PNC Bank Employee Reviews

Found 2,677 reviews matching the search
Good Job High Pressure
Merchant Services Representative (Former Employee) –  MarylandDecember 6, 2016
Not a bad company but over the years the pay plan gets progressively worse for all but the top performers. If you leave you have to forfeit bonuses earned because there is a 30 plus day delay in bonus payment and once you are gone all earned bonuses are not paid. How is this legal! Required to use personal phone for business purposes but receive no compensation. Mileage is capped regardless of sales territory.
Pros
Good bonus for top perfomers
Cons
People other than top performers suffer
Exciting and Productive work enviroment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILFebruary 10, 2017
PNC management works with their employees on the daily. From the moment you are hired management begins to assist you with your future goals with the company giving their employees the opportunity to advance. Management is also very cooperative with school schedules, therefore if you going to school while working on moving up in the company this is a great place to be.
Fun place to work
Teller1/Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 11, 2017
It was great place to work, because location was close to my home. I learned everyone is not going to acknowledge when you do good. Management was not the great. The hardest part of job was not being recognized for a job well done, and most enjoyable part was being able to go home for lunch to spend time with my son.
Pros
It was around the corner from my house
Cons
Pay rate was low and benefits was not good
Professional
PERSONAL BANKER (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDDecember 2, 2016
Sales and Administrator professional with 25 years of experience in the corporate environment. Excel at territory development, major account management, and new business development. Organized, managed, and budgeted internal operations of various businesses. Supervised and maintained all internal accounting functions for various organizations. Provided administrative support for executives and fellow colleagues. Performed skip tracing and internet research for client information and security. Expert in all office technology and practices. Licensed Life, Health, Property, and Casualty.
GOOD
Cons
OKAY
Great managers, great products, but, incentive is not motivating
Banker (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 18, 2017
I work outside of a branch setting which affords more opportunity and freedom.
My manager is awesome, luckily. As a outside sales banker, I understand incentive and how to make money clearly but, the problem is they keep cutting the incentive pay and not in small amounts.
Important to understand how much "they" want your role to ever make. Not motivated to keep up the superior sales because of the continuous cut. Why bother putting in the extra if they want average.
Many great programs, people, vision in this company. But, if you make too much sales incentive in your role, they will cut it.
It is a big company and this seems to be common.
Pros
Variety of roles, office locations, employee website ease, people
Cons
Cutting incentives yearly, phone reimbursements, vacation days
The Branch I worked at was always fun to work at
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Palmyra, NJNovember 22, 2016
Worked for this bank for many years, went through various name changes, management changes, etc. Back when I first started it was a great hometown bank and everybody knew everyone. Folks actually enjoyed their work, and customers were more than customers so of them they felt like family. We spent more time at work than we did with our own families- so that was nice.
Pros
Pleasant Customers
Cons
Staffing issues- you can run a branch without staff
energetic, continually improving company
Loan Analyst Sr (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 29, 2016
Day to day work environment can change to daily to monthly. Work flow is steady always something on your to do list. Helpful environment from peers to management to ask questions. Hardest part of the job is lack of technology. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that my work has a direct impact on the customers that I service each day.
Pros
flexable work schedule
Cons
lacking in technology
Job security A+. Compensation D-
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 17, 2017
Some coworkers are professional and respectful than others. Their policies change all the time, hence you tend to make a lot of mistakes.
Some employees do not get compensated for working overtime, and also do not get compensated annually, but are expected to work overnight.
Pros
job security
Cons
Some employees are not compensated for working overtime.
Excellent work place
Switcher (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJDecember 12, 2016
At this financial institute you will learn and grow. This company is a well professional environment. Management is excellent. The coworkers there pleasant and nice. The hardest part of this job is closing a customer with loans or convincing them to invest for there future.I enjoy this company because its a caring and diverse company.
Pros
benefits, free accounts and etc
Cons
money orders are 5.00
Work eithic
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  McMurray, PAJanuary 11, 2017
It was a nice place to work but it was also just a lot of rules that people that didn't follow the rules. Did what they wanted to do and not get into trouble. The ones who did do the work got told. the hardest part of my job was having to deal with issues that people didn't want to do their job.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with all the people and getting to know each other.
Respectable place to work at. It takes hardwork and teamwork to survive here.
Loan Closing Associate (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILFebruary 10, 2017
The boss will appreciate and reward extra hours and efforts that you put into work.
Its very enjoyable yet the most challenging place I've worked at. It was worth it.
Pros
Someone is always willing to help you with your work, you get free lunch sometimes.
Cons
you won't be favored if you don't have teamwork in you.
Good benefits, however progress is necessary in order to become competitive .
Branch Sales and Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Hazel Park, MINovember 14, 2016
They are making strides toward becoming more competitive and appealing not just for customers, but for current and potential employees. At the current time, I recommend for someone in college to get sales and consumer relations experience only. The ideal job for college students who need sales and consumer relations experiences .
Pros
Decent incentives
Cons
Pay rate is not competitive to other banks, however the sales goals and quotas are in direct correlation.
Easy going Environment but with no Pay Raises EVER
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 7, 2017
PNC is more interested in their efficiency ratio than in retaining their employees. There are no inflationary raises and barely every merit raises. You will be looking at less than inflation, unless you are in a selling role.
Pros
Easy schedule, benefits, culture, flexibility
Cons
no raises, minimum vacation, not valued as an employee
Providing excellent individual customer service
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Clair Shores, MINovember 14, 2016
Everyday has a new challenge and lots of variety. The dynamic culture of this company allows me to develop outstanding customer service skills, learn how to communicate and how to manage & deal with change. The most enjoyable part of this job is providing individual customer service and making a positive impact to them personally.
Pros
Work life balance, accommodating work environment, great co-workers
Cons
pay could be better and little opportunity for advancement
Company Gives Back to the Community but Lacks on the Inside
Branch Sales & Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 12, 2016
PNC is a great company, however, the leadership or management needs an overhaul. Each branch has its own culture. One group of people are allowed to do certain things while others are not. The policy and procedures are uniform but we are informed and encouraged to do differently. Management allows bullying and instigation of hostile work environment. Great experience at one branch and totally polar opposite experience at the other branch.
Pros
Bonus every three months
Cons
Sending a copy of every email and apt to your supervisor. Extreme micromanaging.
No Work/Life Balance
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 8, 2016
Co-workers here are fantastic, made the day better. Typical day at work was spent calling clients on investments. Did learn a lot here as the shear volume of clients contacted forced learning and how to sell. Management here is non-existent. Never knew what was going on or how to manage people. Micro-managed to the max (needed to know what you were doing every minute of the day). Back-office individuals don't contact you, just go behind your back with everything that happens. Lots of "I only care about myself and won't help you" goes on here.
Hr reporting analyst
Hr reporting analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 6, 2016
Poor management. Job eliminated after 30 years because business needs changed aka ageism. My direct manager never allowed me to perform my job because he did not like I was not in Pittsburg. In-house recruiters did little to find me employment elsewhere in company. The "career counselor" has provided little actual help in securing employment. My duties running EEOC reports. Do not work for this company/
Pros
some co-workers
Cons
management is noncomunicative
Extremely stressful job
teller (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHFebruary 1, 2017
Many policies and procedures that have to be followed or you could be fired even from one mistake/accident. You're expected to talk to customers and engage them while also paying attention to these policies and procedures and counting their money. You are also expected to meet sales goals such as upselling credit cards and accounts offered by PNC.
Production is ultimate goal
Senior Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 4, 2017
Each day involves different tax tasks to complete daily.Efficient filing of applicable tax returns is annual goal. Need more managers to allow employees to conform to policies and procedures.Co-workers very sociable and well mannered and best part of job.
Pros
cooperative employees, research support & benefits
Cons
job requirements, raises
PNC has flexible work arrangements and benefits are OK. It is hard to move up in the company as promotion from within has become rare.
Project Management Manager / Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 4, 2017
Pros
Flexible work arrangements
Cons
Overworked. too much work for time alloted

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PNC Bank. Our community is ready to answer.