POLICE ATHLETIC LEAGUE Employee Reviews in United States

Could be better
Site Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2016
PAL is a old time organization that used to be great, but now over the last 20 years have had some serious issues that needs to be taken care off.
Productive Company and Assistance for the community
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, RUApril 13, 2016
I enjoyed the children and the parents that I began to know and the company did many great things in the community, they provided many after school activities for the children to come out and enjoy. They also provided a safe place for the children to be at with contact with the city police and new adventures
Productive and satisfying place to work
Volunteer Baseball Coach/ Youth Mentor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 13, 2016
As a volunteer with hopes of becoming a paid staff member one day I find myself appreciating what i do with the youth. We are very productive with lots of sports and educational activities.
Pal
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2016
Great place to work, and many long term relationships were made here. This is a service to the community and the children who are served by the group who works so much for there development.
Very fun and productive work place
Volunteer Dance Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMarch 11, 2016
the hardest part of the job was going home. This job kept you occupied in doing the things that I love. the hours of operation were very short, i wished they were longer.
great work place
Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2016
loved working with kids. the staff was wonderful learned a lot of social skills. hardest part of the job was working little hours the kids really grow on you
Amazing Experience
CIT(Counselor in Training) (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 2, 2016
A typical day would be, taking kids to the park across the road. And helping out with the lawn work and maintenance. There were 3 Fields that we maintained. Amazing coworkers and director. Very understanding and cooperative with my schedule. Hardest part was leaving the kids after the summer was over because we bonded with the kids so well.
Pros
Enjoyed with kids, learned alot, learned how to manage money
Cons
working in the sun due to job being seasonal
Education Program Manager
Education Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 29, 2016
Wonderful giving back and able to serve. changing lives planting seeds. making a difference in the lives of children. Teaching life skills, giving explore going on many field trips (Steam Base).
Pros
making a difference in kids lives
Cons
young parents
Not incredibly hetic, a little rough around the edges
Group Leader, Activity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 16, 2016
I go in and leave the same time everyday. The job in itself is great, working with Children and Teenagers has its challenges, but once you get past the walls and make an impact, its rewarding! I enjoy that they understand even with my stern demeanor, I love what I do and I'm there for them. One con is having to deal with whatever the bring to the table, even when you start losing your patience, to remember why you're there and have used all possible solutions to handle problems that may arise. I get along with all my coworkers and management has gotten better.
Pros
Building relationships
Cons
partime, no breaks, no benefits, hard to get overtime
(SYEP) Summer Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2016
I learned how to checked faxes and correspondence for accuracy, entered data into system . Great staff, was a good experience working with them.
small community center for kids
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYJanuary 6, 2016
This job is pretty fun, on a daily basis I get the opportunity to interact with kids from 5 to 14 years old and demonstrate the role of a responsible adult in today's society. Also, during the school year and for the entire summer we get to go on fun/educational field trips
Pros
program is free of charge
Cons
limited resources
amazing program with care for children
Summer Camp Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYDecember 20, 2015
The kids that were involved with the program were thrilled to be a part of such a fun and organized summer camp. The events were culture centered and changing often enough to keep everyone involved entertained.
Pros
helping children with morals and fitness habits
Cons
program cancellation
productive and fun working place
Child Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brookly , NYNovember 14, 2015
management - Fun ambitious leaders
co-workers- friendly helpful supportive
hardest part of the day - Helping children with homework
most enjoyable part - Club Fridays
Pros
free lunch learning experience
Cons
N/A
Fun working enviorment
External Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 7, 2015
Being assigned to the Police Athletic league was a dream come true. Being able to make a difference in a the citizens of the city was very rewarding..
Pros
the ability io interact with the public in a positive manner.
Cons
not having enough resourseces at times to make a difference
Productive and fun working environment
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2015
Maintained a safe and healthy work environment for the other staff as well as the children as they went about their various daily activities.
Different But Fun Environment
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  St.Croix, USVIOctober 9, 2015
Interacting with teens and children who have such great mentalities brings attention to one who can also increase their mentality while learning from people with different, interesting mindsets.
Pros
Field Trips after good behavior
Cons
Negative behavior
fun workplace
camp counselor (Former Employee) –  new york, nyOctober 3, 2015
fun workplace with great people who encourage you to be better each day, there is no office politics, only good vibes and creativity. it was fun to work there everyday.
Police Atheltic Leauge
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 30, 2015
For over 100 years the police athletic league has served the many communities of the five boroughs and has brought children off the streets. With their after school, day camp and evening programs the Police Athletic League has helped the Nypd build a relationship with many of the communities of the five boroughs.
Pros
Nyc sick days
Very fun job!
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYAugust 8, 2015
I loved this job, i got to be creative and work with children my two favorite things which also goes and and hand. I taught and learned SO MUCH. Very rewarding experience
Teachers Assistant
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 6, 2015
This Job was a temporary summer program job that I learned to ensure the well being and safety of 18-22 students open up their imagination and put a smile on their faces

4.2