PNC Financial Services Group Employee Reviews

Never Again
Banker (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHDecember 9, 2017
I obviously quit my position at PNC for lack of advanced opportunities that were presented to me. I was constantly over goal each month. Not a great place to work.
Good
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 8, 2017
Good place to work in, okay management.
Monday to Saturday. most holidays off. The pay is better than any other bank. good environment. will learn a lot
Pros
3 week paid vacation
Cons
short lunches, long training
A productive and steady work enviornment
Financial Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, MDDecember 8, 2017
A typical day at work involved a steady flow of calls. I learned a lot about account handling and opening accounts and how to take more calls in a call center setting than I had before.
Pros
wonderful staff and co workers
Cons
The company closed the site
great place to work
Data Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 8, 2017
PNC was a great starting place for me in the financial institution industry. I left my job with PNC for an advancement opportunity within the bank with PFPC Trust Company.
Pros
excellent learning opportunities
Terrible management
PNC bank teller and lobby management (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDDecember 8, 2017
Terrible management, they put a lot on with little pay, referral expectations is out of this world, you do something good no praise and soon as you mess up the whole world has ended, and there just no respect. Only good thing about being a teller was my fellow colleagues.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
pay, management, part time benefits
Don't get pregnant or have small children
Branch Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHDecember 8, 2017
If you get pregnant your days are numbered, and depending on what area your branch is in, don't expect diversity. I was bullied while pregnant, made to lift heavy things and my lunch was my only break.
Pros
benifts arent bad
Cons
everuthing else
overall good
Teller (Former Employee) –  Lagrange, KYDecember 8, 2017
Working at PNC was enjoyable with the branch personnel. Fast paced with an emphasis on sales, rather than customer service for beginning employees. Great schedule.
Pros
good work/life balance
Cons
more sales than expected
no comments
NJ - Senior Financial Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  chews landingDecember 8, 2017
good bank, very good training and management , workplace culture good, good learning experiences, very busy branches, bank believes
in career advancement for their employees.
Stressful work environment
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILDecember 7, 2017
They act like they care about the customers, but all they want are sales. They concentrate on the PNC conversation which centers around clients finances. The goal of this conversation is to get clients to move over their investments to PNC or to sell them a financial service that isn't necessarily needed.
Financial Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VADecember 7, 2017
Great training program. The work atmosphere is friendly and inviting. Managers seem genuinely concerned about your performance and agreadvancement. Opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Teller
Teller (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJDecember 7, 2017
Not the best environment very complicated for part-time employees to do other things besides work. If you are a student make sure to be flexible as they will not be.
Na
Business Banking Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 7, 2017
NA

No sharing information about a company I no longer work for you want me information get in contact with them by calling local branch or applying onliine.
Many times the situation could be stressful with Customer service.
Financial Sales Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 6, 2017
This bank was located in a poor area in the city. Twice while I was there the bank was robbed once with gun and the other a bomb threat. I enjoyed helping people with their finances as car loans, mortgages, opening savings and checking accounts and assisting our customers with day to day financial needs.
Pros
I enjoy working with numbers and people
Cons
Robberies was not too pleasant
Treasury Management Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIDecember 6, 2017
A great place to work. Pay is good and people are friendly. I have learned a lot in all different areas of banking from each department I have worked in.
Pros
you can work your way up.
Cons
The constant downsizing. You don't know how long you will have a job.
Laid back and Friendly
Teller Supervisor/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2017
A typical day at work was opening the branch and assisted customer by opening account, performing teller transactions and etc.
I learned how to navigate through a very unstructured guidelines. It taught me to think outside the box in order to execute completion of projects.
The culture was somewhat laid back. I would have liked to see more consistency and structure to create a better employee moral.
The most enjoyable part of the job was doing the job itself. I loved being a teller supervisor and leading my example.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Lack of structure and consistency
Terrible place to work!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIDecember 5, 2017
I worked for pnc for 3+ years and the environment is great, but the management is terrible, the expectations are high and unrealistic. The pay is terrible as well, and fun fact pnc employees make the same amount as Aldi cashiers (how?). Oh and if you quit or get fired all paid vacation time has to be paid back. The turn over rate for pnc is the highest in Kalamazoo (another fun fact). So if you don’t mind having managers look over your shoulder and punish you for every little thing you do and if you’re willing to receive the same pay as a cashier for 10x the work than pnc is the place for you. I wouldn’t recommend wasting your time. It’s not worth the stress and headache.
Meh
Customer Service Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 5, 2017
I worked in a call center in Pittsburgh.

The Good:
They offer competitive pay. I was making $16.58 or something like that. The turnover is so bad they almost have to. On that note, you can tell the company is trying really hard to make it a good place to work, so maybe it wasn't at the top of it's game when I left, but it's heading in a really good direction.

The Bad:
You are literally just getting yelled out by customers who can't manage their money and need someone else to blame. What's worse is PNC does not care.
Pros
Proactive HSAs
Cons
Customer interactions
Wire Technician III (Former Employee) –  Philadephia, PADecember 5, 2017
I loved my job but I needed more money so I took a banking job in suburbs....Worst move ever. Money does not trump working for a company you enjoy working for.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
Does not pay enough
Great Place to Work
SOFTWARE ENGINEER I/II (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 5, 2017
PNC offers ok benefits, but really benefit in the environment. I feel that the environment is great for creativity and motivation. Management creates a collective group effort.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Advancements
Pnc bank
Vice President Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Cresskill, NJDecember 5, 2017
I was a branch manager for 5 years. It was a great place to work until they had a change in the Regional Manager. I left after 5 years of being their due to that change.If not for that reason i feel i would still be there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PNC Financial Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.