PODS Employee Reviews in United States

Nice pay but no job security
Executive Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 16, 2015
Pods has good benefits and great pay. Aside from the pay I personally believe management does not care a whole lot about the people who work for them. One mistake and your out the door. The attendance policy is EXTREMELY strict which is the prime reason the turnover rate is high.
Fast pace, small window for training, stressful and hazardous work environment for little pay.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAAugust 31, 2015
Shady corporate all together who is known for tricking employee's to hire on as a seasonal driver with the promise of a full time position after three months, then finding technicalities within write-up's for unavoidable quota's to terminate you before they can give you medical benefits. Unfortunately, I had to find all of this out the hard way through my own experience.
Pros
Steady paycheck once a week for three months out of the year.
Cons
See review.
Cdl driver, no life, stressful job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYFebruary 21, 2016
I've worked here for approximately 1 year. The management is poor.
you are expected to deliver until you drops are done. Sometimes this goes into the evening and you can't see what your doing.
You are a Schedule so tight there is zero room
For error, or lunch or bathroom break!
Equipment is pretty poor. Have to maintain things yourself
decent pay for b class driver. Start at 18/hr. You do get tips. This is the best part. Health insurance is 50% paid but it's not the best coverage not the worst either.
You get ot but it takes over your personal life.
Management is not good

High turnover of drivers.
Pros
Tips!!
Cons
Customers have unreasonable expectations. No breaks.
zombie hours or no hour's
driver (Former Employee) –  Landover md.February 21, 2015
I've worked with pods for 6+ year's (class b cdl) 2008 to 2015 started at 15.00$ hour after 6 years $17.35 that's with a dollar bump up for everyone, .33 cent annual pay raises witch they don't do very often or on time, the guys I worked with are top notch, new mang. Was a driver moved to supervisor he was fair and helpful to all, but top management wanted you to move move move hurry hurry hurry or you lose something, now I live a hour away I hit traffic a lot they want you there 645 I get there by 7 7.15 and they are very tolerate to me, leave when your done no overtime no overtime if you do less hours next day 3 day off 4 10 hours on, if you get that.
Summer you get a lot of overtime the equipment is old breaks down a lot but barabus bilanger is A great assets to pods cdl or no cdl he fixes everything think hard about working with this company high turn over for drivers I have 4 kids they don't care.
Pros
very little, friendship
Cons
hours suck
Productive and fun days at Pods
Special Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 13, 2016
A typical day at Pods is normally a good one. We come in and management usually greets us. Clock in and start assisting customer with their problems and find resolutions for them. Sell containers to them. Pods always has something going on at the center, whether if they have a food truck come for the day or handing out prizes. They are always looking for their employees to be happy.
excellent management
Customer service/sales (Former Employee) –  2200 Luna RD., Carrollton, TX 75006July 28, 2016
great place to work with management which is a great team leader. They give continued training and off prizes often for job well done.
Did not enjoy working weekends or the late shift.

I was not given the opportunity to move to Florida to continue working with PODS and only the manager was transferred.
Pros
great team
Cons
working Sunday
Management is Great
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FloridaMarch 16, 2016
Management is great but some policies do not work for medical emergencies. I spoke to wonderful people from all over the country and assisted them with their moves coast to coast. I really enjoy the interaction of dealing with people, makes the job very rewarding.
Productive but stressful workplace
Driver 1 (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 19, 2015
A typical day at work can last 5 to 12 hours. Its a interesting Job and i have learned to use heavy machines and sales and customer service. Management needs a lot of work. As of right now the manager was hired mid last year and had no experience in this filed of work except that he was a manager for a previous company. He won't listen to the employees concerns and problems and brushes serious incidents off like they don't happen. We are a team of 6 (5 drivers and 1 manager) I say team but no one ever works together 2 of the drivers who have been there the longest and one who is actually the lead driver or assistant manager complains about having to work in the warehouse or about their route. The hardest part of my job is making a customer unhappy which happens time to time in my field of work. The best part about my job is meeting new people and accomplishing personal goals that i set for myself each week.
Pros
healthcare and matching 401k
Cons
co workers hate their job
Productive and fun work place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 11, 2016
I loved working for pods, they have a very Fun environment, All of the poeple there, the coworkers, the managers everyone are very nice people. I gained some very good work experience including Experience using a hydrolic lift (Container lift). This has been my favorite job, i have enjoyed getting up and going to work every day!
Solid job
Forklift Operator/ warehouse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 15, 2016
Great company to work for, the location I worked at was in Ohio, so the winter months was considerably slower, being not as many people move in the middle of the winter. Great management with a family like atmosphere.
Great work driving independently
Driver / Operator / Customer Service Rep / Sales (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 29, 2016
I liked driving around the city meeting people to pick up or drop off moving/storage containers. I was able to help the company and customer by upselling packaging materials that would help their moving process.
Bad Environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 24, 2015
Slave mentality call center bad management low low low pay bad benefits too many calls back to back not a place to work. Too many departments.
Professional
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 27, 2016
Working at pods was a good experience. The company was well organized and professional. Working at Pods on a daily basis was amazing being that everyday was something new to learn and to experience.
Awesome ownership!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJune 21, 2016
By far a great place to work at.The management is above and beyond dedicated to their role in developing a culture of TEAMWORK and friendly environment.
Benefits
Cons
NA
best work on campus for students
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2016
enjoyed playing with printers and scanners during my part time job on campus

best job to work on campus

learnt a lot about hardwares and networking
Is a very easy going job
Sales Associate, Tier II (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 3, 2015
Job is very simple and easy just make sure you show up to work. The training is good and management will work with you in alot of departments.
Pros
easy job, pay plus commission
Cons
very strict attendace
great company with funs
ERP Implementation Specialist (Accounting) (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 17, 2016
great leadership, easy-going co-workers, working time flexible but must be 8 hours per day, great training, valuable experience
Productive Workplace with a few minor issues
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 16, 2013
I handled a large volume of sales calls throught the day. It was a very competative enviorment with other coworkers but management had alot of incintives throughout the year to allow us to enjoy the job. But over time they cut that back and the job became more stressful. The hardest part of the job was being told no in the rudest manner possible and keeping your composur due to during our slow seasons in the fall we revieced alot of prank calls etc. What I enjoyed the most about my job was the ablilty to stand behind the product we sold, help customers and my coworkers.
Pros
good pay & comensation plan, steady income, solid benefits
Cons
mutilple changes with heathcare plan, trouble getting time off, high turnover
Productive and a nice place to work
Customer Service Representative Platinum Services (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 3, 2015
I have been working for PODS for almost three years, and can honestly say that this is a great place to work. Management is awesome, not once have I ever regretted or wished I did not have to go to work.
The hardest part of this job is dealing with the demands of customers who feel that their needs should come before the safety of our drivers.
The most enjoyable part of the job are those who have had a good experience and respect that fact that things happen and are understandable.
A typical day at work consists of call after call, with either billing questions, scheduling moves, and sending emails.
Pros
Happy, pleasant, comfortable atsmophere
Cons
You only get one guarenteed day off a week.
Okay I guess
Customer Service/ Escalated Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater FloridaSeptember 11, 2012
I would have to say that this job as far as customer service goes was one of the best I have ever had, however if you did not give out certain information about yourself to certain people you got absolutely no where in the company as far as promotions and raises. I was always on time and took my job seriously, I took care of all the locations and customers as they needed to be taken care of as they called in and no one could handle them they would send them to me because I was the one that could make the "mad one laugh by the end of the call"
Pros
good hours /pay
Cons
promotions

2.7