POLICE ATHLETIC LEAGUE

POLICE ATHLETIC LEAGUE Employee Reviews

Amazing
Youth Advisory Intern (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 19, 2015
Pros: Children, Education
The people are fantastic. Its just amazing to work with kids and people of all kinds. It was a pleasure to get into the young minds of the kids that were available and to see what they wanna do in life.
Working with kids has been a beautiful experience
Program Aid (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYJune 19, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: when you dont understand why a kid came to afterschool sad.
A typical day at work consisted me organizing and cleaning up the class rooms before the children came inside. I also helped the group leader come up with fun activities for the kids to enjoy and gain knowledge on a subject at the same time. The coworkers were friendly towards me because I kept my personal life private. The hardest part of my job was having to know that I probably wont be seeing the same kids I have grown attached to anymore because of various reasons. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know all of the children.
Very productive and fun workplace.
Rec Assistant (Current Employee), Atlantic City, NJJune 5, 2015
PAL is a great start in my career. I learned how to handle different situations with different. My co-workers were very polite in helping learn the steps to being good at my job.
If you desire to reach out to the younger generation, this is the place to be.
Group Leader (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMay 27, 2015
- Creative activities that keep you occupied
- I learned that the youth can be our biggest teachers
- Management was passionate and motivated
- Co-workers were also passionate and driven to master the communication
- The hardest part was getting the kids to understand some things
- The most enjoyable was seeing them mentally grow through the program
Minumum pay
Field Supervisor (Former Employee), Queens, NYMay 25, 2015
Pros: YOU OUT IN THE FELID
Cons: YOU DONT COMPENSATED FOR THE PAY
NOT ORGANIZED. IT LIKE WALKING INTO A NYCHA OFFICE. THE STAFF ACT LIKE THE CLIENTS THEY SERVE. IT ALL OVER THE PLACE A HOT MESS.
Productive place
Volunteer Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 23, 2015
Great first job. SYEP position comes with a lot of leadership and character advancement. If you are looking for a summer job this is a great option.
productive and fun day teaching kids how to play basketball
assistant director (Former Employee), ny,nyMay 18, 2015
Pros: free pracftice time to play basketball
Cons: it was only for three hours
A typical day was come in the gym early and shoot around until the kids started to walk in. Next I would hand out the equipment for the activities to be played in the gym. I would then oversee or ref the basketball games until it was time to leave. I learned how to operate a large group of teenagers with disagreements about a foul call. I liked how my co-workers who where older than me taught me how to fill out my time sheet and how to watch and make sure everyone was safe. The hardest part of my job was fighting the urge to want to play basketball but I couldn't because I was working. I enjoyed having the gym to myself before and a little after we closed down for the night and the fact we had Fridays off.
PAL brings youth, community, and school together
Program Coordinator/Center Director (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYMay 16, 2015
Pros: positive work environment
The PAL is a great company to work for. They are a positive force in the community and work to help the youth.
This company promotes based on hard work and not seniority, or job title. A lot of time is taken to have a positive enriching influence on today's youth. The PAL has been around for over 100 years and is still going strong.
SUMMER YOUTH
Assistant Coach (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 15, 2015
this was a seasonal job. only for summer youth, but it taught me a lot about patience. it was pretty cool i liked it. its kool for a teenager but not a lifetime job lol
Productive and excellent working environment
Technical Soccer Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 11, 2015
sports, health, entertainment and recreation in children, adolescents and adults.
fun and relaxing working environment with the participation and cooperation of the police new york
Police Athletic League- Fairly Good
Tutor (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 5, 2015
This is site is a much needed organization in the area. Although working with teenagers is difficult, it is also very rewarding at the same time. The two counselors are always there when you need them and staff are all friendly and helpful.
Professional and team-oriented culture
Clerk Registrar/ Soccer Coach (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 2, 2015
Interact with the students/participants and parents at drop off and pick periods. Update registration and attendance records daily. Prepare weekly activity plan for soccer program.
Worst job
Early Childhood Education Teacher (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 1, 2015
Poor staffing needs, poor management, poor facility, poor early childhood curriculum. No benefits. Probably the worst job i've ever had.
fun workplace
Junior Accountant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 19, 2015
Work is very time consuming especially at the end of the year. Friendly co-workers.Good in having activities that brings departments together
Productive and fun place to work in
Center Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 5, 2015
Pros: working for police athletic league
My typical day at work was very smooth loved the pace and the environment. I Carlos Sosa learned various ways to engage with children and teach both kids and adults different ways of problem solutions. the management was awesome worked well with each other and made everything possible work in the work space. the hardest part if the job was leaving it. the most enjoyable part of the job was the children just seeing the smile and leave happy was the goal we achieved every single day.
Fun
Office Manager (Former Employee), Bronx NYFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: fun with the children
Cons: not enough staff
enjoyable place to work, the staff and the children made you want to go to work each day. You would want to see what exciting thing you would learn from the children once they came to the program.
After you completed your day to day tasks of running the office you would look forward to helping the children with their homework. You also remember the lasting memories that you have with children. The summer camp when all of the PAL's would get together.
Students receive quality enrichment at the Police Athletic League
Program Manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free program that offers dinner
Cons: not enough time built in to do all of the activities planned for.
Updating daily attendance and at the end of the month add the attendance into a database that the funders can monitor. Arrange the day with activities and enrichment opportunities for the children that attend the program.
The hardest part of the day is when asked, as urgent, to gain information and send to corporate. It takes from my ritual of the day.
The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the children grow and learn. It is most enjoyable when the students respect their Youth Development Instructors and have fun.
Police Athletic League
Instructor (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: educating children
Cons: minimum funded program
A typical workday would be to instructor children how to balance education with athletic activities. I learned children are generally willing to learn more when the education includes fun and entertaining activities. Management implemented daily activities for the children. The hardest part of the job was providing with a wider range of activities on a minimum funded program. The most enjoying part of the job was teaching children how to swim and other life lesson skills.
Homework instructor and computer instructor (Former Employee), 27th and Hagard Phila PaDecember 6, 2014
Pros: l iove to work with people
Cons: some people have poor work ethic
I have learned from every job that I have been on. People are precious commodities and I love working side by side with them to accomplish any righteous goal. The hardest part of a job is getting people to raise their standards to a high work ethic.
Productive and fun workplace
Staff Mentor (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLNovember 30, 2014
The co-workers were very nice and professional. A typical day for me consisted of making sure the kids received their breakfast and lunch, keeping an eye on the kids making sure they're doing what they're supposed to do, and make sure everything is in order and clean.

1 2 3 4 5

About POLICE ATHLETIC LEAGUE

The Police Athletic League (PAL) is New York City's largest, nonprofit, independent youth organization. Founded in 1914, PAL serves – Read more

POLICE ATHLETIC LEAGUE Salaries

$45,000 per year
Site Director
$15.00 per hour

POLICE ATHLETIC LEAGUE Photos

It was wonderful working with young people at P.A.L. as the site supervisor.