PNC Financial Services Group Employee Reviews

Long
Retail Learning Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 16, 2017
Very long with low pay. PNC is a good company to work for only if you have the correct manager. I have learned you manager can make you job horrible. Many are good but some are just.... well no words.
Long hours no management support
Assistant Vice President/Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDOctober 16, 2017
Pnc is the only bank I have ever worked for that did not require dual control to open or close the branch. Often times you were there by yourself all day.
Work life Balance
Branch Sales & Service Associate (MLO) (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 16, 2017
Work life Balance is not balanced to well. The majority of my weekends I would often find myself having to put my family to the side to satisfy PNC and any additional free time / family time i would have to commit to PNC related activities.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Not enough time for my family
Alot required for little return
Branch Sales Service Associate (Current Employee) –  NJOctober 15, 2017
As a bssa you are required to exceed sales and have many goals which aren't reasonable based on your branch. Pay is low for the load work you take....
Branch Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 15, 2017
I really like my job I came with no banking experience but the training is very helpful I was able to earn a promotion in less than 6 months off being hired. They have a rule that you keep each position 1 year unless you have a written recommendation from your manager. My coworkers are great and very helpful and supportive. I have met several people who worked for the company who are either retired or quit that told me to stay it's a great place to work.
Pros
Vacation time in your first year
Cons
Lots of revolving empmoyees
Great benefits but poor management
Default specialist sr (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 14, 2017
Upper management has been degrading the quality and compansation of the job. Difficult to move up and raise are less than 1 percent. Bonus have difficult to come by and over the past 3 years have halved in the amount they pay out while manage have denied that they have.
Pros
Best 401k
Cons
Upper management disconnected
Grea work environment
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 14, 2017
Recommend - friendly atmosphere, good work/life balance, tuition reimbursement, ability to develop career path and develop additional skills.

Pleasant place to work!
Rocky start, terribble management
Teller (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 13, 2017
The training process was lengthy and frustrating. You were paid your reimbersments quickly, IF your manager approved them in a timely manner. Once, finally in my branch, the poor management continued and was validated by other employees. There was a lack of communication over the managers where abouts. She would come and go for hours as she pleased. We were not allowed actual breaks because of such a short staff. There was no extra coaching or help given after training, even though it was brought up to the branch manager as an issue. I personally felt demeaned and pushed aside by the branch manager.
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
Training procedures
Good full time job while in college
Branch Sales & Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJOctober 13, 2017
While in college, this was an ideal job. The flexible scheduling mixed with the busy workplace was productive. However, despite popular belief, this job is predominantly sales. Goals are set high and are difficult to meet unless you really know how to talk. You have to be willing to learn, as the coaching is there. I would only recommend to those who are willing to learn to strategically sell - and you must be a people person.
PNC - Good place to work
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  NCOctober 13, 2017
Very Challenging, motivating, and been blessed to work with great people. PNC is in growth market and looking to grow, so activities and sales are demanding. Good and diverse culture.
nice office to work in
Teller (Former Employee) –  Bloomsbury, NJOctober 13, 2017
I had a great supervisor and fantastic clients. I was only Peak Time so my hours were few and after 41/2 years I found a Full Time job with full benefits.
its a job
Teller (Current Employee) –  Westfield, NJOctober 13, 2017
Its a good place to work at if your good at making sales. I'm not a sale person so this is not the best fit for me. Customer service I'm good with its just a matter of being nice to ppl. Westfield is the worst place to be a teller just fyi.
Pros
vaction time, paid sick days, 45min lunch
Cons
6 day a week work weekes, short staffed, no communication
pnc
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 12, 2017
the job was very faced paced learned alot about cross selling and how to sell to people doing their grocery shopping and having to compete with a tradition branch that is in the same shopping center
managment
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 12, 2017
Not very impressed with managment or how they treat there employees. well over worked and not paid fairly. when reported to upper managment nothing gets done!
Typical collections shop
Administrative Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brecksville, OHOctober 11, 2017
This is a decent place to work. There is a cafeteria on site. They have a lot of extra activities and giveaways. it is a typical collections shop. They try to create an open environment.
It was cool
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 11, 2017
wasn't a horrible experience
Just a bit based off of favoritism in the call center in regards to advancement. Also, it is really stressful, you literally take your day home with you.
pnc excellent company
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 11, 2017
what ive learned from pnc is how to respect others and their opinions
pnc diverse work place and was fair to all the hardest part of the job was keeping up with the demand of work.
benefits
Cons
crazy day and crazy night
Senior Detection & Investigation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 11, 2017
Inbound and outbound calls to customers to verify credit an debit card activity.
fast paced with the hardest part being that a customer don't understand the process.
Pros
pay with benefits
Cons
short lunch breaks
Hep
Default Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 10, 2017
Closed loans for Home Equity products. Worked with loan officers and underwriters throughout the process. Very fast paced position and very challenging
A stressful place to work
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 10, 2017
I received very little support as an advisor at PNC. Additionally, the management style was that of lecturing on a regular basis, not of growing and developing people. The expectations were unreasonable. The branch managers were not rewarded financially for the business the Advisor generated. They were told to do it but there was no incentive. Moving from branch to branch was difficult, only being in my "office" once or twice a week. Towards the end of 2015 I was informed that my percentage payout was going to decrease by 20%. I found that unacceptable and began to look for new employment.
Pros
The people in the branches were nice
Cons
Horrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PNC Financial Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.