Pocono Medical Center

Pocono Medical Center Employee Reviews

Always looking to improve
Patient Food Service Manager (Current Employee), East Stroudsburg, PAJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Free meals
Cons: Short staff
Constantly changing to improve. Lack of communication. The hardest part is communicating to all employees. There are lack of real incentives to encourage positive work ethics and those that go above and beyond.
Understaffed and underappreciated!
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee), East Stroudsburg, PAMay 18, 2015
Cons: scarce breaks, poor management
We go many days without breaks in fear of patient safety. Employees care more than management. Look at all the postings for management positions. Don't you see the trend? Someone needs to come to the Poconos and rescue this area from 3rd world care! Oh wait... St Luke's is!
fun place to work
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), East Stroudsburg, PAMay 12, 2015
A unique thing to work in the Emergency Room of a hosital where everthing is happening and can be happing at the same time

Extremely busy Team work a must Must be able to multitask at all times must be able to work by yourself
Hard place to work no room for real advancement
materials management (Former Employee), East Stroudsburg, PAMay 7, 2015
Pros: great family medical benefits
Cons: Hard and emotional work environment
Difficult work with poor management and team operations lack luster pay only good thing was helping people and the benefits
Productive, helpful and professional environment.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), East Stroudsburg, PAApril 28, 2015
At Pocono Medical Center, I worked on the Orthopedic Med Surg/Trauma unit. It was a very hectic and productive floor. Having assigned 4-8 patients, my duties were to assess, document, medicate and overall provide the best patient care. Working on a busy floor, there were always a set of hands to help when needed. Working with management and my co-workers was definitely a team effort.
Small network with not many opportunities to grow and low wage.
Registration Representative (Former Employee), East Stroudsburg, PAApril 22, 2015
Nice work atmosphere and good benefits, but not many opportunites to advance .Attendance policy very strict and labor employees are part of a union.
Confusing
Certified Nursing Assistant- Technician (Former Employee), E Stroudsburg, PAMarch 31, 2015
Pocono Medical Center an ok place, but the staff is overworked and understaffed there and none are getting the pay deserved at all. The employees are nice to you, but you can see that there is a mixture of satisfied and not so satisfied people there. It depends on the dept, floor, and title.
Great work environment
CHIPRA Project Coordinator (Current Employee), East Stroudsburg, PAFebruary 19, 2015
During my time as a student intern I was able to meet a lot of great people and learn a lot. Everyone was more than willing to assist me and it was a very welcoming environment. Overall a great place that I would recommend.
DIRECTOR OF ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES (Former Employee), East Stroudsburg, PAJanuary 13, 2015
Clean and safe environment. Staff and management very friendly and respectful
Not a place for a career
Cardiac Service/ Exercise Physiologist (Former Employee), east stroudsburg, paJanuary 9, 2015
- terrible coworkers
- poor patient care
- -terrible time management
- nurses Union so there is a lot of sitting around
- very boring job
- dirty facility
Productive workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), East Stroudsburg, PAJanuary 4, 2015
I most enjoyed communicating with patients, coworkers and my management team. My coworkers and management team were very easy going and understanding.
The best co-workers I could ever imagine.
RN Emergency Department (Current Employee), East Stroudsburg, PANovember 19, 2014
I have been at Pocono Medical Center for almost 30 years. The hardest part of the job names on one to blame. The health system for psychiatric patients is lacking in all areas. Pocono does employ 24/7 crisis intervention specialists that work along with the psych nurse to facilitate the patient receiving what they need to become contributing members of society.
Great work environment
Medical Home Front End Specialist (Current Employee), Bartonsville, PANovember 16, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Great co-workers Dr's and supervisors! I enjoy working with the public and this is a great place to do so.
New President in 2014 Big Improvement
Care. (Current Employee), East Stroudsburg, PASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, cafeteria food is excellent.
Cons: a few hold-outs from the old regime.
The fear and intimidation are gone now thanks to our new President. It feels great coming to work again finally, I can focus on my job instead of watching my back. Teamwork instead of sabotage.
Fast pace
Radiology Support Technician (Current Employee), East Stroudsburg, PASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: short shifts
Folding lots of clothing
How to organize large amounts of products
Very organised, friendly
Friendly, helpful
Staying motivated
Discounts
Horrible working environment
management (Former Employee), Pocono medical centerAugust 6, 2014
Pros: starting pay
Cons: retaliation, unprofessionalism, human resources and management
Horrible human resource department. Management does not care about their employees. No advancement opportunities in most departments. Unqualified employees in positions. Benefits are absolutely horrible! Outsiders are not welcomed. No raises. Employer retaliation happens often. Very unorganized work environment. Very negative work atmosphere. Very unprofessional care towards patients. Dirty and unhealthy work environment. If you are good worker with good work ethic, motivation, and drive, you may not be happy here due to the above reasons.
fun
Gastroenterology Assistant (Former Employee), East Stroudsburg, PAAugust 2, 2014
Carefree learning something new everyday. Working with different doctors and being able to see different procedures and be apart of a great team.
Very productive and room for advancement.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Current Employee), East Stroudsburg, PAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: lunches from drug representatives
Cons: no pay raises, even with pretty good evals.
A typical work day with my co-workers is very busy and interesting. You never know what to expect when you get to work. The hardest part of the job is working with a manager that micro manage. With the manager we have, we can't even ask how one's week or weekend was, without asking "do you guys need something to do". I love my co-workers and how we work together as a "work family". The most enjoyable part of the job is doing my job and doing it well.
The hospital may have it's problems just like any other facilty,but I have to say that the Trauma program is great,working as a mid level provider.
Physician Assistant/Trauma and General Surgery (Current Employee), East Stroudsburg, PAJuly 21, 2014
This is a rich atmosphere to learn in.It is a level 3 trauma center that receives a majority of level one trauma cases.First Assisting surgical exposure is fantastic and you help in other surgical specialties.Your team is like your family.The hours are not as desirable if you have a family,without though it's great!Salary was pretty competitive.
Busy Hospital
X-ray / MRI Technologist (Former Employee), East Stroudsburg, PAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: fast paced, friends made and exposure to the field
Cons: when i was there, the manager
It was a great place to learn the trade. It is a fast paced department. So be ready to work. Made some life long friends there. Working 2nd shift was great. Some great Doctors I work with and for.

1 2 3