Polaris Industries Employee Reviews

Material Handler
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Osceola, WIDecember 11, 2016
I have worked for this company for 10 years and then they said they were closing so I went to school in hopes to utilize that experience and hoping a degree in business management would help me obtain another job in either manufacturing or in a business office that I could learn and grow with all my experiences. I worked as an assembler for several years and then was in materials until I went to school. I worked in an office for three months before returning to Polaris for another two years of work. Basically I have done general labor with assembly and done shipping, receiving, parts delivery to the assembly lines, picked the parts, unloaded trailers and loaded trailers. The company was still under part of the restructure with personnel and leadership when I decided to leave and try an office job as I was not feeling that there was much chance for advancement even with all the experience and a degree due to all the changes the company was still going through.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, and stability
Cons
always worked weekends and also some leadership issues.
Extremely High turn over rate
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Osceola, WIAugust 23, 2016
-Hours are not flexible. Resource MFG who hires temps for Polaris back up Polaris in the practice of giving little notice to overtime changes with little to plan for family needs or personal medical appointments.

-I learned several processes to build and test motorcycle engines.

-Management is not cohesive in with workers needs, e.g. if there is a bad design on the line, the worker is to blame and not the design, so workers are put into overtime and workers do a last minute shuffle with managing their personal lives on their own time like taking care of day care issues and not being able to go to personal medical appointments.

-My co-workers are great except one, but there might always be one in any group of people.

-The hardest part of my job was dealing with the inflexibility of management and being isolated when I raised concerns

-For the most part, my co-workers were the reason why I kept going back to work every day.
Pros
I met great people there
Cons
poor leadership - did not back up their workers, hence high turn over rate
Very bad place to work!!! Bad pay, very bad benefits, bad management, bad everything
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 8, 2016
I helped start the new plant in Huntsville and it was a horrible experience. They are trying to use lean manufacturing principles but none of the management really believes in them so it's just very confusing in what's going on.
Pros
Cons
Every aspect of this job from bad management to very bad benefits was horrible
Very dynamic atmosphere.
Material Planner/Scheduler among other roles (Former Employee) –  Roseau, MNDecember 28, 2016
I learned a lot about manufacturing, partly due to to good training and partly due to onsite college courses. Compensation was great but the job could get pretty hectic.
Pros
Good pay, good culture and great place to gain experience.
Cons
Company puts too much stock in college degrees rather than company specific experience.
Fun place to work but not satisfied with pay.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 4, 2017
My only problem really with Polaris is the pay. There are plenty of people working with the company that are definitely overqualified and don't make enough to provide for their family.
Pros
Benefits, Work Environment
Cons
Pay
awesome place to work but not enough hours
Welder (Former Employee) –  Spirit Lake, IASeptember 21, 2016
They awesome benefits and it's a great work environment. The only downside was that the management was having trouble keeping a constant work load.
Pros
great work environment, great pay, great benefits and profit sharing
Cons
not enough hours
Nothing like they said it would be.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 19, 2016
Polaris has a long way to go. Giving the benefit of a doubt they are a start up company but they are very un-organized in everything they attempt to do. Management does not have a clue and does not get in a hurry for anything. The wages are descent but the benefits are terrible so they cancel each other out.
Pros
Able to wokr as many hurs as you need.
Cons
Insurance is terible and management does not get in any hurry.
Polaris osceola is a NIGHTMARE
Driver, Team Lead, Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Osceola, WIJune 23, 2016
I was a group lead in Osceola. I heard great things about other locations but osceola is horrible. They treat people like garbage. The leaders are condescending, the engineering team is a group of lazy alcoholics who blame all issues on operators and take no responsibility for their mistakes. You'll get paid ok, but you won't get hired full time and you won't get vacation. You get 74 seconds to perform your job, if you don't make it in time a loud buzzer let's everbody know.
Pros
Benefits (IF you get hired on)
Cons
The list goes on and on.
Be prepared to visit the unemployment office alot.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Spirit Lake, IANovember 5, 2016
Used to work at Polaris in Spirit Lake, Iowa. Overall the facility was nice and up to date. But, if you work on the wrong line it could be rough. Arrogant and cocky supervisors and production managers. Line Engineers who feel like they own you and place all blame on you if issues arise. Get whipped for hours in 2 months. Then everything goes stale rest of year for hours and fighting unemployment office just to get enough money for food and gas to survive. A true paycheck to paycheck job.

Health insurance is sky high. $1200.00 deductable per year for a single person with a 49.00 bi weekly premium and have to pay full out of pocket to go to doctor all year.

Raise issues to management and they will scoff at you and push it aside. Engineers will tell you to "figure it out yourself" reguarding safety concerns on vehicles. And they wonder why everything is catching on fire now.

Only good thing is the profit sharing and nice breakrooms with catered food. Other than that nothing else. Hard to advance up the ladder unless your a woman who sleeps with the leads or flirts with them. Or your buddies with management.

Line techs can be real jerks and will write you up any chance they get. They will sneak up on you at times even. If you miss one checkback. They will take a picture and make you sign a paper. Some operators down the line will sabotage you and wipe your checkback off with towels to get you in trouble.

Too many layoffs such as this current 2 month layoff over the holidays no less.

Most co-workers here are hardcore biker type and rude.

All management cares
  more... about is their stock prices and bottom line.  less
Pros
Profit sharing, food.
Cons
Too many layoffs, Arrogant management and stinky bathrooms
Great place to work with great people!
Current Status -Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 13, 2016
A very fast paced environment. I feel that the benefits and pay are not to Alabama standards. Also that experience should count for something. The hours are also off structure for the area.
Pros
Fun and exciting to be a part of this great team.
Cons
Pay and benefits could be much better.
Quality Technician (Auditor) (Former Employee) –  Osceola, WIAugust 22, 2016
Great place to work, Benefits were great, Then the company decided to move to Mexico. They came back. Whish I would or could have stayed.
The typical production job.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Spearfish, SDDecember 1, 2016
It's your typical production job. Nothing really exciting about it. Unfortunately lack of planning and terrible decision making by higher ups leads to a lot of "mandatory overtime". And mandatory means mandatory. So if you have any other commitments that are hard to handle working 6 days a week (up to 12 hours a day, with two 10min. Breaks and one unpaid 30 minute break) with the possibility of 7 days a week and holidays. then you wouldn't last long at Polaris.
Pros
Decent pay for area
Cons
Short breaks, too much "mandatory overtime", terrible and expensive health insurance
Great job for college students
Parcel (Current Employee) –  Vermillion, SDMay 1, 2016
A typical day at Polaris Industries consists of work pertinent to the operations of a distribution center. From working at Polaris I have learned hands on how operations is applied in a real world setting, and how to operate various heavy machinery. The management is transparent, goal oriented, social, and fun to work under. Typical co-workers are mostly comprised of college students. Thus providing a fun work environment in which to work along side friends. The hardest part of the job is dealing with temperature. The warehouse reflects the outside temperature and can be very cold and very hot at times. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things about operations and management, and the ability to work hard and have my efforts reflected by tracking productivity.
Pros
Free lunch on weekends, flexible with school work, advancement opportunities, and friendly company culture
Cons
Hot/cold warehouse temperatures, long hours (situational)
Great Company to Work for
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MNFebruary 2, 2017
Polaris is a leader in the power sports industry. The fast response to its customers and the customer loyalty is key to our success. The environment is very fast past. A typical day at work could be running a requirement gathering meeting, or spending an entire day transition documentation into templates. We could have an all day/Week Testing with a project team, or a 4 hr conference call to our Asia team on training of the new software. Creating communications to learning how to query, there is no typical day at Polaris. The culture encourages this. You are not a project manager, engineer, or buyer, you are a Polaris employee. The most enjoyable part of the job is you will never get bored. There are always a challenge.
Pros
Learning Environment
Cons
Very long commute
Benefit package was decent.
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Osceola, WIFebruary 4, 2016
Very busy on the production floor.
How to run and setup 250-750 ton metal stamping presses, use of calipers and height gages.
Co-workers were good to work with but the management was not very approachable.
The long hours of standing on a concert floor, I would say was the hardest part of the job, along with working in extreme heat during the summer months.
I enjoyed the job when I made over the quota for the jobs I was running.
Benefits
Cons
Extreme heat conditions during the summer months and lots of overtime.
Productive and Decent Workplace
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHNovember 3, 2016
In my opinion, Polaris is a good place to work. I have learned about teamwork and how to interact with others. The management at Polaris is decent and they know how to get the job done. The hardest part about working at Polaris is the unset work hours. We could have a ten hour workday or an eight hour workday. The most enjoyable part of the job to me is the people I work with.
Pros
Very nice people and management
Cons
Not everyone is on the same page about certain topics
Opportunity for advancement
Distribution Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHOctober 7, 2016
Co-workers for the most part were hard working and easy to get along with.

Could communicate openly with management. Management encouraged suggestions for making processes more efficient.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
At times shifts too long.
great overall company
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHFebruary 1, 2017
location was not family oriented and hours shifted too much. no room for advancement. Pay scale was not all that well. Shifts were all over the place not very organized.
Pros
good people
Cons
no job security
Very fast past
Assembler (Former Employee) –  RoseauSeptember 28, 2016
Expect to get work butt worked with very little appreciation, seniority means nothing! Majority of coworkers are friendly other than the negative attitudes because they are burnt out and very tired from being run ragged! A lot of people don't last long there because it is very fast pasted and they can't handle that. Most jobs on the assembly lines are either very overwhelming or to simple the jobs are not very well balanced.
Pros
Wages are good health insurance is ok
Cons
Steel toe shoes are terrible also it is very hot during summer and very little fans
Group Lead- Service department
Group Lead (Current Employee) –  Spirit Lake, IAFebruary 29, 2016
I have worked at Polaris for almost 6 years.I work from 6-230. I have become a effective leader and built my leaderships skills during my time at Polaris. I have a great supervisor who has taught me a lot. I lead a small group of people within my department.
Pros
Supervisor, work schedule, profit sharing
Cons
health care benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Polaris Industries. Our community is ready to answer.