Point Park University Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun Workplace
Registrar Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 27, 2016
Great place to work and a good, steady-paced routine with wonderful co-workers. I really enjoy working with the students and making sure that their transfer process goes smoothly.
Great place for part-time position
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 16, 2016
Great place to start one's career. Teaching staff was very supportive and welcoming. Secretaries were very helpful and students were friendly and welcoming.
Pros
free printing + access to dept. library
Cons
Less Pay.
Great workplace that always keeps me busy
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 18, 2016
I post jobs and internships online for students and alumni.
Listen to phone calls and speak with employers and students.
Powerpoints and research for the career center.
My co-workers are great and respectful. Great work environment.
I became more familiar with Excel and sociable (phone calls and emails)
Pros
Great hours.
Excellent work environment
Graphic Design Professor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 18, 2015
Excellent facility and student environment. Great place to work among colleges and students. Would highly recommend. Excellent communication.
Positive Environment
Executive Assistant to the SVP & Provost (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 28, 2015
The atmosphere in our office is one that is casual, yet can be stressful depending on the time of year it is. Now that we are gearing up to the beginning of school, things will get very busy, and we need to be ready to assist students and parents as their children begin to transition in to college.
Pros
Work life balance
My ideal work group and environment
Part-time Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 10, 2015
I loved working in my university's Office of the Registrar. Initially I was asked to transfer there because I was a male, who would be working with female clerical staff for two hours four days a week during a six week part-time student registration period in the evenings. It was a little difficult during this period getting to the dining hall to get the food for my supper from the dining hall kitchen before it closed. I transferred from the Office of the Registrar my last semester because of my inability to work during the evening registration period which ended at 6PM,eat supper in the dining hall, and attend two evening classes from 6:15 PM to 8:30 PM each week. However, I would sneak to work with the Registrar office staff if I had any time available and they needed me. I did this until the Financial Aid office found out that I was working in two separate university departments and warned me that my eligibility for the Federal workstudy program would be suspended.
Pros
Working with a close knit team
Cons
Being limited to 9.5 workstudy hours a week
Great University and great individuals to work with!
Sales & Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 9, 2015
The University has wonderful individuals who work for them.

The student life was engaged and dynamic.

Athletics are growing and enticing students from across the world to the University in Pittsburgh, PA.
Productive organizational atmosphere in work area
Work Student Study (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 17, 2014
Creating delivery confirmation cards for students.
Stock mail room shelves for student packages
Accepting out of office mail and organize it for various departments.
Pros
Great hour flexibility
Cons
N/A
Opportunity to learn about multiple policies and processes
Director, Academic Administration (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 16, 2014
Working in different areas at Point Park University has allowed me to learn a variety of skill sets. It has also taught me how the different areas of the organization fit and work together. I always like to know how things work.
Pros
Friendly Work Enviornment, Working with Students and Faculty
Cons
Peak times of year.
Enjoyable place to work
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 6, 2014
I enjoyed working here as an undergraduate. I worked in the Center for Academic Success tutoring students and in the Environmental Sciences Laboratory processing samples and organizing data. It was a fun job.
Exciting and rewarding place to work.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 5, 2013
The staff at the University are not replaceable. The dynamic of learning on a daily basis is very rewarding and I viewed as a job perk.
Management is very kind and knowledgeable about their career. This University is ever growing and will be an urban powerhouse within the next five years.
Pros
Education, Understanding Management and Faculty, Fun Environment, Access to activities and gym, beautiful camplus
Cons
horrible parking
Typical chain reasturant atmosphere
Electronics / Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 24, 2013
Worked there as a server, dish washer, prep cook. It is a fine work environment that is what you make of it
Productive and fun place to work
Graduate Assistant NSET Department (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 23, 2013
The people at the university are amazing to work around. Everyone is very well enculturated and educated. I have learned so much about lab work and administrative from the others.
Excellent place to work/teach
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 6, 2013
The university is highly focused on student success and offers tremendous support system for instructors and employees.
Internship at Point Park
Internship (Former Employee) –  201 Wood St, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15222June 3, 2013
A typical day at Point park was to say hello to my mentor and everyday i tell him is something we should do today. My mentor gave me a task and that task was to answer the phone when a customer calls, cloning an hard drive, delivering the mail to the mail office
Enjoyed my experience
Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 13, 2012
I enjoyed my student experience at Point Park. I was pleasantly surprised at the strength of the academic program that I was enrolled in and the professors who guided me through it.
Fun work place
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PaFebruary 13, 2012
Work study job while in school. Fun and interesting job. Very hands on. Loved meeting all kinds of people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Point Park University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6