Polaris Industries Employee Reviews

Great Company to Work for
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MNFebruary 2, 2017
Polaris is a leader in the power sports industry. The fast response to its customers and the customer loyalty is key to our success. The environment is very fast past. A typical day at work could be running a requirement gathering meeting, or spending an entire day transition documentation into templates. We could have an all day/Week Testing with a project team, or a 4 hr conference call to our Asia team on training of the new software. Creating communications to learning how to query, there is no typical day at Polaris. The culture encourages this. You are not a project manager, engineer, or buyer, you are a Polaris employee. The most enjoyable part of the job is you will never get bored. There are always a challenge.
Pros
Learning Environment
Cons
Very long commute
The typical production job.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Spearfish, SDDecember 1, 2016
It's your typical production job. Nothing really exciting about it. Unfortunately lack of planning and terrible decision making by higher ups leads to a lot of "mandatory overtime". And mandatory means mandatory. So if you have any other commitments that are hard to handle working 6 days a week (up to 12 hours a day, with two 10min. Breaks and one unpaid 30 minute break) with the possibility of 7 days a week and holidays. then you wouldn't last long at Polaris.
Pros
Decent pay for area
Cons
Short breaks, too much "mandatory overtime", terrible and expensive health insurance
Very dynamic atmosphere.
Material Planner/Scheduler among other roles (Former Employee) –  Roseau, MNDecember 28, 2016
I learned a lot about manufacturing, partly due to to good training and partly due to onsite college courses. Compensation was great but the job could get pretty hectic.
Pros
Good pay, good culture and great place to gain experience.
Cons
Company puts too much stock in college degrees rather than company specific experience.
Very bad place to work!!! Bad pay, very bad benefits, bad management, bad everything
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 8, 2016
I helped start the new plant in Huntsville and it was a horrible experience. They are trying to use lean manufacturing principles but none of the management really believes in them so it's just very confusing in what's going on.
Pros
Cons
Every aspect of this job from bad management to very bad benefits was horrible
Productive and Decent Workplace
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHNovember 3, 2016
In my opinion, Polaris is a good place to work. I have learned about teamwork and how to interact with others. The management at Polaris is decent and they know how to get the job done. The hardest part about working at Polaris is the unset work hours. We could have a ten hour workday or an eight hour workday. The most enjoyable part of the job to me is the people I work with.
Pros
Very nice people and management
Cons
Not everyone is on the same page about certain topics
Very fast past
Assembler (Former Employee) –  RoseauSeptember 28, 2016
Expect to get work butt worked with very little appreciation, seniority means nothing! Majority of coworkers are friendly other than the negative attitudes because they are burnt out and very tired from being run ragged! A lot of people don't last long there because it is very fast pasted and they can't handle that. Most jobs on the assembly lines are either very overwhelming or to simple the jobs are not very well balanced.
Pros
Wages are good health insurance is ok
Cons
Steel toe shoes are terrible also it is very hot during summer and very little fans
Fun place to work but not satisfied with pay.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 4, 2017
My only problem really with Polaris is the pay. There are plenty of people working with the company that are definitely overqualified and don't make enough to provide for their family.
Pros
Benefits, Work Environment
Cons
Pay
Good temp job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Osceola, WIAugust 24, 2016
Be aware they have a high turn around here. They lay you off seasonally and even when you do a great job they dont call you back. They also dont do call backs. If you have had an injury on the job with them. They are great if you can get full time but if you are in the right plant that is.
Pros
Good breaks and nice people
Cons
Very demanding of perfection. And many layoffs. Rarely hires fulltime.
Company is transitioning from a Midwest thinking company to a global company and it's a struggle
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Medina, MNOctober 8, 2016
Our processes and tools are years behind and we are are trying to play catch up.

Great people to work with.

Fast pace environment.

Below base salaries but huge bonuses (profit sharing) and free vehicles.
Opportunity for advancement
Distribution Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHOctober 7, 2016
Co-workers for the most part were hard working and easy to get along with.

Could communicate openly with management. Management encouraged suggestions for making processes more efficient.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
At times shifts too long.
great overall company
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHFebruary 1, 2017
location was not family oriented and hours shifted too much. no room for advancement. Pay scale was not all that well. Shifts were all over the place not very organized.
Pros
good people
Cons
no job security
Fun place
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Athens, ALJanuary 6, 2017
Fun place to work. If you enjoy talking about four wheeling in the out doors or riding motorcycles, this is the place for you. Theres a culture. It's interesting to hear about peoples adventures.
Nothing like they said it would be.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 19, 2016
Polaris has a long way to go. Giving the benefit of a doubt they are a start up company but they are very un-organized in everything they attempt to do. Management does not have a clue and does not get in a hurry for anything. The wages are descent but the benefits are terrible so they cancel each other out.
Pros
Able to wokr as many hurs as you need.
Cons
Insurance is terible and management does not get in any hurry.
Assemble
OGA mechanic (Former Employee) –  Milford, IADecember 7, 2016
Its cool being able to work with power sports products and learn how they are made they supply all tools and process know how in order to have a successful productive day.
Pros
Mechanics
Cons
No room for advancement
awesome place to work but not enough hours
Welder (Former Employee) –  Spirit Lake, IASeptember 21, 2016
They awesome benefits and it's a great work environment. The only downside was that the management was having trouble keeping a constant work load.
Pros
great work environment, great pay, great benefits and profit sharing
Cons
not enough hours
Will not hire skilled from outside of community.
Prospective employee (Former Employee) –  Spearfish SDOctober 29, 2016
HR plays games with hiring qualified people. Wants to keep it local but the small town environment doesn't have the experience in manufacturing to compliment the workforce..
Material Handler
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Osceola, WIDecember 11, 2016
I have worked for this company for 10 years and then they said they were closing so I went to school in hopes to utilize that experience and hoping a degree in business management would help me obtain another job in either manufacturing or in a business office that I could learn and grow with all my experiences. I worked as an assembler for several years and then was in materials until I went to school. I worked in an office for three months before returning to Polaris for another two years of work. Basically I have done general labor with assembly and done shipping, receiving, parts delivery to the assembly lines, picked the parts, unloaded trailers and loaded trailers. The company was still under part of the restructure with personnel and leadership when I decided to leave and try an office job as I was not feeling that there was much chance for advancement even with all the experience and a degree due to all the changes the company was still going through.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, and stability
Cons
always worked weekends and also some leadership issues.
Polaris osceola is a NIGHTMARE
Driver, Team Lead, Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Osceola, WIJune 23, 2016
I was a group lead in Osceola. I heard great things about other locations but osceola is horrible. They treat people like garbage. The leaders are condescending, the engineering team is a group of lazy alcoholics who blame all issues on operators and take no responsibility for their mistakes. You'll get paid ok, but you won't get hired full time and you won't get vacation. You get 74 seconds to perform your job, if you don't make it in time a loud buzzer let's everbody know.
Pros
Benefits (IF you get hired on)
Cons
The list goes on and on.
Great place to work with great people!
Current Status -Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 13, 2016
A very fast paced environment. I feel that the benefits and pay are not to Alabama standards. Also that experience should count for something. The hours are also off structure for the area.
Pros
Fun and exciting to be a part of this great team.
Cons
Pay and benefits could be much better.
Extremely High turn over rate
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Osceola, WIAugust 23, 2016
-Hours are not flexible. Resource MFG who hires temps for Polaris back up Polaris in the practice of giving little notice to overtime changes with little to plan for family needs or personal medical appointments.

-I learned several processes to build and test motorcycle engines.

-Management is not cohesive in with workers needs, e.g. if there is a bad design on the line, the worker is to blame and not the design, so workers are put into overtime and workers do a last minute shuffle with managing their personal lives on their own time like taking care of day care issues and not being able to go to personal medical appointments.

-My co-workers are great except one, but there might always be one in any group of people.

-The hardest part of my job was dealing with the inflexibility of management and being isolated when I raised concerns

-For the most part, my co-workers were the reason why I kept going back to work every day.
Pros
I met great people there
Cons
poor leadership - did not back up their workers, hence high turn over rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Polaris Industries. Our community is ready to answer.