Pocono Medical Center Employee Reviews

Pmc
RN ED Case Manager/UR (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PAJuly 4, 2017
The good old boys club. Management are easily swayed and intimidated by staffers. Disorganized, They've been through so many Directors that they pretty much call their own shots. Now a larger hospital system has acquired PMC, maybe things are different.
Pros
Enjoyable co-workers
Cons
Disorganized with no real leadership
Lvh-p
Cardiac Data Manager (Current Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAJune 27, 2017
I enjoy working at a community hospital where people know each other and have a working relationship. We do have a culture of resistance to change, however, with a strong union mentality.
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAJune 23, 2017
Great experience with getting a look into the medical field... helped discharge patients, direct calls, great supervisor, great team building experience.
educational work place
RN med/surg floor nurse, Same Day Surgery (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAJune 19, 2017
I enjoyed working with the people and learning al the different procedures. I had to insert many IVs daily, as well as assessing patients before and after surgery was completed.
Pros
different procedures learned
Cons
being laid off
Productive, great peiple to work with
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAJune 14, 2017
Colleagues work together to provide the best care to the patients. Multidisciplinary teams connect to advance healthcare and provide efficient plans for patients needs
friendly and positive atmosphere
STAFF PHYSICAL THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAMay 29, 2017
This facility offers a wealth of care and while working there you will be able to enhance your skill set and develop interdisciplinary relationships to further your career.
Overall nice environment
Preceptorship Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PAMay 8, 2017
As any other healthcare facilities, it is a highly stressful environment. I learned many skills that will help me in my career. Staff is for the most part friendly.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAApril 26, 2017
I worked in customer service, very high call volume. Not flexible, and a very rigid dress code. Office was mostly women. The job itself was easy but the pay was not very good.
Pros
Healthcare
Proper
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PAApril 21, 2017
This company follows all rules and regulations to a T. Their management seems to not know what is going on at all times and can be stressed, over worked and under paid, not all employees practice morals.
Work Hard...paid very little...
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAApril 4, 2017
Many employees there are not happy and then some have lucked out. For the most part, they want to squeeze all they can from you but not willing to pay you nor half the departments there what you're worth. A lot of miscommunication and lack of fair/strong leadership roles. With the new merger, morale and job security is out the door.
Pros
Periodic Rewards
Cons
Lack of proper advancement and pay.
Pocono Medical Center as a new LPN grad.
LPN, Medical Surgical (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAFebruary 17, 2017
I could not have become the nurse that I am today without the skills, knowledge and guidance obtained from the nurses I worked with. My 12 hour shift 3 shifts a week were manageable thanks to my coworkers and nurse manager. I took care of a wide range of medical surgical patients that helped build on my knowledge base.
Pros
Medical Benifits
Cons
Poor Matrix, understaffed.
I worked
Supervisor and Interim Manager (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAFebruary 7, 2017
I do not want to give an opinion publically as I would not think they would give pro and con opinion of my employment publicly. This is confidential information.
Pros
I worked
Cons
I worked
Fast paced
PHYSICAL THERAPY AIDE (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PAJanuary 31, 2017
Working in the Physical Therapy Outpatient Department was very rewarding. It was wonderful seeing patients come in and having improvement in their daily living.
When it was privately owned it wasn't great
Shipping and Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAJanuary 11, 2017
The Ex CEO and management was very lackluster as far as employee appreciation and team building skills. The departments worked great together as far as communication.
Emergency room
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAJanuary 2, 2017
The hospital itself is very very busy. They have a high patient turnover, no patient ratios for nurses but the nursing staff are excellent and they provide good quality care. The doctors are excellent and communicate well with the nurses. Management is very poor correlating with the recent changes and layoffs.
Pros
Knowledgeable nursing staff and doctors
Cons
really had a break or lunch
Review
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PADecember 19, 2016
Working as a housekeeper at Pocono Medical was alright. Being a housekeeper at any company or establishment you get treated like your invisible. To everyone a housekeeper is the lowest job you can ever have. I liked that job because of the experience it gave me to work in a hospital setting.
Professional and fun at the same time.
Clinical Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PADecember 10, 2016
We're good at what we do and make our patients feel as comfortable as possible. I treat my patients as people and that's what sets us apart in our department.
Incredible work experience
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAOctober 16, 2016
I loved working at Pocono medical center. I worked primarily on the orthopedic and cancer floor as a social work case manager. I have also covered other units as well. This hospital is were I learned how be a great social worker. The experience was life changing. My supervisor was incredible from her knowledge and experience to kindness and compassion for patients and co-workers. I would have never have left this job however I needed to re-locate due to my commute being 80 minutes one way.
Nice Place to Work
Writer (Current Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAMay 20, 2016
I have worked at Pocono Medical Center since 2004 and can honestly say that I've always been treated very well here by my managers and co-workers. I've been lucky to work in collaborative environments here where my colleagues and managers consider my input and ideas. You are expected to work hard, and on some days the hours can be long, but in my experience here the hard work is appreciated. Management recognized the areas where I excelled, and supported me as I changed positions. PMC gives excellent benefits and salaries as well. I've met some of my closest friends working at PMC. Also, it's been nice to see the growth here at PMC over the years and all we've accomplished as a team. I've enjoyed my time working at PMC and would highly recommend employment here.
Pros
Collaborative environment, rapid growth, excellent salary/benefits
Working at the VNA/Hospice
LPN (Former Employee) –  East StroudsburgMarch 11, 2016
I worked for a short time as a nurse for the VNA (visiting nurse association. What a disaster. The scheduler seems to think she is everyone's boss. She dictates and bosses people around. Nurses have complained about her several times, and yet she is still there thinking she is the boss.

During orientation they had a student nurse come out with me? Why in the world would you have a student nurse coming out with a brand new nurse to the company who is on orientation?

My supervisor did not agree with that and did not want that to happen but it appears the scheduler made the last decision. As I said she is the boss.

People have expressed their concerns and upsets about this scheduler with no outcome. I expressed my concerns about her and how I was being treated and two days later I was fired.

They live and work like they are still in the 80's. They use pagers, all your work in done on paper instead of laptops and you have to listen to 100 messages on the phone about absolutely ridiculous things that do not apply to you or your job.

They had me training with nurses that had less experience than I did. I knew more and did more than other nurses that were training me.
And the scheduler picked and chose her favorites and gave them good schedules, on the other hand nurses she didn't like were driving over 100 miles a day. One day I drove over 100 miles for only 3 patients. I also expressed that to my supervisor and two days later I was fired with no notice or explanation.
OMG one of the worst places I have ever worked!!!!!!

My beeper was constantly
  more... going off while I was trying to perform wound care. They have the LPN on weekends see patients and work in the office picking up orders and writing up referrals.

They don't tell you this when your hired. It's a horrible place to work and only 2 people were nice to me. Otherwise people were rude and inconsiderate. My supervisor was hardly involved with my orientation. I felt like I was always on my own and the scheduler was my boss and person to report to.
Pros
Cons
Poor work environment, they make you stay in the office until 4:30 answering phones if there is not enough work, too much travel, too many messages to listen to on the phone, unfriendly, and felt like I was dealing with children.