POLICE ATHLETIC LEAGUE Employee Reviews

Fun
Recreation Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2017
Coordinated and supervised recreational activities and greet all visitors to site as well as escort participants to tournaments. Coached participants with sports activities.
Summer Camp Supervisor
Supervising Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 20, 2017
Great and fun place to work. The most enjoyable moment is watching the children make new friends while exploring new options. The centers need more funding and supplies.
Teacher Assistant
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 20, 2017
assist teachers, with the students such as, taking attendance, look after students between break and lunch time.
I had a good time there, by learning new things, and working in different teams
Pros
good place to work
Cons
N/a
Great Seasonal Job To Have
Administrative Assistant/Assist Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2017
I started out with PAL as an assistant to the director, and over the course of 20 or more years, I have held positions as a assistant director of Plat Streets, Youth Program Coordinator, Night Center arts and craft specialist, parent coordinator, all f which I am proud to say, that I loved what I did, interacting with staff, parents and children.
Pros
working on Play Streets
Cons
coordinating youth work shops
Workplace
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 10, 2017
Working at a summer camp was very interesting because you deal with almost all age groups and seeing how they react, are command and what they do in camp.
Pros
Gain friendships
Productive workplace
Janitor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 9, 2017
I've never actually partook in PAL only for SYEP purposes so I do not have any input on this establishment to contribute on this page but their employment process was enjoyable.
Summer Camp/After School Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2017
One Of The Best Summer Camps/After-Schools To Send Your Children To . They Are Very Creative & Productive I Guarantee That You're Child Will Have The Best Summer Or Winter Of There Life
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
N/a
Productive and fun place to work at
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2017
I enjoyed my time their as a counselor. It was legitimately the best summer I had. The children were amazing and intelligent. The staff were very calm, cool and collected, as well.
Pros
Long breaks, great vibes
Cons
N/a
Typical day
Executive Director Assistant, Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLNovember 21, 2017
A typical day was getting a chance to meet all types of people. I had an opportunity to spend time with local police officer in the local cities. Every day was a different challenge to improve the community.
Summer Job
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  205 N New York AveNovember 20, 2017
It was a summer Job . You get to work with children, it’s a fun experience. The staff is good and you. Get to go on trips ex : Clementon Park , Funplex. You also have lunch break
Annoying place to work
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2017
Not family friendly which is ironic since it's a youth focused organization. Upper management is self centered and lack the ability to lead. not connected to staff or families served
Rewarding experience
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2017
This place is awesome. Definitely a pleasure working for them. Diverse, forward-thinking organization. Great place to work and learn from youth and other adults.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Good atmosphere, Laidback
Cons
Low Pay
A typical day at PAL
Kids Counselor (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYOctober 13, 2017
i'll Start at 2:00.at 2:45 i'll be picking up my class (kindergarten) we go to the lunchroom to eat snack at 3 we going to class we stay in the class and homework until 3:45 by 4 we go either to art,gym,dance whatever activity we had that day by 5:30 we start packing up and getting ready to go to the auditorioum for dismissal
Pros
team work always had a great time with the staff and kids
Cons
it was only part-time
Nice Experience
Play Street Director / Drug Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 10, 2017
I enjoyed teaching SYIP students how to engage younger children.

They should incorporate a debrief after the program to learn how to improve the program moving forward, to learn how the program impacts the student workers, and to survey the directors.
Pros
Fun way for young people to earn honest money
Cons
No professional development component for SYIP workers
Productive, Fun, exciting
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 5, 2017
I loved playin games with children and participating in activities with these children, i loved managing the money, it was just so much fun because we went on alot of trips and lots of educational trips. I loved everything about it.
Pros
free lunches, the pay
Cons
Short breaks
Police athletic league
Juvenile Activity Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2017
Learn alot of information. Great environment to work in. Kids is smart and great to learn from. Must be able to work with kids. People is fun to work with.
a dump
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 12, 2017
PAL was one of the worst places I ever worked, very weak upper management, no support to do my job, and not willing to fight for resources to serve community .
Great Deal of Paper work, But tremendous learning experince
SYEP Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 29, 2017
Job was a very busy one that required a lot of travel three times a week to multiple sites to monitor and check up on all the Summer youth workers. Must love kids and organization helps
Great teaching experience with diverse children
Art & Craft Instructor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2017
Great experience in teaching a diverse community of children. Students were attentive and learned quickly under my supervision and help.
The school environment was good.
The majority of my colleagues was kind and remained good friends.
Pros
Love being surrounded by students who enjoy the class experience.
Cons
Limitation of equipments
working with children is fun.
Group Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 17, 2017
working with children ranging from Kindergarten to eighth grade was a great learning experience. making up lesson plans, and activities for the children was FUN.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at POLICE ATHLETIC LEAGUE. Our community is ready to answer.