execution. Great learning experience working at Plymouth.
Over worked and underappreciated
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJuly 10, 2017
Work ten or twelve hour days. Some months you may work four days a week for ten hours then there are months where you work twelve hours a day for the whole month or longer. Management asks for employee input when changing work areas but in the end they disregard anything said and do what they want to do. Work is based on machine capacity regardless of being understaffed. Safety is a concern for management until it interrupts production. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the day is over and you can clock out for the day.
Pros
Monthly bonus for meeting corporate goals
Cons
Too much time spent at work instead of being home with your family
Lots of room for improvement
Process Manager (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJanuary 3, 2017
They only want paperwork for your training. They have you train on expensive material then fire you for making mistakes. I had 4 1/2 years there and was let go while training on a saw. Too many upper admin friendships. Too many conflicts of interests. It used to be a great place to work. Its going downhill very fast.
Pros
Good pay, good shifts
Cons
Management, inadequate training systems
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Eupora, MSDecember 11, 2015
Plymouth Tube is a good place to work. The only issues would be occasional lack of communication between all levels of management and employees.
Pros
good enviroment
Cons
Communication between management
educational career
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDNovember 10, 2015
It was a nice place to work and truly a learning experience. The was a lot of on the job training and salary increases when you learned a new station.
Good Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJanuary 19, 2015
There are a lot of good people at the mill I worked for. It depends who you work with.
Very limiting due to poor leadership
manager (Former Employee) –  trentNovember 10, 2014
I concur with the statement made in October 2012. it still persists. Management positions seem to have revolving doors attached to them.
Pros
Long term company in terms of history
Cons
Poor leadership and focus to it's own priciples
Challenging work environment where everyone is focused on improving the business
Vice President, White Metals Group (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILNovember 10, 2014
Prior to the last COO, it was an environment where leaders were empowered to improve the business.
Pros
Values and integrity, focus on getting better
Cons
Bad leader who has since exited the Company
Easy job with great pay
Process Manager (Current Employee) –  Winamac, INJuly 23, 2014
Best co-workers I've ever had. I enjoy lunch the most, we're allowed an hour lunch paid and we can also leave.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Swing shift
My favorite job
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Eupora, MSApril 1, 2014
Start by checking dock audits for the day. Along with testing material dimensions for product runs.

I learned many things during my time at Plymouth Tube Co. including
Manufacturing Excellence, Lean Manufacturing, and Quality Control.

Management was a real mystery, they where rarely seen. I believe they did there job so good you didn't notice.

My co-works where some of the best people I ever meet and I am very fortunate to have meet them.

The plant not being climate friendly made it difficult from season to season.

Plymouth Tube Co. always had fun events for its employees. From Christmas parties to Kick-off meetings at the beginning of every year.
Pros
Healthcare, People, Events
Cons
Climate conditions
Good company with a great reputation
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  worked out of my home, in ChicagoDecember 11, 2013
prospecting new accounts in The United States
That sales management and operations management must have similar sales expectations
new and old management must be on the same page
great
selling to new accounts in a depressed economy
landing new business, meeting new people
Pros
travelling in the company plane
Cons
caught between sales management and operations management objectives
Productive Workplace with Very Little Down Time
Production Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LANovember 30, 2013
A typical day at work began by collecting all production, training and maintenance data in the facility. Afterward, I would make sure that all were entered into the proper databases with reports sent to the proper mangers. Once the data was processed, I would begin the process of inspecting all supply areas within the facility. After this inspection, I would return to the supply crib for more components to refill the supply areas. Upon returning to the supply crib for the final time, I would produce lists of materials to be submitted to purchasing.
Pros
Occasional free lunches, great supervisors
Cons
Sweatshop in the summer time
Enjoy co-worker easy to get along with and loves the friends and family day
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Eupora, MSJune 15, 2013
A typical day at work would be coming in to a bin full of work every night. I learn a lot like dealing with customer and being able to focus under pressure. Everyone here is good to work with 9 out of 10.The hardest part of my job is having to do my job pluse train on other jobs and keep my work up at the same time. The most enjoyable part of my job is not having to be under any supervision meaning I get to earn the company trust and show that I am a very responsible person and I can do my job without anyone standing over me.
Great employer with on job training programs
Q.C.Finished Production Test Team  (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAMay 15, 2013
Productive busy work place. Each day was a challenge to manufacture and meet last minute customer"s orders. I worked with a diversified Management Team where I was motivated. My co- associates and I embrace a family work place atmosphere. Difficult days required associates to work together in mass teams to complete last minute orders and not delay on time scheduled shipments. The rewarding incentive were our common goal approach to achieve by all means necessary.
Pros
Company picnics, Safety Awards and incentives, Great healthcare program, 401k and Pension Benefits
Cons
On time point discipline program
Plymouth Tube screwed most of us over ,Unfair promotion of employees . just to make it work for some people
Drawbench operator/Drawing Technician (Former Employee) –  East Troy, WISeptember 27, 2012
They bought Trent Tube Co. then closed us down. the management made it very hard to come in to work
Pros
it used to be enjoyable to work there, until we were sold
Cons
same as pros
Awesome Mentors and Supervisors
Credit Intern (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILFebruary 24, 2012
I worked as an Intern for 3 months but in those 3 months I learnt that Plymouth's company culture is so strong that employees have been working with them for past 20 years or so. Plymouth treated everyone as a part of their family. Very productive and growing company because of this strong cultural background.
Committed, productive workplace
Marketing Specialist - last position held (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILJanuary 16, 2012
In the 12 years I worked for Plymouth, I had several career advancements. I learned and gained tremendous experience throughout this time. Plymouth is a great company to work for with excellent benefits!
Pros
paid education, training, career advancements, healthcare program
Cons
at times, questionable management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plymouth Tube Company. Our community is ready to answer.