Pocono Medical Center

Pocono Medical Center Employer Reviews

Not a place for a career
Cardiac Service/ Exercise Physiologist (Former Employee), east stroudsburg, paJanuary 9, 2015
- terrible coworkers
- poor patient care
- -terrible time management
- nurses Union so there is a lot of sitting around
- very boring job
- dirty facility
Productive workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), East Stroudsburg, PAJanuary 4, 2015
I most enjoyed communicating with patients, coworkers and my management team. My coworkers and management team were very easy going and understanding.
The best co-workers I could ever imagine.
RN Emergency Department (Current Employee), East Stroudsburg, PANovember 19, 2014
I have been at Pocono Medical Center for almost 30 years. The hardest part of the job names on one to blame. The health system for psychiatric patients is lacking in all areas. Pocono does employ 24/7 crisis intervention specialists that work along with the psych nurse to facilitate the patient receiving what they need to become contributing members of society.
Great work environment
Medical Home Front End Specialist (Current Employee), Bartonsville, PANovember 16, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Great co-workers Dr's and supervisors! I enjoy working with the public and this is a great place to do so.
New President in 2014 Big Improvement
Care. (Current Employee), East Stroudsburg, PASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, cafeteria food is excellent.
Cons: a few hold-outs from the old regime.
The fear and intimidation are gone now thanks to our new President. It feels great coming to work again finally, I can focus on my job instead of watching my back. Teamwork instead of sabotage.
Fast pace
Radiology Support Technician (Current Employee), East Stroudsburg, PASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: short shifts
Folding lots of clothing
How to organize large amounts of products
Very organised, friendly
Friendly, helpful
Staying motivated
Discounts
Horrible working environment
management (Former Employee), Pocono medical centerAugust 6, 2014
Pros: starting pay
Cons: retaliation, unprofessionalism, human resources and management
Horrible human resource department. Management does not care about their employees. No advancement opportunities in most departments. Unqualified employees in positions. Benefits are absolutely horrible! Outsiders are not welcomed. No raises. Employer retaliation happens often. Very unorganized work environment. Very negative work atmosphere. Very unprofessional care towards patients. Dirty and unhealthy work environment. If you are good worker with good work ethic, motivation, and drive, you may not be happy here due to the above reasons.
fun
Gastroenterology Assistant (Former Employee), East Stroudsburg, PAAugust 2, 2014
Carefree learning something new everyday. Working with different doctors and being able to see different procedures and be apart of a great team.
Very productive and room for advancement.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Current Employee), East Stroudsburg, PAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: lunches from drug representatives
Cons: no pay raises, even with pretty good evals.
A typical work day with my co-workers is very busy and interesting. You never know what to expect when you get to work. The hardest part of the job is working with a manager that micro manage. With the manager we have, we can't even ask how one's week or weekend was, without asking "do you guys need something to do". I love my co-workers and how we work together as a "work family". The most enjoyable part of the job is doing my job and doing it well.
The hospital may have it's problems just like any other facilty,but I have to say that the Trauma program is great,working as a mid level provider.
Physician Assistant/Trauma and General Surgery (Current Employee), East Stroudsburg, PAJuly 21, 2014
This is a rich atmosphere to learn in.It is a level 3 trauma center that receives a majority of level one trauma cases.First Assisting surgical exposure is fantastic and you help in other surgical specialties.Your team is like your family.The hours are not as desirable if you have a family,without though it's great!Salary was pretty competitive.
Busy Hospital
X-ray / MRI Technologist (Former Employee), East Stroudsburg, PAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: fast paced, friends made and exposure to the field
Cons: when i was there, the manager
It was a great place to learn the trade. It is a fast paced department. So be ready to work. Made some life long friends there. Working 2nd shift was great. Some great Doctors I work with and for.
PHTLS Instructor
Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support Instructor (Current Employee), Stroudsburg, PAJune 13, 2014
This is a two times or more a year 16 hour course that the hospital puts on for pre hospital workers to advance their knowledge and critical thinking skills during traumatic calls.
Small town hospital
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), East Stroudsburg, PAJune 11, 2014
Although Pocono Medical Center would be considered a small hospital compared to larger hospitals in big cities, it provides many services that larger hospitals provide with a caring staff, many whom have worked for this organization for many years. There are many opportunities to advance within the organization and my experience with the managers have been that they are understanding when illness may befall your family member.
Pocono Medical Center
Volunteer (Former Employee), East Stroudsburg, PAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: paid lunch, interaction between amazing community members
Cons: n/a
This was a great hospital that I had the chance to volunteer at during my undergraduate career at East Stroudsburg University.

I felt the amazing team atmosphere amongst every community member that I met, and I felt proud to volunteer my efforts in my community.
I felt very unhappy working here.
Nightshift Generalist and Charge Technician (Former Employee), E Stroudsburg, PAMarch 16, 2014
Management seem to be uncaring toward staff. promotions and dayshift jobs went to friends and no to people with seniority that deserved the positions.
Nothing further to add.
Nurse's Assistant (Current Employee), East Stroudsburg, PAFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: lots to mentiojn
Cons: a few
Any other questions will answered during an interview process.
Enjoyed the Temporary Assignment
Healtcare Practice Administrator (Former Employee), East Stroudsburg, PAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: great people to work for
Cons: distance live near bethlehem
Interviewed for 90 day temp position at Pocono in Executive Office, project just ended after 9 1/2 months.
Volunteer (Former Employee), East Stroudsburg, PAJanuary 28, 2014
It allowed you to gain and enhance skills I didn't know that I had
Comfortable and enjoyable environment
Volunteer (Current Employee), East Stroudsburg, PAJanuary 8, 2014
I work the front desk at the main entrance which requires me to interact with every person who comes in. I fill out visitor passes for everyone that does not work at the hospital. I also answer the phone and help anyone with whatever it is they need. I help around the hospital with anything any floor may need such as: discharging a patient in a wheelchair, taking important documents to a different location, or transporting someone to a different room. I enjoy interacting with people and I get to meet some of the most down to earth people that make my job so enjoyable.I learned that even when things get really hectic and busy, working as a team is what everyone needs to do. We all rely on each other when it comes to getting everything done.
Fast paced enviroment
Phlebotomy Technician Extern (Former Employee), East Stroudsburg, PADecember 17, 2013
Pros: fast paced, excellent benefits
Cons: bad managment, very low pay
Co-workers in the lab are all very catty which makes working there uncomfortable.