PNM Resources

PNM Resources United States Employee Reviews

PNM Resources is a great place to work.
Analyst, Customer Service Resolution (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMOctober 2, 2014
Pros: pnm resources values employees by providing competative benefit and a positive working environment.
Cons: pnm resources can be doing more to develope people, and eliminate the need to hire management from outside of the company.
I am afforded to opportunity to work with brilliant people on a daily basis who share a common goal to ultimately provide our customers with reliable electricity and excellent customer service.
I have learned that it takes a team effort to deliver on our goals; someone once said customer service is not just a department it is an attitude and I cannot agree more. Finding the right balance between interdepartmental objectives is achieved by bringing all stakeholders to the table to discuss options and achieve solutions that both satisfy the customer and the business requirements.
Management is relatively new in comparison to the workforce. This has presented challenges as well as opportunities. The electric utility business by nature is very complicated. Without a solid understanding of all of the moving parts and how they work together management is forced to rely on individuals to deliver on operational goals; individuals who may not always be the best fit for the task at hand. At the same time, new management offers insight that may be overlooked by those who have been in place for extended times and have lost his or her ability to think outside of the box.
My co-workers are mix of highly motivated, career minded, individuals and many who are nearing retirement. This presents an opportunity to bring together new ideas and test them against institutional knowledge and past failures and successes.
This mix takes me to the hardest part of my job: bringing fresh ideas to the table with the understanding that the existing culture may dampen an opportunity for growth.
That being – more... said, the most enjoyable part of the job is when new ideas are considered and acted upon. Taking new ideas and injecting knowledge that can only be attained by years of experience and allowing for the meaningful input of all stakeholders, at every level, can bring great satisfaction.
The degree of excitement that comes from taking something mediocre, applying new thinking, and deriving a positive result cannot be understated. Every success I have experience at PNM Resources has been the result of team collaboration. – less
Management Not Fair To Employees
Analyst (Former Employee), TexasApril 19, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
Management needs to training on how to manage employees. Human Resources department is useless. No room for advancement within company. Most managers micro-manage. Most regular employees are a joy to work with. Very friendly. This place reminds you ar a slave camp.
Great Place
Senior Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee), AlbuquerqueNovember 29, 2012
Awesome work and great teams!!
Very busy daily, but always enjoyed the job
Productive, fun place
Accountant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 24, 2012
Nice place to work, not team environment, Company had financial hardship and bought by other company
PNM Resources, Administrator, Coroporate Communications
Administrator, Corporate Communications (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 24, 2012
PNM was a great place to work with wonderfully creative and bright people. Employees were treated as professionals with the ability to approach upper management at any time. PNM was very pro-active in training employees and providing the best and latest technology to its employees. I very much enjoyed my nearly 20-year career with PNM. It was a wonderful learning experience.

June 19, 2012

PNM is a great place to work, great people to work with. I left the company thinking other companies would be better and missed working at PNM. Managers are very professional and if I got the opportunity, I will work there again.