Police Department Employee Reviews

Good job
Detective (Current Employee) –  Collegedale, TNJune 27, 2017
I enjoy coming in every day and doing my job. I come in every day and investigate the cases that are assigned to me. Management likes to micromanage. I am able to work at my own pace.
Pros
I make my own schedule
Cons
Too much Micro-Management
a typical day at work
Seargent Of Police (Former Employee) –  Río Grande Municipio, PRJune 24, 2017
A typical day of work always brings you a new experience while more people are related to you more knowledge you acquire for the sake of your work.That makes you a better citizen.
working on the road alot
Aux. Police Officer (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Virgin IslandsJune 3, 2017
● Carry out specific job duties on a regular basis.
● Patrolling designated areas.
● Enforcing laws.
● Respond to emergency calls.
● Arresting individuals suspected of committing crimes.
● Issuing citations.
● Testifying in court and conducting traffic stops.
● Complete reports and fill out forms regarding incidents.
Pros
meeting people everyday
Productive work environment
Police Explorer (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLMay 25, 2017
There is no other police department like the Delray Beach Police Department. The officers are caring, very active in the community, and set a phenomenal example of what it is to be in law enforcement.
Assistant
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 5, 2017
Working at the police department was a good experience because it made me aware of how imporatant it is to be on time . Which is essential to all jobs . It also made me aware that it important to be organized for future references.
productivity, dedication, perseverance
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  kragujevacMarch 27, 2017
Work I do is very demanding in the police, especially when working as deputy head, where in addition to manage and organize their work, you are responsible for themselves and their safety and procedures.
The hardest part of the job if another student is injured while performing their task, and the best part is I teamwork and successfully completed.
Pros
Free lunches, accommodation and air ticket from Belgrade, Serbia
Cons
disrespect employees
Being around police officers
Facilities Office (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 13, 2017
fun place to work at, I got better with my communication skills with people (specially angry people) and I learned how to deal with them. The ride alongs I had was the most fun about this job.
Pros
Ride alongs
Cons
non
Felt like family from day one
911 Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Everman, TXMarch 7, 2017
Fell in love with each and every one there. High level of professionalism. Very close knit and family oriented. Developed a higher level of respect for law enforcement. Will always do what is in my power to back them up. Hardest part of the job is the potential negative outcome of a traffic stop or arrest. Domestic disturbance or EMS call
Pros
No doubt they'll always have my back
Cons
No real breaks, take them as they come
Ambiente de trabajo fuerte
Agente investigador (Current Employee) –  Río Grande Municipio, PRMarch 5, 2017
El trabajo de Policia es uno muy fuerte y estresante ademas de tener una vida muy arriesgada
Pros
Plan retiro
Cons
No hay tiempo para comer
Police cruiser
Criminal Justice (Former Employee) –  Brookville, INFebruary 22, 2017
Rode around in a police cruiser to gain experience for my degree. Attended Indiana State University and an internship was part of the hours for my degree.

Want to know more about Police Department?

Ask a question
Great place to work with advancement opportunities.
Keyboarding Clerk (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJDecember 28, 2016
The Police Station is a business casual, up beat place to be employed by. Everything is fast paced and stimulating to the mind.
Nice place to work and very positive place.
Rank of Sergeant, Duties Listed (Former Employee) –  East Saint Louis, ILNovember 29, 2016
Very positive place to work. Enjoy the point of helping people. Meeting people getting their problem worked out. I would get about 20 calls a day to assitt other officers. Also would learn how they work. the hardest part is advising a family about a death. See a smile when a FAMILY has found closer.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Around death
Easy work
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Monmouth, ILNovember 28, 2016
Sweep and mop floors before waxing them. Run a floor buffer to strip the old wax. Let dry and apply wax. Wax needs multiple layers. Cannot do the whole place in one night so have to split up rooms.
Benefits
Cons
Late nights
Great environment to work in
Police Training Academy/Police Department (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 20, 2016
Management great, hours are great, hour long lunch break which is paid, work load is high but very manageable co-workers are awesome. You'll learn a lot
Pros
hour long break which is paid
Cons
no OT
Very Productive Work Place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 21, 2016
being an intern there was amazingly life changing. I was able to meet new people and also learn about the advantages and disadvantages of being an officer. I also learned different laws and how to practice my amendments when pulled over by a cop.
Pros
free lunch, new experience, met new people
Cons
having to be outside, taking alot of notes, barely get a break
very active
School Safety Sergeant/Level lll Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 1, 2016
Enjoy meeting new people everyday. lots of training. enjoying working with students and staff in a school. learn how work under pressure. you must put in a lot of overtime to see a good paycheck. work in every borough in new york city.
Pros
meeting new people and great benefits
Cons
no pay raise annually, must do a lot overtime. poor management
Wonderful experience
Police Cadet and Internship (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 12, 2016
Very Type A personalities, as they have to be, to be in the police field. I Love the camaraderie and the challenges that come with the job
Very productive days/ learned to care for people and society/ great tem-work/ is not easy to ID bodies but, love the fiield since I was 5 yrs. old.
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  PRSeptember 3, 2015
Very exciting place. I had a very supportive management. Very hard work but, very fulfilling and always protected the civilians and made a difference fighting crime and enforcing laws with justice, love and dignity. I had the opportunity to developed to the position of Lieutenant. Develop to be a Main Leader at my Police Department. Served for 33 yrs. with love and respect. I was always very dedicated. punctual, very diligent, responsible and always willing to run the extra mile. Willing to have schedule flexibility. The experience was the best one in my life.
Pros
Passion for the position, growth, great management and work-team.
Cons
Very variable Shifts.
Long hours and short staff no support system and not open to new ideas
Police Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  City of AvondaleJuly 21, 2015
A typical day at work is 7am to 6pm non-stop customer calls, complaints and order of protections. I learned the A.R.S. codes for police citations and accidents. Management is horrible. They are not open to new ideas or change. They do not believe in being customer service oriented nor do they believe in asking for help. Management is terrible. I've never experienced a high volume of gossip and sarcasm in any job than at the Police Department. Management likes to talk badly about their employees to other co-workers. Co-workers were lazy and not productive. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and everyday load of work was to much for one person to complete, there was always holdovers of never ending scanning and data entry. The most enjoyable part of the job was working side by side with the Police Officers. They worked so hard and were so very kind to the public and to their co-workers.
Pros
Great job to work with Officers
Cons
Management is terrible.
Productive and Informational Workplace
Summer at Youth Enrichment Program (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDJune 12, 2015
-Filing, Typing, and answering phone calls.
-I learned about the requirements of the police academy.
-I had one co-worker.
-I had the opportunity to meet new people.
-The job was great because it gave me the opportunity to be in a new environment.
Pros
opportunity to meet police officers and learn new information
Cons
only summer job