Polaris Industries Employee Reviews

Good company
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 24, 2017
I don't have a lot to say in a review of Polaris. I only worked a few months in a contract position. I had a very good experience and would have taken a full-time hire position if one had been available.
Pros
Lots of locations across the metro
Cons
Nothing specific
Very fast pace environment
production and Plant Planner (Current Employee) –  Osceola, WIMay 21, 2017
This is a very fast pace environment. My job requires a lot of skill and knowledge of the plant and warehouse. I love my job most days, but I need a job that pays more to my lifestyle.
Absolutely terrible place to work.
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 8, 2017
Don't even waste your time applying for this place. Management has no idea as to what they're doing. No motivation what so ever, and very low moral. Communication between management and operators is absolutely terrible, and the pay terrible. The only thing management cares about is the bonuses they get from production. I wouldn't wish this job on my worst enemy.
Pros
Clocking out.
Cons
Having to be there in general.
its not aplace you canbuil a carreer
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Spirit Lake, IAApril 28, 2017
well this is one place you can not rely on like you have a job because they so many lay off like now over 300 people are going to be jobless due one factory closer
Pros
more breaks
Cons
never hire permanently
Temp to hire permently
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaApril 24, 2017
The Polaris company is a up and running company starting from the ground up a lot to figure out but has a lot of potential.I'm looking to get hired on after 3 months and maybe then ill receive a pay raise.
Pros
Gaining more experience/ management is good
Cons
No insurance / pay could be more 16 to 18 dao
Productive and fun place to work. Great team to work with
Material Flow Process Tech (Current Employee) –  Milford IowaApril 5, 2017
I think Polaris is a wonderful place to work and would recommend this company to anyone. They have great benefits and great advancement opportunities.
Pros
Awesome company to work for.
Cons
Rate Changes/ hours are up and down
Productive workplace with a strong corporate structure and values
Manufacturing Intern (Former Employee) –  Roseau, MNApril 3, 2017
Lots of new skills and time management along with quick decision making and deciding on priorities. Projects can change frequently and work is pretty hectic. There is lots to learn and a short time to do that, so if someone is looking for a challenge, this is the place to go to.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Short lunch breaks, early office timings
Welder (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 3, 2017
I enjoy working at Polaris however, it is a temporary construction job. I would like to have a more permanent place to work so I can provide for my family without the fear of the job coming to an end
Good Employer
General Worker (Current Employee) –  Roseau, MNMarch 15, 2017
Good environment, benefits, competitive compensation. Love working here. Great life experience. Friendly co-workers. Physical job that will wear you down if you do not prepare properly
benefits
Cons
tough on body
Excellent maintenace management
Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 4, 2017
Exceptional maintenance management, daily work includes minimizing downtime, completing systems start ups, assisting contractors and vendors in installation, Preventative maintenance, new equipment installation
Pros
competative wages and benefits
Cons
still in contruction phase as this was a green field plant
Very satisfied with work environment and benefits.
Lead and painter (Former Employee) –  Spirit Lake, IA & Milford, IAMarch 2, 2017
Very safe environment. Employees best interest was always at heart. We had to do excellent work and they rewarded us in many ways. Always had good training. I worked with very nice people
no matter what job I did.
Pros
Good benefits&profit sharing.
Cons
Not alway in air conditioning.
Great Company to Work for
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MNFebruary 2, 2017
Polaris is a leader in the power sports industry. The fast response to its customers and the customer loyalty is key to our success. The environment is very fast past. A typical day at work could be running a requirement gathering meeting, or spending an entire day transition documentation into templates. We could have an all day/Week Testing with a project team, or a 4 hr conference call to our Asia team on training of the new software. Creating communications to learning how to query, there is no typical day at Polaris. The culture encourages this. You are not a project manager, engineer, or buyer, you are a Polaris employee. The most enjoyable part of the job is you will never get bored. There are always a challenge.
Pros
Learning Environment
Cons
Very long commute
great overall company
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHFebruary 1, 2017
location was not family oriented and hours shifted too much. no room for advancement. Pay scale was not all that well. Shifts were all over the place not very organized.
Pros
good people
Cons
no job security
Fun place
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Athens, ALJanuary 6, 2017
Fun place to work. If you enjoy talking about four wheeling in the out doors or riding motorcycles, this is the place for you. Theres a culture. It's interesting to hear about peoples adventures.
Fun place to work but not satisfied with pay.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 4, 2017
My only problem really with Polaris is the pay. There are plenty of people working with the company that are definitely overqualified and don't make enough to provide for their family.
Pros
Benefits, Work Environment
Cons
Pay
Very dynamic atmosphere.
Material Planner/Scheduler among other roles (Former Employee) –  Roseau, MNDecember 28, 2016
I learned a lot about manufacturing, partly due to to good training and partly due to onsite college courses. Compensation was great but the job could get pretty hectic.
Pros
Good pay, good culture and great place to gain experience.
Cons
Company puts too much stock in college degrees rather than company specific experience.
Material Handler
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Osceola, WIDecember 11, 2016
I have worked for this company for 10 years and then they said they were closing so I went to school in hopes to utilize that experience and hoping a degree in business management would help me obtain another job in either manufacturing or in a business office that I could learn and grow with all my experiences. I worked as an assembler for several years and then was in materials until I went to school. I worked in an office for three months before returning to Polaris for another two years of work. Basically I have done general labor with assembly and done shipping, receiving, parts delivery to the assembly lines, picked the parts, unloaded trailers and loaded trailers. The company was still under part of the restructure with personnel and leadership when I decided to leave and try an office job as I was not feeling that there was much chance for advancement even with all the experience and a degree due to all the changes the company was still going through.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, and stability
Cons
always worked weekends and also some leadership issues.
Very bad place to work!!! Bad pay, very bad benefits, bad management, bad everything
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 8, 2016
I helped start the new plant in Huntsville and it was a horrible experience. They are trying to use lean manufacturing principles but none of the management really believes in them so it's just very confusing in what's going on.
Pros
Cons
Every aspect of this job from bad management to very bad benefits was horrible
Assemble
OGA mechanic (Former Employee) –  Milford, IADecember 7, 2016
Its cool being able to work with power sports products and learn how they are made they supply all tools and process know how in order to have a successful productive day.
Pros
Mechanics
Cons
No room for advancement
The typical production job.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Spearfish, SDDecember 1, 2016
It's your typical production job. Nothing really exciting about it. Unfortunately lack of planning and terrible decision making by higher ups leads to a lot of "mandatory overtime". And mandatory means mandatory. So if you have any other commitments that are hard to handle working 6 days a week (up to 12 hours a day, with two 10min. Breaks and one unpaid 30 minute break) with the possibility of 7 days a week and holidays. then you wouldn't last long at Polaris.
Pros
Decent pay for area
Cons
Short breaks, too much "mandatory overtime", terrible and expensive health insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Polaris Industries. Our community is ready to answer.