PODS Employee Reviews

Great job, very interesting and fun
DELIVERY DRIVER/EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Bethal heights, ArJune 11, 2017
Demanding but fun and interesting. Owner is great, can't say the same for the other employee but there is one of those at every job. Priceless seat time. Great experience
Pros
Good owner. Good benefits.
Cons
Saturdays.
good office culture. no advancement.
IT Help Desk Technician II (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 1, 2017
I had a great time working with my team, but after years working there, there was no advancement in my position or duties, and only little advancement in my compensation. The turnover rate for senior level admins was astonishing.
Horrible worst company i ever worked for
Lead driver (Former Employee) –  Valley Cottage, NYMay 30, 2017
They don't care about hours of service I was forced a few times to work over 40 hours, they have gotten into trouble numerous times with dot about hours of service and they are quick to clock you out right before you hit 14 and whatever you went over by they out it on the next day. Management smiles in your face but are quick to talk about you behind your back.
Pros
Money is ok, benefits are good
Cons
They dont factor in lunch breaks into your route just keep goinf from stop to stop
Great Place to work!
Customer Service / Sales (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 24, 2017
I only worked here part time, but enjoyed my time with the company. I had to move on to obtain full time employment. If I had the opportunity to become full-time I would.
great place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 8, 2017
My day would start at 6am with 10 to 15 pickups/deliveries. I learned how to operate a hydraulic lift and maneuver it around cars, trees and other obstacles. Management was unproductive and not very helpful. I loved the work and really enjoyed working with the customers. The hardest part of the job was the management and employees inability to work as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job overall, the customer interaction.
Pros
balance of income to family
Cons
no team work
It was a good place for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 30, 2017
We were bought out twice in 3 months new owners don't pay holidays no advancement keep telling you they want the good drivers on the road they will tell full time drivers theres no work the next day but bring part time people in that day
Pros
Cons
Bad manager
Great Company
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 9, 2017
I worked at PODS full time (1 year)

Pros:

Lot's of overtime
Make good money for selling PODS
Great experience

Cons:
Management hires and fires people constantly
No Job security
Better places I have worked
Assistant Warehouse Manager/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  North Kingstown, RIApril 5, 2017
It was good working there. Only you would make your job harder. Manager is a good person. Busy during the summer slows during the winter but company has been growing and this past winter you still got 40 hours
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FL 33760April 3, 2017
Overall the company could care less about you personal issues. My mother was very sick and there was nothing that could be done to secure my job. The only option was FMLA which at the time I was not eligible for at the time.
Pros
Pays Wells
Great place to work.
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 21, 2017
I started at PODs on the phone and moved to a supervisors roll within 9 months.Coaching agents, ADP, adherence, handle time and call volume making sure all calls answered timely manner. PODS is a fast pace environment. The best part of the job was working with the sales associates.
Pros
Great agents to work with.
Cons
No breaks / Lunch
Friendly, fresh atomosphere, great stepping stone for promotions
Universal Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 15, 2017
I have worked for PODS for 2 years. Truly have enjoyed every minute. Very fun management and plenty of things to get the employees involved. Attendance is strict but well worth it. Great pay as well.
Pros
Great Medical Plans, Water Machine, Competitive Pay
Cons
Lunches could be longer
Pay is low, bad communication.
Driver (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMarch 5, 2017
The pay starts off very low if you have a cdl. Though the job is easy enough, you live to work for the company. The days you work can be between 10-13 hr days. The one I worked for had bad communication, their equipment (for communicating) didn't work most of the time, had to use personal cell phone constantly. Anything that went wrong was placed on to the driver. There was no way for advancement, would bring outside people for management.
Pretty good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 1, 2017
If I ever move back to Florida, I will be reapplying to PODS. They pay very well and have great opportunities for advancement.
Low Pay
Interviwed for driving position (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXFebruary 11, 2017
I received a call to interview with Round Rock, TX manager for PODS. The manager was very nice, but I had to turn the job down. New driver pay start at $12 hr. for the first 2 weeks. If the new driver survives the 2 week training then they may be bumped up to $13 hr. So what I got out of the whole interview was that a driver tops out at $15 hr, and drivers work weekends. PODS administration really needs to revamp the pay scale. Commercial drivers in my area of TX start out at Minimum of $16 hr and average $18- $25 hr. Why you ask? Because of the oil and gas industry.
Pros
Staff was nice during interview
Cons
Low! Low! Low! Pay
It was okay
Supervisor of Corporare Operations (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 25, 2017
We were overworked and not appreciated as supervisors but good people and good management helps get us through. Disconnect between managmenrs knowledge of what a supervisors job entailed or just chose to remain indifferent. Very stressful for individuals that actually care about the company. Most supervisors didn't care and it made their jobs much easier.
Pros
Fair compensation
Cons
Disconnect and lack of interest to understand the job from a supervisor perspective, and what it entailed.
I love this company!
Universal Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 23, 2017
I love working at PODS! The managers there are great and always willing to help you. Training is a lot of fun, you will learn a lot about the moving industry.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Short Breaks and only 30 minute lunch
review
ERP/Triage Implementation (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 16, 2017
The diversity is great and i get along with everyone. Everyone is very friendly and are very kind to help out if any questions need to be asked. There isn't a guarantee position for this because the department is only temporary. A typical day at work is very repetitive. 8-5:30 job and sit in a cube and fix billing errors. The hardest part would have to be coming upon situations where billings are complex to understand because the billing has been messed with too many times so time has to be consumed more into this for further analyzing.
Pros
breaks don't have to be taken in a specific time
Cons
temporary position
great place
Warehouse Manager/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 9, 2017
PODS is a great company to work for. They have great job stability and they care about their workers. Management is great and the corporate office works well with their employees when help is needed.
call center--nice enviroment and related well with people that worked there
CSR/Quality control agent (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 9, 2017
once sold from original owner it was very different and very corporate. VERY impersonal and management really needed to be better educated and focused, this operation has moved its headquarters since I worked there and hope it has gotten better.
Fun atmosphere and great co workers
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 2, 2016
This was a great place to work. My co workers were the best and loved the atmosphere. I really liked assisting customers with their Pods container and moving supplies.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PODS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8