Pole Position Raceway

Pole Position Raceway Employee Reviews in United States

Fun beginner job with room for advancement if you try.
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 16, 2016
At pole position there is always something to do, the work you do is appreciated and if you prove yourself there is room for advancement. There is a lot of down time which can be good or bad depending on your work ethics. My co-workers are a good group of people, I don't mind spending all day with them and we all get along. The hardest part of the job for me was having to work on Saturday but that doesn't take long to get used to. Management is friendly and they a pleasure to work with as long as you do your job but that goes with most places. The best part of the job for me particularly was how flexible my work schedule was.
Pros
Fast pace environment, 3 free races a week.
Cons
working Saturdays
Productive and fun work place.
Track Operator (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 25, 2016
A typical day basically consisted of positive energy from all angles. I learned how to carry myself in a professional manner at all times, even when im not at work. We All had 1 thing in common, provide a great experience for the customer. My managers were very proud to represent a great company, and it showed through their actions. My co-workers we're all in the same age group, that's always a good thing. The job wasn't to difficult overall, but very demanding and detail orientated. The most enjoyable part of the job was the parties at the end of the month the company would have for the employees. Can you say "Fun" Lol.
Pros
Flexible/Understanding with schedule and personal life.
Cons
N/A
Productive an fun outgoing enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 29, 2016
Most enjoyable part about the job is you get to race 3x a week. What ive learned is to be patient with customers. Management are excellent in helping out their employees. Hardest part about the job is the mis communication on the walkies.
Co-workers and managers are great but the customers are not.
Pits, Race Director, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 30, 2016
working at pole positions is fun at first but does get old after a while, the people you work with are great but the customer do get old because they do not respect you and are very ignorant at times.
Pros
Work Place
Cons
Customers and customer racing
Great people, fun enviorment, late hours.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 6, 2015
I really enjoyed working here. I was a CSR (Costumer service representative) and a party host. The people there were so much fun to work with. They all made the work day enjoyable. When you start they are so helpful. You can always be trained to work other jobs (like race director, pits, race controller) and you get paid more the more things you get trained on. The only bad part is, during the summer at least, you don't get out until later on the weekends. However, they are very reasonable when it comes to time off. I never had any problems.
Pros
Great people. Fun place to work.
Cons
Weekends
Differant and fun place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 20, 2013
I would sign into work and immediately went to work with helping people get seated into their karts, answer questions, pull people out from underneath the barrier when they crashed, no day was the same. I learned how a fast paced work environment feels like and I improved my public speaking. The management was good. I had multiple managers, but I got along with them all very well. My co-workers were all together very good, although I had a few co-workers who were lazy and could have done their job better. The hardest part of the job was my transportation to my job. I had to drive 35 miles to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to race the karts for free.
Fun indoor go cart place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 12, 2014
We have people come in from all over the world, most days we were busy. I learned to have more patience and to be more humble. My head manager was rude to customers and to the employees. My co-workers were very easy to get along with and we had fun. The hardest part is when there is no one there and nothing to do, to find something to do. Most enjoyable part was actually racing with my co-workers.
Pros
three free races a week and the bonus money from memberships.
Cons
the head manager.
Fun on some days, Meet a lot of people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 18, 2012
I loved working here for the first 8 months but after a while, the work becomes extremely boring and repetitive. Pay is low, at best. And there is one particular employee that makes every day seem 10x as long as it really needs to be.
Pros
fun
Cons
short term job
Can be a enjoyable work environment
Track Lead (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 5, 2012
Used to be a very fun and enjoyable work environment all the time. The job itself still can be however the majority of management has declined quite a bit. Has become a very hostile environment that has almost nothing to offer but a miserable work experience.
Most Fun You'll Ever Have at Work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 30, 2014
A typical day at P2R (Pole Position Raceway) involves opening the store by getting all of the karts, chargers, and track prepared for the day. Once customers begin coming in, you will greet them, introduce them to the facility, brief them over the karts and rules of racing, run their race, then thank them for visiting after they are done with all their races.

I learned a lot about working with a team to get projects done. Our biggest project is changing the track layout four time a year which requires a team effort in order to get the barriers and tires moved in place all in time to open the store on time.

Management can vary. They are all people and how much you like each manager depends on how your personalities compare to each other. The majority of the managers I worked with were excellent and encouraged me to do my best work every day.

You will often work with high school students but again, they are just people as well so you may really like or really dislike your co-workers depending on their individual personality. Management does a good job keeping people around who interact well with the other team members and will let people go if they struggle to keep positive morale while on the clock.

The toughest part about working at P2R is keeping your energy up at the end of an eight hour shift. You are constantly running or walking and have very little down time to catch your breath.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the reason there are so many customers that visit even during the week, go karts! You get free races working there and during your races you will have
  more... fun competition either with yourself or with the other team members or possibly even some regular customers.  less
Pros
free races, advancement opportunity
Cons
few poor managers
Hectic but fun
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 1, 2014
At times it would be so crowded you cannot move through the place and you have a birthday party with 20 kids wanting to ride the cars. Thankfully we would prepare ahead of time. Loved to work here.
Very fun Go-kart warehouse
Race Director (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 7, 2014
This place was really fun to work at with the exception of a manager always giving you hell. it was a part time job lots of fun and open up your ability to comunicate with just about anyone.
Running the pits
Pit Crew (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 7, 2013
Very fun place to work, Got to deal with customers while they are having fun. A typical day was opening up and maintaining the pits, making sure the racing goes smoothly.

4.2