PNC Bank Employee Reviews

Found 2,999 reviews matching the search
i like my branch but do not care for the company as a whole
Teller (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 11, 2017
I have always been a hard worker, so working Is not an issue for me. but it becomes one when I am doing a ton load of work and not being compensated for it. I currently run all ATMS in my branch by myself because no one else is trained to do so. I should only be responsible for one. I also have clearance to do supervisor duties and task but I'm only a titled as a teller and receive teller pay. I even applied for the job and was denied it, even though I am currently "doing" the job now and has been for the past month. there has been other people here for many years and they said it has been years since the even got a raise in pay. and there are many days we don't even get a lunch because of staffing issues. my branch manager is awesome though and the only reason why PNC got this much of my time
Decent place to work....
Branch Sales and Service Associate (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 10, 2017
Nice people to work with. I enjoyed the customer interactions. The training outside of the branch was great but the on-the-job training was non-existent. I wasn't put in a position to succeed. Money wasn't bad, but it was very stressful being put into situations where you didn't know what to do and I couldn't go to anyone in the branch for help. Their answer was for me to use the company intranet or to call branch support. Not conducive for success. At least not for me.
Pros
Nice people to work with, weekends off
Cons
Very poor on-the-job training
Bank Teller
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Freeland, PAMay 10, 2017
Personal and Business deposits, Check cashing, preparing documents, selling, savings bonds, security boxes, Customer service. Maintaining and setting up accounts.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no room for advancement
It was a fun job, before the Better Way
Batch Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJMay 10, 2017
When I started at PNC, we had no computers, no spreadsheets of performance, and no problems. It was a very fun, exciting place to work. Every night, I watched people who wanted to get the work done. Get it in, get it processed, and get it out again. There was a real teamwork effort to everything.

Then the Better Way came. And when I was let go, I was happy for it. My heart goes out to those who still draw a paycheck under that system.
a company growing faster than they can support or understand
Private Client Group Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  central NJMay 10, 2017
technical infrastructure is hard to work with. Work support depends on who is available to you. Support is not always available. management structure is confusing.
Pros
work/life balance is extremely possible. not afraid to take sick days or vacation days
Cons
pay is not compensation to work on some levels.product pushing pressure
Working for PNC
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHMay 10, 2017
As I thrived for excellence and advancement, I ran into the obstacles of my first few weeks of physical training to be nonconstructive and passive at times. As I asked questions, gave my time to learn and be attentive I was more so rather ignored, undervalued and not trained to the best of my potential. PNC offers great benefits and I sacrifice my learning attributes. The company has much to offer but as I started from the ground up my foundation was not at all of that, that PNC I believe truly had to offer all around.
Pros
Great benefits, room to advance
Cons
Lack of employee attentiveness
UNIVERSAL BRANCH SALES & SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 10, 2017
PNC really is a great place to work. Though the compensation is not as high as other banks, there are many benefits and rewards that make up for it, including bonus money. It does seem hard to move into management positions from within the company, as I've seen less qualified individuals get jobs that I have applied for with little or no business or management experience.
Pros
Benefits, Work/life balance
Cons
Lower salary, hard to move up
Financial Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 10, 2017
Management for PNC was very lacking. They didnt know how to do their own job and tried to teach you how to do your own. And if you messed up doing your own job, they didnt assist you to fix it they just used it as a way to fire you, instead of a teaching point.
The Best Company I have ever worked for
Team Leader II /Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2017
I loved my job at PNC. They really invest in the growth and development of their managers. PNC offers quite a bit of continuous training at every level.
Good company!
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMay 10, 2017
Good company to get your career started! I started as a teller and noticed many opportunities to advance your career! however, the compensation is below industry standard.
Great learning experience.
Universal Branch Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 9, 2017
Exposed to every aspect of the banking industry. Able to move into different roles very often which is encouraged by all aspects of management. Work life balance is great.
Great Training
Branch Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 8, 2017
For the most part PNC has been a great place of employment. The regional leadership is great and they make sure to give you quality training during your time as an employee. They ensure that their employees are well versed in the things the company stands for.
Great Pay and Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, paMay 8, 2017
Many opportunities for advancement. Great company to work for with many benefits and amazing core values. PNC is not only concerned with customer satisfaction but also employee satisfaction.
Decent
Teller (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 7, 2017
Okay company to work for. The branch I'm located at is typically busy. There is some unfair treatment and I do not receive benefits as I am still a part time employee, however that changes after a year of employment. The atmosphere at my branch is fun and energetic. I love the people I work with, however, management could step it up.
Pros
Hour lunches, good pay, great people
Cons
Unfair pay to some, unfair treatment to some.
Well Balanced Company
Software Engineer Lead (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 7, 2017
This is a technology driven company and maintains a well balance between professional and personal life.

I have learned a lot of latest technology
Management is very employee friendly
Wonderful place to work great job environment !
LOA (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 7, 2017
The most enjoyable part of working at PNC is the people. I love my colleagues and management. I like the fact the my knowledge was challenged and grew. Hardest part of the job was the fact that the operations department was located back in Chicago, and time difference would sometimes be challenging.
Government Reporting was interesting and learning how everyday banking worked.
Government reporting (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMay 7, 2017
My job was to revue a days worth of branch transactions that were over $10,000 in cash from an individual or a business. I had a deadline with the IRS in reporting CTRs (Currency Transaction Reports) These reports had to be correct before sending off to the IRS. I had a week to review 1,000 to 2,500 CTRs to be sent off to the IRS. We also had to Quality Review each others work before submitting it to the IRS. This was a very detail oriented job, everything had to be correct before sending the work to the IRS.
stressful place to work
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 7, 2017
Poor Management, Bad Reputation among Realtors and customers, No back up, No training, stressful atmosphere. This review is for the mortgage side not the bank side.
Not much job security
Investment Associate (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJMay 6, 2017
Very much a fear driven culture. Aggressive sales targets and people are let go frequently. High turnover. Lack of training and poor technology. Management overall was short-sighted. Compromised long-term strategy for short-term goals even when they were unsustainable.
Pros
Good work/life balance - pretty steady 40 hrs/wk
Cons
Backwards
Not a very good place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 6, 2017
I wouldn't recommond to work there. I left after 9 years of service. Pnc does not care about their retail employees. They will make you feel like a number. Not job security, not trust.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PNC Bank. Our community is ready to answer.