Polaris Industries

Polaris Industries Employer Reviews

Fun place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Osceola, WIJuly 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits incuding discounts on products
Cons: dirty and hot work environment at times.
Supervised the tubing department, worked with great people. Gained extremely valuable Lean manufacturing training and experience. Was trained in Toyota lean problem solving methods by a former Toyota executive. I was also able to ride and test the latest snowmobiles, ATV's, UTV's, and Motorcycles from Polaris and Victory. Really fun place to work. Unfortunately – more... Polaris closed the manufacturing facility and moved it to Monterey Mexico. Great job, hard to lose. Would definitely work for Polaris again if I had the chance. – less
Engineer
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee), IowaMay 22, 2014
Pros: pay & people
Cons: location, and pto
I’m currently a manufacturing engineer and the job is great. The people are good to work with and you build toys for adults, it is great. The pay is really good as well. The only down side is the location and the lack in PTO. I left a job with 5 weeks of vacation and now only have two weeks and no matter how much I tried they wouldn't budge on additional – more... weeks. So a life outside work is difficult. The typical day is about 10 hours regardless of if the line is running and finding housing in the area can also be difficult. I would stay for life if the company had a facility out west. – less
Big Company with Family Atmosphere
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Vermillion, SDMarch 23, 2014
I have enjoyed working at Polaris thus far, the level of flexibility and friendliness has allowed me to attend classes and work. Everyone on the management team understands the importance of employee happiness with various events in honor of the work we do. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to see the results of your own success in the – more... workplace. – less
Able to see new product
Assembly Worker (Current Employee), Osceola, WIFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: hard to get 40 hr work week
Good place to work and people are friendly. Not too much room for growth at the Ocseola Plant.
Think about it before you start working for this company
former office employee (Former Employee), MNFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: profit sharing, doing well financially
Cons: increasing workload, incompetent management, stressful environment, mean co-workers
A typical day at work: A typical day at work is very unpredictable, most of the days are insane, some are fine, and a few days out of the year you will feel normal. I usually need time off a few times a day during busy days, it's easy to go insane without that 5 mins cool down.

Learning: I did learn quite a few skills, which I can bring into my next – more... company. However, there are no training for the new hires, or ongoing classes offered to the current employees. When a person starts, they expect him/her to start performing right away like a chump.

Management: This is the worst area in this company. I filed a complaint, HR not only disclosed my information to the person I complained about, but also did not apologize for what they did. Instead, they told me that there was no other way to handle this. So don't expect them to be on your side, they do whatever is the easiest to cross the task off their lists.
Since the end of 2013, there is little room for lateral movement because they hate people moving around, that created so much work for hiring new people, and too much chaos within the organization. But shouldn't they ask themselves why people want to move around so much? If they like where they are, then why spend the time looking in other departments within? So people either shut up and do their jobs like slaves, or leave and find jobs elsewhere.
The department I'm in has the worst management teams. All managers are incompetent, micromanaging, and egotistical males, no females in this department in any leadership role, it's a man's club. If they like you, you'll get the least amount of work and the most amount of praise; but if they dislike you as a person regardless what a fantastic job you are doing, you'll be treated like dirt, whatever suggestions/ideas you bring up, they will not only discourage, but will also tell you to shut up and speak up only when you are allowed to. I'm treated like a 7 year old all the time. Basically, no reward if your politics cards aren't right; and women are treated like dirt in this department.
There's very diversity in the company, even though they say that's one of their focuses.
The company is really good at using their financial growth to mask up the reality of the working environment; the PR is great too, to the point to have the company nominated as "the best place to work for" for several times, but don't let that fool you.

Co-workers: most of the co-workers are on the edge regardless how they feel about their jobs because of the stressful pace. I have had people hung up on me, scream at me in both emails and phone calls, being sarcastic about what they ask, being angry at a request which they thought they made to you but they didn't. These people usually treat new comers very badly, they rarely help out even when being asked. It's a highly competitive environment, they all want the next big thing for themselves, so they try to weed out the new, and the slower ones.

If you only want good pay and some job security, and you can keep up with meeting numerous late dead lines, this is the place for you. But if you want work-life balance, respect as a person and a subordinate, good relationships with co-workers, and job growth, then look else where. Be prepared to get burned out one or two months in the job. – less
Great company culture with employees who are hard working and passionate for success
Finance Intern: Off-Road Vehicles Division (Former Employee), Medina, MNFebruary 5, 2014
Days at work were very fast-paced with high expectations for production.

I learned that communication and strong leadership is the key to success.
Productive work environment
Bender Setup Technician (Current Employee), Roseau, MNSeptember 9, 2013
Polaris is a great place to work. Hours are constant and the pay is comparable to many other manufacturing jobs in the area.
good company
Welding (Former Employee), Spirit Lake, IAJuly 19, 2013
Factory work but hot enviorment, good people and leads fast paced
Company performs well financially
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), Spirit Lake, IAJune 3, 2013
Pros: financially well-run; some bright people
Cons: stressful environment; saw more than 1 person in supervisory/management role "need time away."
Well-run company, meets financial goals. Need to be a "manufacturing person" to work there.
What their ads don't tell you
Manufacturing (Former Employee), Roseau, MNDecember 15, 2012
Pros: 401k amd ira matches of 5%, health insurance. they try to give workers the same time off the school has.
Cons: even with a college education it is hard to advance, fast paced and physical jobs, too much emphasis on production instead of safety
I worked at Polaris in Roseau, MN for 13 years. Over half of this time I was a replacement person on the assembly line so have performed most of the jobs. I was always very proud of what the company has done, until now. Their ads state they will "direct hire" workers for the assembly line. They do NOT state that you must take an all day "test" first. – more... I have recently spoken to people who took this test and I am shocked. It is very hard and contains many things, like percentages in the math section, which no line worker will ever need to do or know. Two of the four jobs in the simulation area are jobs that very few women would be able to perform. I personally know people who have worked there for up to two years and are still not Polaris employees, yet if they could not do the work they would not still be working there. I feel it is their way of keeping workers with a temp agency so they do not need to pay as much. It does have great benefits and can be a good place to work, but it troubles me that they are so misleading and unfair to new workers. – less
Professional and employee orientated
Production/Materials Planner and Commodity Planner (Former Employee), Osceola, WIOctober 9, 2012
Encouraged and empowered to continuously improve the organization and products.
Physically taxing, good benefits for full timers
Paint lab tech, receiver, welder, assembler (Former Employee), Spirit Lake, IASeptember 4, 2012
Pros: good pay with time off
Cons: sometime lacking in hours, demands on body.
Fast paced producton and assembly. Technical skills, such as paint or welding or forklift can make for a proporous career. Management professional somewhat compassionate to hourly emploees. A mix of co-workers some friendly some not, some good for you. being on concrete and repetitive work. Co-workers you can work-together with.
safety lunches, profit sharing,
West Staff (Polaris) (Former Employee), Osceola, WIJuly 5, 2012
Pros: enjoyment of the job
Cons: not enough breaks in the heat
able to run air tools able to rotate jobs
how to work on an assembly line
looking out for our safety
co-workers very easy to get along with

the heat in the building in summer
the ability to learn new jobs and advance in the company
First job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Spirit Lake, IAJuly 3, 2012
Assembled parts for ATV's, Watercraft, Snowmobiles, and Motorcycles. Learned a lot.
Buena empresa
practicante de ingenieria (Former Employee), Apodaca, NLEJune 9, 2014
Pros: buena empresa con buena oportunidad de crecimiento
Cons: no aprovechan al máximo el tiempo de sus trabajadores
la empresa es multinacional, es una empresa grande ya con métodos estandarizados y bien adecuada para sus trabajadores y operaciones, la administración es buena y el crecimiento lo es aun mas, hay mucha oportunidad de crecer dentro de la empresa.

el ambiente de trabajo es bueno.

la parte mas difícil de todo trabajo como este fue que entre sin experiencia – more... en el ámbito de manufactura, por lo cual me costo adaptarme.

lo que me gusto del trabajo es que te facilitan cualquier herramienta de trabajo y el apoyo para adecuarse al trabajo es bueno. – less
TE DAN OPORTUNIDAD DE CRESER
ALMACENISTA (Former Employee), Monterrey, NLEAugust 20, 2013
AY UN EXCELENTE AMBIENTE DE TRABAJO Y OPORTUNIDAD DE CRECER Y MUCHAS PRESTACIONES

About Polaris Industries

A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road vehicles, comprising – Read more