Point Loma Nazarene University Employee Reviews

Skills Lab Assistant
Skills Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2017
This job is reserved for senior nursing students and can be competitive to come by. This job is a great refresher for senior students when it comes to basic nursing skills that were learned in sophomore year.
Athletics Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2017
Good place to work if you are looking for a positive atmosphere! Hard work and must be self motivated. Hardest part of the job was making sure I had enough hours.
Excellent workplace with a caring community.
Worship Leader (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 17, 2017
A typical day at work involves conversation with excellent coworkers and directors that stir personal growth and goes beyond the superficial workspace.
Point Loma
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 4, 2017
I had three Jobs at Point Loma, Office Assistant, Lab Assistant and Research Assistant. You don't get benefits because they're student work places for work studies only on campus. You go on vacation whne the campus goes on vacation. If you're sick you call out its fine.
Pros
summer researchers got breafast snacks and lunch once a week from the staff
Cons
sometimes research would take longer than 8 hours a day but it would average out to 8 hours, Lab Assisting was without cons, as was office assisting
Productively and gracefully place to work
Multicultural Liaison (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 16, 2017
Great place to work. I love the culture of the university. They are pro people. People is treated with honor and respect, no matter what is their cultural, social, economic, educational status.
Pros
Great Benefits, Plave to growth, location
Cons
non
Teacher's Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 14, 2017
Job security was good, I was never in risk of losing my position. Very relaxed as per my position. But knowing the professor for the position was required so there wasn't very much competition for said position.
I went to school here
Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Point Loma, CAMay 31, 2017
This is the school I went to, Indeed made me write a review as if I were employed here but I was not. Anyways the school is great and the view is unbeatable!
Beautiful location in a traditional Christian environment
International Ministries Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 29, 2017
The organization is growing and necessary changes are taking place. This is a great place to work if you like to surround yourself with natural beauty; the ocean view is amazing! Most students and co-workers are pleasant to work with. There are great benefits but the pay is not very good and there aren’t very many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Great benefits like health insurance, 403B, appreciation events, reduced meals in the cafeteria, tuition remission, reduced tuition for dependents, and discounted development center for children ages 3 and 4.
Cons
Few opportunities for growth, low pay, HR does not always respond well or fast to complaints, minimal training
People are great, pay is terrible
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 20, 2017
The people I work with are very nice and hard working people. The only problem is that we're working a full time job that normally would pay 5 -10 dollars an hour more minimum at anywhere else in San Diego. We're all frustrated with the low pay, and the HR department does whatever it (legally) can to not give us our benefits. The plus side to the job, is being able to work right next to the ocean, we do get a good amount of time off. The most enjoyable part of the day is being able to work outdoors right next to the ocean. the hardest part is not making enough money to be able to live in San Diego. I've had to get a second job just to make ends meet.
Pros
ocean, vacation time, outdoors
Cons
bad pay, hard work days, short breaks
Great experience
Field Experience in Elementary Schools (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 9, 2017
Loved my experience doing fieldwork and was able to grow and apply knowledge from my classes. It showed me the ups and downs of working in an Elementary School and what a typical workday would look like.
Athletic Intern
Athletic Communications Intern (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 1, 2017
I thoroughly enjoy the job they give you a lot of flexibility to accomplish the job that is assigned to you. The staff is very friendly and helpful if you have any questions. Being able to participate in the experience of the game day in various sports is a delight.
Pros
Being in a sports environment
Cons
Not getting paid.
Great Job
Summer Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Point Loma, CAApril 27, 2017
Working as a Summary Research Associate at PLNU was great. The other students working there were a pleasure to work with. Professors are greatly helpful, and willing to teach you all relevant lab skills.
Great Place to Work
Adjunct Professor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2017
Working at Point Loma Nazarene University has been a great experience. The staff are warm and caring about the students and each other and take the time to go a step beyond to assure that all educational needs are met. The students are bright and eager for life and take education seriously. It is simply a joy.
Pros
High caliber institution, good pay, great staff
Cons
The hiring process is a bit long
I love working here
Director, Multicultural & Int'l Stud. Svcs (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Definitely work with a family... the relationship with my students and my colleagues are amazing... It is located in a rather affluent neighborhood so living close to work can be a bit hard, but a good work place... plus you can't beat the ocean view
Pros
Christmas Bonuses
Awesome workplace and great student/professor relationships
Paid summer internship (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 29, 2016
This university is an amazing place to work and learn. The professors allowed us to work independently under supervision to allow us to control our lab environment and the instruments we were using. They allowed us to perform our own experiments. I learned a lot about lab techniques and computer programming languages.
Great times
Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 22, 2016
From the top down, the experience working here was fantastic. As a writing tutor I was able to interact, on a professional level, with both peers and professors. Those interactions taught me how to act at a variety of levels within an organization and manage the resources available to me to their fullest potential.
Good School and Employer
Student Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 8, 2016
I enjoyed working for and going to this school. They try hard to be good to us and it worked well for my friends and me. I would definitely work there again if it came to me.
Scanner
Scanner (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 17, 2016
Great and easy job. You just have to keep a happy face and be willing to help any of the students who are lost or just have questions. You get to meet a lot of people.
Amazing Place to Work
Infrastructure Services Intern (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 3, 2015
PLNU is the best place you could ever work. Great co-workers and amazing environment.You will have a lot asked of you but great reward.
Fun to work at, good working environment
Custodian (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2015
Supervisors are always willing to help you if you have trouble. The staff is very accommodating and always encourage you to do your best. Safe working environment with hardly any stress.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Point Loma Nazarene University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4