PNM Resources Employee Reviews

It's work
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Waterflow, NMOctober 3, 2017
I was stationed at a generating station. I would clean/sanitize all areas specified from management. Worked nights and sometimes we would do 12 shifts when the generating station went full time.
Only in business for the Stock holders
None of your business (Current Employee) –  Power OperationsSeptember 6, 2017
Unless you are already making millions of dollars a year you don't want to be a part or PNM, because PNM will not care about you. Middle management is powerless to help their employees in any way and upper management doesn't care. You will be bullied to perform with little to no resources and berated when you fail. If by some miracle you succeed, there is no recognition but to acknowledge you did your job and to pile more work on top of you. DO NOT EVER work for this company in any capacity.
Pros
You get a pay check
Cons
You will never have any type of life outside of work.
Financially struggling to meet EPA demands
Senior Sourcing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterflow, NMFebruary 16, 2017
Currently going through reorganization and layoffs.

EPA regulations and state regulatory commission forcing changes such as generation being retired.
Excellent pay. Poor management
Senior Corporate Counsel (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 28, 2016
The best thing about PNM was the compensation, which was high for a utility company, particularly in this area. The bad part is that it's not a well managed company. A lot of infighting among senior management, some departments becoming absolutely toxic. It's every man for himself here; no one has anyone else's back. Rest assured your boss will not look out for you.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
work atmosphere, some toxic departments
Overall a solid company to work for
project manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 2, 2015
It is an old business model that is evolving into the new energy economy and striving to become more profitable in an ever changing environment.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Work life ballance
Pnm
Maintinance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Juan Generating StationOctober 21, 2015
The pay is great the employees are great but management is lacking. They have no direction and thats the worst part of the job. Culture is of gotcha now and not in growing talent. It is a dangerous filthy environment.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything Else
Stay away
Sr. System Operator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque,NMSeptember 8, 2015
Its the Good Ol' boy system. PNM promotes on Tenure not leadership skills. System Operations moves hours to avoid paying overtime. Do not expect any bonuses, Huge turnover rate, HR is aware and does nothing. The Operations Director has little to no operational experience, Management lets other departments dictate policy and does not back the Operators. Most of the Operators have little to no experience, but were a pleasure to work with. PNM has great trades workers, was a pleasure to work with the field crews. Benefits were horrible. Most Doctors do not accept the PNM insurance. Worst career move I have made to date. 10 years in System Operations.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
too many to list.
a typical day
Customer Service Rep Level (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 6, 2014
I so enjoyed my job at PNM they made it fun we could surf the web and read magazines as we waited for calls we had televisions for us to watch also we played games. It was a fun enviorment
PNM Resources is a great place to work.
Analyst, Customer Service Resolution (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 2, 2014
I am afforded to opportunity to work with brilliant people on a daily basis who share a common goal to ultimately provide our customers with reliable electricity and excellent customer service.
I have learned that it takes a team effort to deliver on our goals; someone once said customer service is not just a department it is an attitude and I cannot agree more. Finding the right balance between interdepartmental objectives is achieved by bringing all stakeholders to the table to discuss options and achieve solutions that both satisfy the customer and the business requirements.
Management is relatively new in comparison to the workforce. This has presented challenges as well as opportunities. The electric utility business by nature is very complicated. Without a solid understanding of all of the moving parts and how they work together management is forced to rely on individuals to deliver on operational goals; individuals who may not always be the best fit for the task at hand. At the same time, new management offers insight that may be overlooked by those who have been in place for extended times and have lost his or her ability to think outside of the box.
My co-workers are mix of highly motivated, career minded, individuals and many who are nearing retirement. This presents an opportunity to bring together new ideas and test them against institutional knowledge and past failures and successes.
This mix takes me to the hardest part of my job: bringing fresh ideas to the table with the understanding that the existing culture may dampen an opportunity for growth.
That
  more... being said, the most enjoyable part of the job is when new ideas are considered and acted upon. Taking new ideas and injecting knowledge that can only be attained by years of experience and allowing for the meaningful input of all stakeholders, at every level, can bring great satisfaction.
The degree of excitement that comes from taking something mediocre, applying new thinking, and deriving a positive result cannot be understated. Every success I have experience at PNM Resources has been the result of team collaboration.
Pros
PNM Resources values employees by providing competative benefit and a positive working environment.
Cons
PNM Resources can be doing more to develope people, and eliminate the need to hire management from outside of the company.
Management Not Fair To Employees
Analyst (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 19, 2013
Management needs to training on how to manage employees. Human Resources department is useless. No room for advancement within company. Most managers micro-manage. Most regular employees are a joy to work with. Very friendly. This place reminds you ar a slave camp.
benefits
Cons
management
Great Place
Senior Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  AlbuquerqueNovember 29, 2012
Awesome work and great teams!!
Very busy daily, but always enjoyed the job
Productive, fun place
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 24, 2012
Nice place to work, not team environment, Company had financial hardship and bought by other company
PNM Resources, Administrator, Coroporate Communications
Administrator, Corporate Communications (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 24, 2012
PNM was a great place to work with wonderfully creative and bright people. Employees were treated as professionals with the ability to approach upper management at any time. PNM was very pro-active in training employees and providing the best and latest technology to its employees. I very much enjoyed my nearly 20-year career with PNM. It was a wonderful learning experience.