PMHCC Employee Reviews

Excellent and Supportive Environment
ACT Community Psychiatric Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 2, 2016
This organization is the only organization to offer complete wrap around and community based services to participants living with Mental Health issues. The ACT Teams are a unique entity and the only organization offering this Care Model to people in need in the City of Philadelphia.
Listen when people say RUN, run fast run hard, dont look back
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  BHSIJuly 27, 2016
It's funny how this place is suppose to help people with addictions but it literally led me to drugs. After 1 year I had to start taking hard anxeity medication just to get through the doors of this place. There is no words to descrie upper management except to simply say they suck!!! They have no compassion, understanding, or even just a balanced mindset. My Director was a tryranical dictator that was like the kid that got bullied finally getting his revenge. My direct Supervisor, WOW beware, druggie, alcoholic, overall snake you never see coming. This place has so much potential and you can really enjoy the work you do but I promise you between the God awful upper management, the rachett supervisors, and the handful of insane coworkers because they have been there too long, this place will chip away at your soul, change who you are for the worse and eventually drive you insane. A paycheck is great but your sanity is better... Please be warned
Pros
tuition reimbursement, 403b
Cons
everything and I do mean everything else
Extreme Fast paced forever changing environment
Blended Enhanced Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 6, 2016
This agency is extremely fast paced and you learn to how to maneuver and deal with difficult challenges on daily basis. The hardest part for new employees is to learn how to manage their time but it can be done. The most enjoyable part is the room for advancement
Educational, motivated to come to work
Recovery Specialist /Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 1, 2016
I gained case management skills. Ability to help those in behavioral health programs.
Somewhat stressful when a person in recovery passed away.

Fulfillment when helping those to gain coping skills for a better life.
Pros
flex schedule
Cons
travel to get there
Productive/supportive/diverse
Pool BHID Case Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 5, 2015
Very supportive and productive work place from a diverse group of individuals. Always room to grow because there are so many different departments that scope a broad range of positions and specialist.
Run fast, run fast, run fast...
Clinician (Former Employee) –  CTTAugust 8, 2015
Run Run Run horrible morale, upper management infighting. BE vs ACT. This place is a mess! Unfortunately, upper management doesn't have the ability to look introspectively maybe the CEO can help them or fire them!
Pros
You get paid every two weeks
Cons
All the above plus some
This Job is ridiculous for no reason
ICM (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, paJanuary 18, 2014
I used to work for this company as an ICM and i completely hated it. At first it was ok until they started to stress the amount of billing units you have to maintain per month. Seriously you have to chase ungrateful a** clients down who you're trying to help. The management sucks. I will say if you are into obtaining 400 unit hours a month then do it. The Director is always been a pest if things are not going her way, and the managers seem to be afraid. But honestly this place needs a whole new evaluation on its management or else it will fail. I will never encouraged anyone to apply. I did love my co-workers tho because we all had similar views on this place. Be prepared to be miserable.
Benefits
Cons
management
Fair workplace
Enhanced Blended Housing Forensic Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 7, 2014
Great starter company. Very time consuming. Management isn't fair; only to those that is in the in-crowd. Great pay.
Pros
Benefits, compensation is fair, Parking wasn't good but the job was okay for the most part.
Cons
Management. Long work hours with no compensation. Time consuming of your life.
Needs to consider recommendations
Receptionist/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 14, 2013
My day begins early with the ring of a phone, someone needs my assistance. I shuffle between calls and requisitions in order to meet deadline while entertaining visitors and clients. I have been given the opportunity, even after "begging" to learn anything worthwhile. The only thing heard are directions instead of suggestions. As for this very organization, consideration is not bestowed on those deserving of it and who work hard and diligently for them, it is passed on to those who come to work late and gripe. The hardest part of the job is not being appreciated and respected enough to be looked upon as an achiever instead of an underachiever. The most enjoyable part I would have to say is knowing that I am here for a reason and that is for the benefit of the consumer, which makes coming to work a pure blessing.
Pros
tuition reimbursement, consumers
Cons
negativity from within the ranks
productive fun work place
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 27, 2013
the most enjoyable part of the job was meting new people
my co-workers was outgoing my hardest part of the job was leaving the job over the new changes and new management
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
I don't know where to begin
previous employee (Former Employee) –  philadelphia paJanuary 7, 2014
Everyday when I woke up to come to this job I wanted to Burts into tears. If a program is voluntary why are case managers on the chopping block when they can't make units. This job is really dangerous. Going onto the community and into homes of people that have challenges that are far beyond your control to support. You literally have to be out all night to make 400 - 500 units a month. This number is not accurate. It's no way you can be out Al day and balance you documentation and personal life. People break there back and when they are ready for you to be gone.... you're gone!!. From the management down to the other employees morale is terrible. People will throw you under the bus to move no where. Many of those individuals are still there. It's not an easy job to manage someone else's life that will probably not change. I prayed and God allowed me to walk right out those doors. People are unhappy there and when they get around people who can make change people don't step up. Service plans.... Note writing.... unit driven are not worth the pennies.... Trust me!!. Only if I could list names. That job is a joke they don't promote real change. It's a really sad place to work. Working hard is not something they value unless you're getting a thousand units and your only as good as how many units you received the previous month. In my opinion don't!!. If you need money to pay bills that's one thing but trying to keep your sanity is another!
Pros
tuition reimbursement
Cons
everything!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PMHCC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7