Job Title: Production Manager
Summary: Directs and coordinates activities of the Production Department in processing materials and manufacturing products by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in accordance with effective operations and cost factors.*
2. Applies knowledge of production methods and procedures, capabilities of machines and equipment and product technology.*
3. Establishes production and quality control standards.
4. Coordinates production activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of staffing machines and materials.*
5. Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.*
6. Revises production schedules and priorities to best meet customer needs.*
7. Develops and maintains billing of materials for product manufactured.*
8. Maintains an organized and updated filing system for purchases, vendors, inventories and customer sales.*
9. Maintains a safe work environment by ensuring safe working practices and coaching employees as necessary.*
10. Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types and quantities as well as specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.*
11. Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.*
12. Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.*
13. Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs prevent operational delays.*
14. Formulates and maintains quality control objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.*
15. Plans, promotes and organizes training activities related to product quality and reliability.*
16. Investigates and adjusts customer complaints.*
17. Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.*
18. Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.*
19. Compiles, stores and retrieves production data.*
20. Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Directly supervises approximately 12 employees or more. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 50-75 pounds.