PNC Bank Employee Reviews

Found 3,251 reviews matching the search
Blah
Bilingual Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 17, 2017
The company is good with benfits but with growth advandment no such thing but I would def go back I thibnk pnc for everything thank you so much my first real job
Collections at PNC
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 17, 2017
Being a collections specialist meant you had to be on the phone 90% of the time, making calls and trying to collect customer's debt. I was lucky and had good supervisors, however supervisors don't have a lot of control on what happens because their bosses make those decisions. Hourly pay was okay, but once commissions changed it was a lot harder to make the same amount as before. Customers can get pretty upset over the phone (which can be understandable), however I was taught on what to say and how to approach calls differently. As frustrating as the job could be, it was a fun environment most of the time.
Nice flexibility but zero feedback or leadership. Management was unprofessional.
UI Developer (Former Employee) –  INAugust 17, 2017
The pay is okay, plenty of opportunity to grow and they will give you all the training needed. But you have to be self motivated and outgoing speaking to people about their finances.
Professional workplace with great co-workers.
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 17, 2017
PNC is a great bank and a decent place to work. The power and best job opportunities are in Pittsburgh. The days were busy but too much like the Audit Dept, who the department answered to.
Pros
Great credit culture and decent compensation.
Cons
Middle Management getting very political, Healthcare poor.
productive
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 16, 2017
not very good upper managements, but vey good coworkers, also work our are pretty good to balance you life schedule. but overall a very good company for recent graduates,
Competitive
Member of the retention team (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 16, 2017
I worked in the call center when I worked for PNC Bank and it was a relaxed environment for the most part, but also competitive when providing a sale.
It takes a certain kind of person to enjoy the job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 15, 2017
There is a lack of communication when it comes to the federal regulation changes in the banking community. Management is unorganized and regularly unavailable. Co workers are kind and extremely helpful when answering questions. It has long hours, great if you live in the city, but expensive if you need to commute.
Pros
a lot of room to grow
Cons
expensive commute for parking
Very fast paced and stressful
Sr Financial service representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 15, 2017
I took inbound calls from customers whom wanted to know their balance, see if a check or card payment went through their accounts, I assisted with upselling overdraft products to customers whom accounts were overdrawn. I ordered checks and debit cards, helped in locating a local ATM near their location. I participated in their program that assisted blind callers in the use of an ATM machine. I assisted in the training of the new hire financial service consultants, I also did take escalated calls from customers whom needed to speak with a supervisor when a supervisor might not be available.
Pros
good pay
Cons
too many mean customer
worked to many hours
Financial Sales Consultant/Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 15, 2017
pnc didnt care about employees. I have two small children and the branch i'm at is understaffed they want everyone to work 6 days a week all day everyday and stay late. they are the lowest paying bank out of all the banks
Overworked
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 14, 2017
As long as your department generates revenue, you can get away with anything. Departments that are cost centers are consistently given more work to do, with limited resources.
Pros
Cost center managers are understanding
Cons
Revenue generating departments rule the bank

Want to know more about PNC Bank?

Ask a question
My review
Universal Branch Sales and Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 14, 2017
It's a good job but you work your butt off and you don't get what you deserve, I'm a full time student and sacrifice so much for my job. I wanted to get a promotion and was told that I wasn't good enough. My job is stressful because I took on a lot of responsibility and management still didn't care. In order to move up in the company you have to kiss everyone's butt.
Pros
I loved my fellow co-workers and they were the ones who helped me get through everyday
Cons
management, pay, very stressful and they push goals down your throat.
Normal Bank day
Teller (Current Employee) –  pittsburghAugust 14, 2017
I love working for PNC bank, if it wasn't for the managers themselves I would never want to leave. Although the hours are long (8am to 6pm) I still enjoyed myself while at work. The hardest part is working with the managers who do not care about anyone but themselves. I've made life long friends besides that, and it makes the work day go by quickly.
Pros
Great staff, good perks
Cons
short breaks, bad managers
Web set our own goals and it was up to us to achieve them.
Mortgage Loan Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OhAugust 14, 2017
We had a fun group to work with. The building had a cafeteria which was convenient for lunches and snacks.

We used our computer to sign in our start time and would log out for breaks, meetings, etc. The job was not hard, you just had to pay attention to detail when logging in information in the data bases as other departments depend on the information to do their jobs.
Pros
large building with outside tables for lunch or breaks.
Cons
limit of two breaks per day.
Great Opportunities for Advancement
MULTI CHANNEL SALES ASSOCIATE I (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 14, 2017
PNC is a great company to start a career at. The managers will work with you to make sure you are getting into the line of business that you want to work in. They have plenty of opportunities for advancement if you are willing to put in the effort. Your day varies based on the position you are in. We have branches, call centers, out of branch sales and multiple other lines of business. The culture is very friendly, I have always enjoyed the environment created by my coworkers. The most difficult part of the job is the amount of goals set for someone to accomplish, it can be overwhelming, at the same time extremely motivating. There is always something to work on. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships created within the workplace and with the customers.
Pros
health benefits, time off, hours, work enviornment
Cons
lack of incentive, heavy goals
Summary
Teller (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 14, 2017
My work experience with PNC was ok. I was a part-time employee. I learned many cash transaction. Work with different kind of people and how to manage stressful environment.
Pros
Learned to handle cash transactions
Cons
Stressful
Decent pay but job duties were overwhelming
Loan Servicing Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 14, 2017
It was nice pay but the amount of work and training you go through without more pay is quite extensive. The grading scale is quite outrageous as well depending on who is monitoring your calls. Some are lenient some are extremely over bearing and unrealistic.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Short breaks, long calls, non stop calls
PNC a place to work
Loan Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brecksville, OHAugust 13, 2017
I will not rate this company at this time due to I am currently employed there. There are a lot of good reasons to work for pnc but there are also a down side as well
Great Room for Growth
Consumer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 13, 2017
PNC has a great flexible schedule that allows me to work my job around my everyday activities. I have learned how to better communicate with customer over the phone verses my the traditional face to face way. The management works one on one with you to help improve your performance and answer questions.
Big Bank with Good Culture
Financial Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oaklyn, NJAugust 13, 2017
I really enjoyed working here. The corporate culture was much better than the average bank and the work environment was good. It felt more fun than the average bank, and the customers recognized it. However, pay wasn't good compared to other banks.
Pros
Good Corporate Culture
Cons
Comparatively Low Pay
I was only there 3 months as a contractor
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHAugust 12, 2017
I was under contract for a Lender Transformation project. The people I worked with were very knowledgeable and helpful when I needed assistance.

My experience was very positive working at PNC.
Pros
Close to home, cafeteria, nice work areas
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PNC Bank. Our community is ready to answer.