Pole Position Raceway

Pole Position Raceway Employer Reviews

Fun indoor go cart place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 12, 2014
Pros: three free races a week and the bonus money from memberships.
Cons: the head manager.
We have people come in from all over the world, most days we were busy. I learned to have more patience and to be more humble. My head manager was rude to customers and to the employees. My co-workers were very easy to get along with and we had fun. The hardest part is when there is no one there and nothing to do, to find something to do. Most enjoyable part was actually racing with my co-workers.
Most Fun You'll Ever Have at Work
Team Leader (Former Employee), Frisco, TXMay 30, 2014
Pros: free races, advancement opportunity
Cons: few poor managers
A typical day at P2R (Pole Position Raceway) involves opening the store by getting all of the karts, chargers, and track prepared for the day. Once customers begin coming in, you will greet them, introduce them to the facility, brief them over the karts and rules of racing, run their race, then thank them for visiting after they are done with all their races.

I learned a lot about working with a team to get projects done. Our biggest project is changing the track layout four time a year which requires a team effort in order to get the barriers and tires moved in place all in time to open the store on time.

Management can vary. They are all people and how much you like each manager depends on how your personalities compare to each other. The majority of the managers I worked with were excellent and encouraged me to do my best work every day.

You will often work with high school students but again, they are just people as well so you may really like or really dislike your co-workers depending on their individual personality. Management does a good job keeping people around who interact well with the other team members and will let people go if they struggle to keep positive morale while on the clock.

The toughest part about working at P2R is keeping your energy up at the end of an eight hour shift. You are constantly running or walking and have very little down time to catch your breath.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the reason there are so many customers that visit even during the week, go karts! You get free races working there and during your races you will have fun competition either with yourself or with the other team members or possibly even some regular customers.
Very fun Go-kart warehouse
Race Director (Former Employee), Corona, CAJanuary 7, 2014
This place was really fun to work at with the exception of a manager always giving you hell. it was a part time job lots of fun and open up your ability to comunicate with just about anyone.
Differant and fun place to work
Team Member (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYNovember 20, 2013
I would sign into work and immediately went to work with helping people get seated into their karts, answer questions, pull people out from underneath the barrier when they crashed, no day was the same. I learned how a fast paced work environment feels like and I improved my public speaking. The management was good. I had multiple managers, but I got along with them all very well. My co-workers were all together very good, although I had a few co-workers who were lazy and could have done their job better. The hardest part of the job was my transportation to my job. I had to drive 35 miles to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to race the karts for free.
Running the pits
Pit Crew (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 7, 2013
Very fun place to work, Got to deal with customers while they are having fun. A typical day was opening up and maintaining the pits, making sure the racing goes smoothly.
Can be a enjoyable work environment
Track Lead (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 5, 2012
Used to be a very fun and enjoyable work environment all the time. The job itself still can be however the majority of management has declined quite a bit. Has become a very hostile environment that has almost nothing to offer but a miserable work experience.

August 16, 2012

The management team at Pole Position Raceway is being formed with a local team. What could be more exciting, gradifying and rewarding that building a business from the ground up!

Fun on some days, Meet a lot of people
Manager (Current Employee), Corona, CAFebruary 18, 2012
Pros: fun
Cons: short term job
I loved working here for the first 8 months but after a while, the work becomes extremely boring and repetitive. Pay is low, at best. And there is one particular employee that makes every day seem 10x as long as it really needs to be.

About Pole Position Raceway

Pole Position Raceway was created in September 2005 in Corona, California, by co-founders Jason Williams and Ken Faught. The growth – Read more