PNC Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,375 reviews matching the search
If you want to excell apply for PNC bank
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 1, 2016
I love my job here. Its amazing. They give you opportunities to do any job you want. You dont have to go to school to be a banker they compeletely train you on everything you need to know
Poor Management, Glass Ceilings and Underpayment
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 31, 2016
PNC is notorious for underpaying their employees. The average education level of my department is a GED. I have a Masters and do not get paid equally. The management team creates a glass ceiling and an exclusionary environment. Out of 6 individuals with Masters, there will only be one individual left after I leave.
Pros
Work-Life Balance
Cons
Poor Management, Unhealthy Organizational Culture
Great Company
Branch Sales and Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAJuly 31, 2016
The company is very sales driven. Management can be tough. Good benefits, good bonuses, base pay is low but bonuses will make for that
PNC bank
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 30, 2016
I don't agree with the way that the treat African American employees. They have decent healthcare plans. The work environment was very unprofessional and chaotic. The pay was good, however the hectic atmosphere isn't worth it.
Pros
Cons
A lot
Operations Associate/Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILJuly 29, 2016
Great place to work, however, management could use some more training in communication. The incentive program which his based on your performance is great.
Great work/life balance
Core Consultant II (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 29, 2016
Besides dealing with the customer's calling frantically about their money I enjoy PNC. The team leads value your opinion.
Branch Sales and Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaver Falls, PAJuly 29, 2016
PNC was a great place to work. I had to move out of state with a significant other and there were no PNC's where I was moving. It was a shame I had to leave.
Good
Banking Teller Representative (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJuly 28, 2016
I started here when I was young and it was a great job that grew up with me. The customers are the best and it is great learning their stories and getting to know them. I have learned so much from this job a lot of young people my age probably know nothing about. Greatest opportunity I have had so far.
WBB (Web Based Banking) helps online banking customers to see past transactions and plan for future ones that will apply for selected accounts. WBB on
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 26, 2016
• Worked in the design and development phases of the application using ROR framework.
• Used Rails, AJAX, JSON, CSS and JQUERY to design the front end of the application. Back end of the application is developed mainly using Active Records.
• Created and deployed new features and amend existing features.
• Developed and tested many features in an AGILE environment using Ruby on Rails, HTML5, CSS JavaScript, Bootstrap, Rspec, and Html.
Great place to work. Hours are long.
Assistant Vice President, Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 25, 2016
Achieving goals is the main focus of the branch sales force.
Coaching and training are provided to achieve goals. Great place to work.
Flexibility in most teams, terrible compensation
Finance Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 25, 2016
While PNC can be flexible in most situations with work-life balance and setting work schedules, they do not seem to care about retaining good employees. I have seen many great employees leave over the last couple of years because of compensation. Employees for the most part, are not compensated competively and even when people receive promotions, they are sometimes still not receiving even a one dollar increase in salary.
Productive,
FIANCIAL SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 25, 2016
A typical day at an in-store PNC bank would be from 10am-730pm
Most of out time is spent cold calling a lot of the customers we encounter in the teller station and positioning products and services
Pros
Incentive pay is good
Cons
Work/Place balance is not good
banker
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 24, 2016
i work at pnc bank, its okay with just about everything, but the work in non rewarding, and the managers are crazy in the current low rate environment. they've lost their work/life balance appeal
Pros
generally decent hours
Cons
healthcare, underpaid compared to peer work, understaffed
PNC was a good bank to start my banking career
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomsbury, NJJuly 22, 2016
I learned a great deal at PNC. My immediate Supervisors were dedicated to our success, I was looking forward to going full time when the decision was made to move West. I was a Teller. Not a Branch Manager
Cons
wanted to go full time sooner
Ahead of the game in technology and always willing to teach
Teller Manager/Lead (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJuly 22, 2016
All in all I have been impressed with PNC as a company. They have taught me a lot and I learn new things every day.

I get to work with a variety of people.

PNC is always looking for new ways to increase they're roll in an ever-growing technologically advancing society. It's been fun being a part of PNC's development as a company.
Pros
Always looking to the future
Cons
Needing to perhaps focus back on "family first"
Good place to get experience
Finance Project Manager, Officer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 22, 2016
I was able to advance through PNC rather quickly with a lot of hard work and dedication. If you have the will to succeed they will assist you with your development.
Comfortable work environment
Core Card Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 22, 2016
Nice building and space to work in. Very friendly people. PNC puts you though a very thorough training called PNC University and it is intense and gives you all the tools to be successful.
The mgmt is good for the most part. Co-workers are helpful and very much work as a team...no matter what building you are located in. Hardest part of the job was mean customers. Most enjoyable was the majority of the customers were very nice.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Commute
Fun work place but not productive nor respectful
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 22, 2016
In my time working at PNC bank I had a lot of ups and down. Do I recommend working for this company? If you're ok with unqualified management, stressful pressure to meet referral goals (even though it's like high school with the undermining) and lack of overall employee engagement and focus than its paradise for you but the environment in which I worked was unbearable (they claim to be customer service oriented and not sales but it's a hypocritical delusion).There was drama every week, a lot of favoritism and management:employee out of-work-relationships. Poor communication between management and poor handling of day to day issues. Maybe I'm just one of the few that slipped through the cracks but I most definitely do not recommend anyone with morals to work for this company.
Pros
Benefits, o.k. Pay, no weekends/holidays
Cons
Strong sales atmosphere, no attention to detail, poor communication
Teller (Former Employee) –  Smiths Grove, KY and Bowling Green, KYJuly 20, 2016
I loved working for PNC Bank I regret leaving.

A typical day at PNC was friendly customer service. Normal bank teller duties.

Management was fair, and wonderful.

My co-workers were a pleasure to work with, and we all became friends who worked well together.

The hardest part of the job is if something went wrong, and a customer wasn't happy. The good part of that was someone is always there to make them understand, and leave happy.

The most enjoyable part of the job was pretty much everything. We all worked together like a well oiled machine. The busy times went by fast, and at the end of the day we were all happy and proud of our days work.

I'd give training an A+
I'd give the Managers an A+
I'd give my co-workers an A++
Over all products they offer an A+++

*If you are lucky enough to be a part of the PNC team you will love it.
Pros
PNC has great programs for teller deposits, and withdraws. They have wonderful rules in place to assure safety, and promote teller accuracy.
Cons
Good
FINANCIAL CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 19, 2016
Very tight team
Boss gives you daily action plans
Every week sale goals meeting
Small work place
Workers clean bank
Health Care very cheap
Pros
long lunch
Cons
work every day of the week and weekend 360 days a year