FULL-TIME RETAIL MANAGER ON DUTY - POLE POSITION RACEWAY
WALDEN GALLERIA, BUFFALO
The Manager on Duty (MOD) is a member of the leadership team setting the tone and energy level of the store at the newest Pole Position Raceway opening at Walden Galleria, Buffalo before the end of 2013.
MOD supervises the Customer Service, Track and Shop teams to ensure the effectiveness and productivity; and that facility operations are optimized.
MOD also ensures compliance of established procedures, practices, and policies for employee and customer satisfaction and security.
MOD is responsible for fulfilling any role on the floor when necessary.
MOD role can provide advancement opportunity to Store Manager.
The MOD’s job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
MANAGING THE FACILITY / CUSTOMER SERVICE
- MOD is on the floor w/ Back office duties completed "during office hours"
- Core standards are met at Front End, Track, with Karts/Shop, Staff, Events & Racers
- Assists any team members when needed
- Provides leadership enabling excellent customer service for all spectators and racers
- Ensures that reporting and checklists are completed each shift
- Based on experience, some responsibility for Scheduling, Inventory, and/or IT support
- Leader who inspires and motivates team while recognizing their contributions
- Provides coaching, both positive and corrective throughout the shift
- Trusted advisor for all employees and is responsible for the resolution of customer or
and employee conflict or dissatisfaction
- Daily implementation of sales information and event goals including memberships, races,
clinics, leagues, camps, promotions and retail offerings
- Creates action plans to achieve daily goals circulating the floor to motivate, evaluate and
recognize team members as needed
- Ensures the team is providing the most authentic racing experience
- Main source of communication for store, setting up employee shifts for success and recap
at end of shift so that all actions and goals are communicated to closing MOD
- Completion of weekly Manager Reports and reporting on results to General Manager
- Member of interviewing, referencing and training team led by General Manager
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EDUCATION / BACKGROUND
--Excellent leadership and communication skills enabling "team" approach
--Must be able to resolve complaints and problems as they arise from customers and employees
--Manage and motivate a team of 30+ employees developing a culture that ensures the highest
level of customer service
--An Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration is preferred
-- 3-5+ year’s experience in retail management is required
-- Must be able to work weekends and holidays (Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas).
If you’re interested in joining this exciting, growing, team oriented company, email your resume ASAP. We look forward to hearing from you if you meet the qualifications. *Submit your resume ONLY if you have 3-5 years retail management*. Compensation package and benefits are competitive.