Polar Semiconductor Employee Reviews

A good place for any one to work
Equipment Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 14, 2016
A very good and fun place to work. the management and co-workers are very good. stress free work environment I have been working here for almost 6 years and never had any problem with anything.
Interesting place to work
purchasing manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 20, 2016
Polar Semiconductor is an interesting place dealing with semiconductors. it's fast paced which is exciting.

The culture is a little different than what I've experienced before meaning that cross communication needs improvement.

Overall, it's a good place to work
Pros
communication
benefits
Polarfab
Chemical Sustainer/Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 25, 2012
A typical day is a lot of moving around filling machines with chemicals, and if a machine went down, we would have to wait until it was fixed and now because of this it may put you a little behind on time because now you are doing everything manually. But it wasn't nothing I couldn't manage.

The hardest part of the job was a machine going down and having to make adjustments on the job and now you have to do everything manually.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to come in everyday and work as a team and accomplish the task that was set out for that day.
Pros
benefits, being on (ert) emergency response team, ect
Cons
machines going down and sometimes waiting months for parts
Busy, many things needing attention.
Vacuum Maintenance Technician (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 9, 2014
Great benefits, very good pay, terrific coworkers. Each department is very specialized. When you're hired, more than likely, you'll stay in that department. Learning all of the machines takes a lot of training.
Pros
Good pay, good coworkers, a job that you will always use your brain more than your back.
Cons
On your feet most of the day, "bunny suit" is tough to move in.
High Stress and high production enviroment.
Operations Section Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 10, 2012
A difficult company to work for because we are having serious growing pains from doubling in size but attempting to run the company like the small company we use to be.
Pros
solid job security
Cons
high stress and old equipment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Polar Semiconductor. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8