Polar Semiconductor Employee Reviews

Polar Semi
UV Operator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 26, 2017
Working Weekends shifts mornings ,finding scratches in materials and transporting it to its proper area.in the warehouse or storage ,the workplace was very sterile and cold environment
Terrible work environment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 24, 2017
In the production group, the operators are treated very poorly. The environment for them is unsafe and there is a heavy amount of walking. The wage is low and they are expendable.

The engineers and management are treated pretty well but can easily get away with doing very little if they try.

Maintenance Techs depending on the area, can either have it easy or can be really overworked. Again there is an excessive amount of walking due to a terrible layout and it is mandatory you are on the emergency response team. With that, comes many fires, chemical spills and health incidents to take care of.

The environment is terrible. There is almost a constant pool of unknown chemicals under the floors and many problems are swept under the rug.

The benefits are good and it's nice having 3-4 days off per week, but there are other companies that offer the same with a safer environment.
Pros
Benefits, days off
Cons
Unsafe conditions, Too much walking, Overworked
Not a bad place to work I made many friends there.
Fabrication Operator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 22, 2017
I worked the weekend night shift for 4 years and we were able to break a record production for a week. That was a lot of fun.
I learned a lot about wafer production and processes.
Management could improve by being more accountable.
I didn't care much about the culture and favoritism I witnessed there.
The hardest part of my job there was having to clock in and out.
The most enjoyable part of my job there was the teamwork of my coworkers.
Pros
Safe place to work.
Cons
Accountability
some people will like schedule
MACHINE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  bloomington, mnMarch 10, 2017
Overall good, have some cons and pros as every place, 12 hours shift, and shift deferential applies. Easy learn, don't need to have any degree. Good benefits at all.
A good place for any one to work
Equipment Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 14, 2016
A very good and fun place to work. the management and co-workers are very good. stress free work environment I have been working here for almost 6 years and never had any problem with anything.
Interesting place to work
purchasing manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 20, 2016
Polar Semiconductor is an interesting place dealing with semiconductors. it's fast paced which is exciting.

The culture is a little different than what I've experienced before meaning that cross communication needs improvement.

Overall, it's a good place to work
Pros
communication
benefits
Enviroment is very friendly and co-workers are amazing
Sr. Etch Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 20, 2015
As a senior process engineer, my daily duties are sustaining current process, maintaining the SPC charts on most of the etch tools plus checking utilization and up-time of our tools.

The hardest part of the job is to deal with multiple tasks at once where you disposition products and also some quals failed on which you need to determine the root cause plus making a decision on what needs to be done with the tool. Do we need more troubleshooting? or Do I have to involve maintenance to look into gas flow issues for example?. At the same time the line is stopped due to the failed qual, meaning the tool availability is in question. At the same time automation issue where some products are fully processed but the system didn't recognize if they were done. In that case we need to verify through the system if the product was either fully processed or was not processed.
Pros
Great environement to work with individual of diverse background
Cons
Little opportunity to grow with the company
Busy, many things needing attention.
Vacuum Maintenance Technician (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 9, 2014
Great benefits, very good pay, terrific coworkers. Each department is very specialized. When you're hired, more than likely, you'll stay in that department. Learning all of the machines takes a lot of training.
Pros
Good pay, good coworkers, a job that you will always use your brain more than your back.
Cons
On your feet most of the day, "bunny suit" is tough to move in.
High Stress and high production enviroment.
Operations Section Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 10, 2012
A difficult company to work for because we are having serious growing pains from doubling in size but attempting to run the company like the small company we use to be.
Pros
solid job security
Cons
high stress and old equipment
Polarfab
Chemical Sustainer/Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 25, 2012
A typical day is a lot of moving around filling machines with chemicals, and if a machine went down, we would have to wait until it was fixed and now because of this it may put you a little behind on time because now you are doing everything manually. But it wasn't nothing I couldn't manage.

The hardest part of the job was a machine going down and having to make adjustments on the job and now you have to do everything manually.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to come in everyday and work as a team and accomplish the task that was set out for that day.
Pros
benefits, being on (ert) emergency response team, ect
Cons
machines going down and sometimes waiting months for parts