Polaris Industries Employee Review

View all Polaris Industries reviews

Think about it before you start working for this company
former office employee (Former Employee) –  MNFebruary 8, 2014
A typical day at work: A typical day at work is very unpredictable, most of the days are insane, some are fine, and a few days out of the year you will feel normal. I usually need time off a few times a day during busy days, it's easy to go insane without that 5 mins cool down.

Learning: I did learn quite a few skills, which I can bring into my next company. However, there are no training for the new hires, or ongoing classes offered to the current employees. When a person starts, they expect him/her to start performing right away like a chump.

Management: This is the worst area in this company. I filed a complaint, HR not only disclosed my information to the person I complained about, but also did not apologize for what they did. Instead, they told me that there was no other way to handle this. So don't expect them to be on your side, they do whatever is the easiest to cross the task off their lists.
Since the end of 2013, there is little room for lateral movement because they hate people moving around, that created so much work for hiring new people, and too much chaos within the organization. But shouldn't they ask themselves why people want to move around so much? If they like where they are, then why spend the time looking in other departments within? So people either shut up and do their jobs like slaves, or leave and find jobs elsewhere.
The department I'm in has the worst management teams. All managers are incompetent, micromanaging, and egotistical males, no females in this department in any leadership role, it's a man's club. If they like you, you'll get
  more... the least amount of work and the most amount of praise; but if they dislike you as a person regardless what a fantastic job you are doing, you'll be treated like dirt, whatever suggestions/ideas you bring up, they will not only discourage, but will also tell you to shut up and speak up only when you are allowed to. I'm treated like a 7 year old all the time. Basically, no reward if your politics cards aren't right; and women are treated like dirt in this department.
There's very diversity in the company, even though they say that's one of their focuses.
The company is really good at using their financial growth to mask up the reality of the working environment; the PR is great too, to the point to have the company nominated as "the best place to work for" for several times, but don't let that fool you.

Co-workers: most of the co-workers are on the edge regardless how they feel about their jobs because of the stressful pace. I have had people hung up on me, scream at me in both emails and phone calls, being sarcastic about what they ask, being angry at a request which they thought they made to you but they didn't. These people usually treat new comers very badly, they rarely help out even when being asked. It's a highly competitive environment, they all want the next big thing for themselves, so they try to weed out the new, and the slower ones.

If you only want good pay and some job security, and you can keep up with meeting numerous late dead lines, this is the place for you. But if you want work-life balance, respect as a person and a subordinate, good relationships with co-workers, and job growth, then look else where. Be prepared to get burned out one or two months in the job.
Pros
profit sharing, doing well financially
Cons
Increasing workload, incompetent management, stressful environment, mean co-workers

Other Polaris Industries Employee Reviews

Smart people doing their best
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 11, 2017
There are some really smart people working at Polaris and they are all doing their best. Some departments run a little too lean, but everyone does the best they can with the resources they have.
N/a
Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 3, 2017
I enjoyed my internship at Polaris. Management was great and I was given tough projects to work on which helped me develop. I would definitely recommend working here.